Cooper's Adventure Home (pics) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Mammals > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics related to Mammals.

Old 01-05-2006, 03:06 AM   #1
PaulSage
Cooper's Adventure Home (pics)

Well, here's my anxiously-awaited new puppy. I just got home 24 hours ago, and after snapping a few pictures of his introduction to my 5 1/2 year old Golden Retriever (Jersey), I thought I'd post a few pictures in the spiffy new Dog Forum. Cooper is a red dapple Dachsund by the way.

We did most of our travelling at night (to avoid the insane chains of RV's from WI to AZ) so I didn't really have too many opportunities to take pictures of him along the way except for when we stopped to sleep at a hotel.

Here he is looking all attentive after I explained to him that shoelaces are not puppy toys. I hope I don't jinx it, but he hasn't chewed on them since.

I thought this picture was too funny to not post, even though it's a little blurry. For some reason he reminded me of Eeyore (sp?) from Winnie the Pooh. It looks like he was trying to fly, but his little toenails actually made him stick to the carpet kinda like velcro.

Here he is getting ready for bed:

Here's a picture we took through the truck window going 80 mph. I thought it turned out too well to not post.

Here's another picture taken through the truck window of some rocks in NM. We saw lots of other rocks too; most were stacked up like these, but some were behind the wheel of a car/truck/RV. Some people just shouldn't be allowed to have driving licenses...

Anyway, here's Jersey showing Cooper what he's missing by being too short to get up on the couch:

And finally, here's the both of them sleeping in the office after getting all tired out from playing together:

I was a little apprehensive about driving 1700 miles back from AZ with a puppy in the car, because I wasn't sure if he'd cry the whole way back or get car sick. Fortunately, he could not have been on better behavior. He only started to whimper a little when he had to potty, which was less frequent than our stops for fuel, and he would go as soon as I set him on the ground.

I was also a little worried about how Jersey would react to not being the only child anymore, but she so far she couldn't be a better big sister / surrogate mom.

The End.

Old 01-05-2006, 03:12 AM   #2
shrap
They are both beautiful pups Paul..... and I bet Jersey will come to love and appreciate the new addition to the family. Hope you had a wonderful holiday my friend!!

Old 01-05-2006, 06:27 AM   #3
Ginger Ambrose
They are both beautiful.
Congratulations on your newest family member.

Ginger

Old 01-05-2006, 08:29 PM   #4
Jeremy Letkey
Very cool Paul. I'm not a little dog person myself but that first picture will just melt your heart. Very cute pup. I'm sure that Jersey will love having a new chew toy around the house. LOL

Old 01-06-2006, 01:11 AM   #5
PaulSage
Thanks everyone. Right now I'm working on teaching him that he has to wait until the socks come off my feet before he can play with them.

Jeremy, I'm usually not much of a small-dog person either, but a second big dog would take up a lot of space at times. I like the idea of a doxie because they're more like big dogs in little packages than they are like the little foo-foo dogs. lol

Old 01-06-2006, 01:32 AM   #6
Xelda
Oh, that is so cute!! *dies*

Old 01-06-2006, 02:29 AM   #7
Tere Salazar
Okay

That's it...the pics are too cute...GIVE HIM BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know I'm messing with ya, Paul. Great pics though. God, I do miss that little face!

Oh...and if anyone is ever looking for the perfect houseguest...that would be Paul Sage.

Old 01-06-2006, 09:25 PM   #8
Cat_72
Awwwwwwwwww Paul........he is just the cutest!!!!!

If I couldn't have him......I'm glad it's you that got him, lol....I don't think he could ask for a better "dad" or "sister".

The next one like that is MINE Tere, lol.

Old 01-06-2006, 09:59 PM   #9
Tere Salazar
Cat-

It just may be a fight between you ladies for the next one like that. LOL

John

Old 01-06-2006, 10:06 PM   #10
Cat_72
I think I could "take her", John. Heh heh.

Don't tell her I said that though..LMAO.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!