Info Global Captive Breeders - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-13-2010, 03:58 PM   #21
Drew Zaun
CB...in Indonesia? Unless Mitch can show otherwise, that to me says that they were bred by "wild" adults living in a huge caged in colony under wild conditions (except for the cage) and people go find the eggs or hatchlings and ship them here. They have ALL the same problems as wild caught, because they live in the exact same conditions.

So in the future, treat anything with that sort of label as though it were WC and have it dewormed.

As far as the ticks, it is possible that they came from you. You mention you use mulch, and I am sure some sort of cage furniture as well. When purchasing that stuff you could check out where it came from and treat it for possible parasites that are from that area. And be aware some parasite eggs are really hard to kill.
I am not saying one way or the other, I would lean on them coming in with the animals myself, but you should be aware of this for future reference. Baking will not kill everything everytime.

At any rate 4 ticks would not be enough to kill an adult monitor, unless they transferred some disease to it. Most likely it was internal parasites.

Old 12-13-2010, 05:27 PM   #22
SIGNATURE DESIGN EXOTICS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Zaun View Post
CB...in Indonesia? Unless Mitch can show otherwise, that to me says that they were bred by "wild" adults living in a huge caged in colony under wild conditions (except for the cage) and people go find the eggs or hatchlings and ship them here. They have ALL the same problems as wild caught, because they live in the exact same conditions.

So in the future, treat anything with that sort of label as though it were WC and have it dewormed.

As far as the ticks, it is possible that they came from you. You mention you use mulch, and I am sure some sort of cage furniture as well. When purchasing that stuff you could check out where it came from and treat it for possible parasites that are from that area. And be aware some parasite eggs are really hard to kill.
I am not saying one way or the other, I would lean on them coming in with the animals myself, but you should be aware of this for future reference. Baking will not kill everything everytime.

At any rate 4 ticks would not be enough to kill an adult monitor, unless they transferred some disease to it. Most likely it was internal parasites.
i do use mulch but i bake it at 250 for a couple of hrs. i also used the same mulch in my other setups as well with no issue. thats why i dont think they came from the mulch.(ps the mulch was the zoo med cypress and i doubt that they do not treat it.

thanks for the advice tho. i will get any animal checked from now on just to be safe. like i said i think it is a lil bit both are faults and thats why i'm only asking for half. its also why i try to only but c/b animals but life goes on right?

Old 12-15-2010, 01:52 AM   #23
SIGNATURE DESIGN EXOTICS
i am happy to say that me and mitch are workingout an agreement. he seems happy to help me and i have to give him a a+ for keeping in contact with me. i will let everyone know when the deal has gone through. thanks for all the support from everyone!!!

Old 12-20-2010, 02:32 AM   #24
usmckmanning
Kind of wierd that i have know Mitch for a couple of years now and i have not heard one good thing about this guy. Even his employees tell me the horor stories about his reptiles.

A couple of my friends have bought some reptiles off him and they were either sick with mites and had a respitory problem or have died a few days later after they were bough. When my duddies went back to his facility to explain what happend Mitch said there are no refunds or mitch would give them a reptile that is worth half the value of the reptile.

Just stay away from Mitch

p.s i have never bought anything off of Mitch all i do is tell people BEWARE of buying something off of him and 80% of his reptiles he buys off other people andd mark up the value. FLIPPER

Old 12-20-2010, 08:49 PM   #25
zuritabu
Now I hear he is in hot water with the labor board for not paying ex employees there last pay checks for weeks on end.I only had to wait a month!!!!

Old 04-29-2011, 02:42 PM   #26
SIGNATURE DESIGN EXOTICS
i just want everyone to know that mitch has made good on the blues. im happy to say that he not only sent me what i was owed but a extra as well. they look much better then the last ones and will take them to a vet on monday to be sure. he keep his word and as far as im concerned mitch is ok by me. thanks for all your support!!!

bruce

Old 07-20-2011, 01:09 AM   #27
Behmfamily
Please take the negative posts from disgruntled, terminated employees and bogus claims by people who give unsupported, third-party stories with a grain of salt. Last year, we sold almost 5,000 individual animals with almost no complaints. In every case, we resolved those few complaints to the satisfaction of our customers. At the recent San Diego Show, we made good and replaced a GTP that was lost over a year ago due to the lack of expertise by the buyer. The buyer was in tears begging for a replacement. I'd like to see how many people would step up in a case like that.

As to the CB versus WC versus CH. Last year, US F&W upon checking an incoming shipment, took possession of a pair of CB Green Tree monitors to check and see if they were WC. They did all the tests that they do, to determine if there are internal parasites or other signs of a non-CB nature. Needless to say, the animals were returned to me. If I sell an animal as CB, FB or CH, then that's exactly what it is and I guarantee it.

And if anyone wonders why it took so long to make Bruce whole, we waited to Spring to ship the replacements from Southern California to Rhode Island. I'll maintain that we have one of the strongest guarantees in the industry.

Thanks,

Mitch Behm
Global Captive Breeders

Old 12-15-2012, 08:24 AM   #29
Redfeet
Back in 2009 when global first started posting on kingsnake I made multiple attempts to purchase some black trees. Everytime I inquired about something they posted they would tell me the shipment was delayed. When they did finally arrive the females would always be sold or all they had were males. Once I was told they had come in in bad shape but the ads always remained to run. The last time I inquired about an ad they informed once again they didn't have the shipment in yet and the price on them was going to be higher even though their ad clearly listed a price. Having dealt with importers in the past these things are typical of the industry but what what really made me ultimately decide to never deal with them was when I was told if I wanted have a better chance at getting them I should prepay or give a deposit. Just to humor myself I asked how can I pre pay on something you couldnt give me a price on? Needless to say that was the last conversation I had with them. Regardless of if it's CH or CB if its being imported alwaya consider it WILD CAUGHT. These farms have improved over the years but are from sanitary nor are they regulated by anyone. I use to hand pick from a lot of importers in S Florida and would never offer a guarantee on anything. I must say I will give him credit for that but I can't say I'm not curious how that would have played out had it not been posted it here? Thanks for posting that link Ty. Seems things just got sticky for Global.

Old 12-15-2012, 08:27 AM   #30
Redfeet
Sorry for the typos lol. My phone isnt as smart as Sprint claims.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!