Not bad for a couple of hours work! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-04-2002, 01:24 AM   #1
WebSlave
This was thrown together pretty quickly, so there certainly are going to be some rough spots here.  There are things here that I don't have a clue about what they do, so I guess we'll all discover them along the way.

Anyway, Danni is still working on the old system as of 02/04/02, but I figured I'd better put something in place in case he found something insurmountable about putting the site on my server.  In the meantime, let's play with this for a while and see what it can do.

I know there are advertisers that have paid for banner ads, but at this point, I'm just trying to get the door to the site cracked open again.  If Danni does not get the site running, then we'll figure out how to make this one do the job.

Thanks for bearing with us.

Old 02-04-2002, 05:01 AM   #2
looks good to me!

Old 02-04-2002, 09:36 AM   #3
Neil Gubitz
Rich...It looks good, but VERY CONFUSING!!! The type in the blue boxes are UNREADABLE!! You've GOT TO have BLACK TYPE so it's EASILY READABLE!!

Old 02-04-2002, 10:26 AM   #4
Reptile City
Reptile City.comkalin@reptilecity.com
I agree with Neil on this one. Right now it is pretty confusing. There are a ton of options on this site, I think that is what throws me for a loop. But it looks nice Rich!

Old 02-04-2002, 11:53 AM   #5
WebSlave
Jeesus Neil!  Give me a break.  I was up till past 4am last night getting this board up.  Believe it or not, I got this whole thing up and running like you see it now in just under one full day.

So I certainly have not had time to fine tune it. No, I don't like the color scheme either, but that's what I got when I installed it.

I don't know what Danni is doing, but I can't wait any longer. This may wind up being what we have from here on out.  There are a LOT of options in here not only for everyone posting messages, but for me as well to be able to manage this thing.  I can actually offload some of my work by assigning moderators to the different categories.  This board has an incredible number of bells and whistles.

Yes, it's new and yes YOU are going to have to read the options, and even experiment a bit.  I put a section down at the bottom of the page expressly for people to be able to experiment at their heart's content.  Use it.  You don't have to use EVERY option if you don't want to.  But for those that want to, and know how to do it, it's here for their use.

And as always, I certainly had no illusions of satisfying everyone with everything I do, but dammit I'm doing the best I can.

WebSlave

Old 02-04-2002, 12:05 PM   #6
bssnakes
It looks good on my screen !! Thanks Rich!!
  Tom

Old 02-04-2002, 12:30 PM   #7
sturgisfxb
Hey Webslave,
I think it looks great!!! I love all the options!!
Once this gets going I think this will be the best site you have had so far. From where it all started to this, it just keeps getting better. Keep up the great work and I look forward to coming on this site even more than before.

Thanks,
Scott Cook

Old 02-04-2002, 01:10 PM   #8
Neil Gubitz
Rich...Keep your shirt on...it looks GREAT!! I'm SURE I'll figure it out in time, but...I just can't read ANYTHING in the little blue boxes, so I CAN'T experiment....if you can....TRY making the boxes YELLOW with BLACK type and NOT "box" letters....just a thought ....Neil

Old 02-04-2002, 07:03 PM   #9
Bobby Douglass
I think everything looks great. I know I couldn't even begin to put anything like this together. Neil, the blue boxes are perfectly clear to me. Maybe you just need to adjust the color on your monitor a bit. Thanks webslave.

Bobby Douglass

Old 02-05-2002, 08:56 PM   #10
Jan Orcutt
Looks good on my screen, too! spam_There sure are a lot of choices to learn but it should be fun! spam_I'm going to try putting a URL below. spam_Hope it works.

Jan
My photo albums

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!