Ron Billingsley is he around or hiding?? - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-19-2007, 12:51 PM   #21
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmurphy
...It is well known that Ed's are one of the least expensive displays available...
Ed's??

Old 09-19-2007, 12:54 PM   #22
kmurphy
Quote:
Ed's??
Oops, Ed's = Ron's

My mind was still on the other thread I guess.

Old 09-19-2007, 02:35 PM   #23
patenaud
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmurphy
Just curious Denis, did you offer to pay a premium on the keepers you bought or did you pay the set price? It is well known that Ed's are one of the least expensive displays available. Personally I haven't tried anyone else's because they cost too much. I suspect though that they may be of better quality so given the choice I purchased the least expensive and didn't complain about the quality. Which, by the way, I think is fine IMO.

There were no options to pay for a "better" product as I didn't know they were built as cheaply as possible. I just assumed (and you know what they say about that ) that they were like acrylic displays that I'd seen at shows, malls, etc. I also thought that they were cheaper due to lower labour and material costs in the U.S. Don't get me wrong, they're a decent product and the major point I was trying to make in my post was customer service. Maybe if I had been a happier customer I would have been happy with the units, because I wouldn't know the difference. I'd have nothing to compare with. I needed more and didn't want to risk ordering for the U.S. again so I just had them made and then I realised the difference...

Put it this way, it costs me more to get them built here than what I could buy them from Ron and get them shipped but if you look at them side by side there's a huge difference. The polishing really makes the displays glitter under the lights. There are no sharp edges, the doors are better fitted, the base is flush, the cuts are all straight angles.

At the time I couldn't find other suppliers on the internet. Some have now popped up with more expensive displays for sale.

Would I have chosen the more expensive option, if it were available at the time? I'd have to answer yes, but that's made on the assumption that Ron's website would have clear pictures and descriptions so that I could make an informed purchase.

It's really a matter of what's acceptable to you. I'm the type of person who doesn't mind paying a bit more for a better product. That doesn't mean that Ron's product isn't good, it just means that it isn't good enough for me.

Denis

Old 11-28-2007, 03:52 PM   #24
ReptileEmpire
Has anyone had any contact with Ron recently? I paid for displays a while back and have not been able to get him to respond since. I finally resorted to filing a dispute with Paypal and he will not even respond through to them.

Old 11-28-2007, 04:30 PM   #25
Ron Billingsley
Please go to your PayPal account. You've been fully refunded. You should have recieved an email from them stating so. Also, please notice I emailed you yesterday regarding your order. You have my permission to post that email here if you like. Maybe you haven't read your emails today before you posted?
No harm. Let me know if you want to re order. Thanks

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!