Bad Guy Jeff Benfer (Gartersnakemorph.com) Buyer Beware - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-12-2018, 01:04 AM   #51
jeff benfer
Quote:
Originally Posted by albert clark View Post
Wow, this is really sad to see that the merits of this original transaction couldn't be handled on a more personal level. Two guys ( Jeff and Tommy) who are both very accomplished in their own rights in the garter snake industry/ hobby. Jeff especially, a garter snake morph pioneer who is and should always be very well respected. Tommy, a up and coming well respected breeder who has had countless forum conversations and interaction with Jeff. Both of whom are educators as well, I would hope that this is just a unfortunate handling of a transaction that went in the wrong direction from the outset. One that got sensationalized and overblown.
Albert,
I am not sure if you fully realize how damaging a post like this is. I took the snake back and refunded his money and he still made a public stink. Albert, I sincerely hope this never happens to you, it kind of takes the fun out of the hobby for a person.
I am done with all this drama, it's not worth it and I have better things to do with my time. Tommy's just a kid with a lack of patience and a lot of growing up to do.
Jeff

Old 03-12-2018, 01:15 AM   #52
jeff benfer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Dragons View Post
Tom received the $50.00 payment to cover a long overdue shipping cost that was owed.(thats my take on it anyway.) it was pressure from the BOI thread that made it happen.Jeff tried to save face. good to see the payment sent to Tom and hope that is the end of this story.
Ed, you are correct on wanting to end this story.

Old 03-12-2018, 05:23 AM   #53
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff benfer View Post
I am not sure if you fully realize how damaging a post like this is. I took the snake back and refunded his money and he still made a public stink.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMMYTRADIX View Post
yes i got almost $250 back. I shouldn't of had to pay to send her back to him. I'm almost certain she's dead. Its funny how he claimed she was eating small mice but said she took a worm. For the time i had her she was very lethargic and had no interest in anything. She barely even moved. She had very weak muscle tone and her spine was showing. He was selling all of his retired breeders and i should have asked the age of her but didnt cause he knew i wanted to breed her since mine passed shortly before he posted her. There was no mention of her being paired and not producing until i said something about the slugs. Also I've never heard or experienced a garter absorbing unfertilized eggs.it shicked me when he said he didn't monitor that type of thing either they produced or they didn't.
It sounds as if her age and condition were not disclosed. So to me the 'damage' was initiated by the seller. Had the seller been more honest about the description, the snake very well may not have been purchased by the buyer in the first place.

Old 03-12-2018, 08:49 AM   #54
jeff benfer
Quote:
Originally Posted by albert clark View Post
Well, I feel that this particular transaction is abberation and doesn't portray the true convictions and representations of Jeff. Tommy and Jeff camaraderie runs deep and I just feel bad that it had to come to the BOI..
Al, I appreciate what you said here, and I agree. Thanks

Old 03-22-2018, 07:25 PM   #55
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMMYTRADIX View Post
i checked her out and noticed she was very thin and her spine was showing. I palpated her as i do with all new adults. I felt 12+ slugs in her and immediately contacted him. She arrived around 10:45-11am and i contacted him at 11:15am.Llong story short, he fought with me and accused me of having mites, told me refunds and returns are non existent in the hobby and said "this isn't Wal-mart". He then told me i had a lot of growing up to do and after he refunds me my money he better not hear a peep out of me ever again.
I'm not sure if Jeff reads the BOI but returns and refunds certainly do have a place in today's business market, especially when unacceptable stock is sent out. I feel had the seller's description here more accurately represented the condition of the snake, Tommy may not have made the purchase and all this aggravation could have been avoided.

Old 06-23-2018, 08:11 PM   #56
sixgunsun1177
Things sometimes go wrong and it’s how the parties handle it that matter. I found this thread because Jeff has a great deal on ball pythons right now. I was looking up to see if you could be trusted. While it looks like most of his transactions in the past have gone well, If a problem arises I don’t want to be told that it’s not Walmart.
Think I’ll pass, great deal or not.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!