inquiry on "the reptile room" - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-08-2004, 09:36 PM   #1
Linda
Question inquiry on "the reptile room"

Just wondered if anyone has had any dealing with them? Not sure where they are located, the owner(?) is Daniel Ranes, any info will be helpful, THANKS!!!!!

Old 06-08-2004, 09:41 PM   #2
Gary O
Thanks for putting a name with this.

To let everyone know this is not me. I had a run in with this person but it was resolved. If you have seen his ads you know why I had a run in. But like I said it has been resolved and he now puts his name on his ads.

Thanks.

Old 06-08-2004, 09:57 PM   #3
Gary O
Other then that I have never heard of this person. He told me in emails he has owned the name The Reptile Room for 15 years and 4 plus on KS. The name though was just registered Feb of this year. He also told me sense I did not know him I must be new to the hobby........................

If you would like the emails posted I will. I am not sure how much help they will be with your inquiry but there is a reason why I will not do business with this perso.

Old 06-08-2004, 10:20 PM   #4
Gregg M
He is a venomoid dealer...... If you care anything about this hobby you should find a dealer that does not sell voids....... This ofcorse is just my opinion......
A void dealer is a bad dealer.......

Old 06-08-2004, 10:40 PM   #5
bcfos
He sales voids, that alone should give you a hint about this profit minded character. No respect for the hobby just for profits at any cost.

Just my personal rant as I have never heard anything positive nor negative about him. Only thing i know is the run in Gary had with him over the name thing.

Old 06-08-2004, 11:13 PM   #6
Linda
Talking

Not looking to purchase a void, he has a dwarf red tail listed on KS that I was looking at, he says its 6 years old and 3 foot long, I want a boa, but nothing as big as a redtail, and was seeing if anyone has dealt with him, so I would know what to expect, or if the snake is really a dwarf, or just a young snake, THANKS FOR ALL REPLIES, Linda.

Old 06-09-2004, 12:10 AM   #7
Wilomn
Young or stunted. I have heard of no dwarf species of redtails.

There are a few of the central american ones that stay fairly small and the hogg island ones as well.

Do a lot of research on this particular snake before you buy it. You might want to check out pete kahls site or brian sharps or some of the other big breeders and see if they have something new or some information.

You might even find a snake you like from someone you could trust.

Old 07-14-2004, 08:55 PM   #8
nvnm8
he will over charge you and send you a sick animal. I've personally seen the pet store he lost, and the other areas where he has kept reptiles all are substandard. I've rescued several animals from his care. do your research and find an animal from a reputable dealer, one that guarantees their animals. I was told that at one time he was banned from Kingsnake but I'm not sure of the validity in that.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!