Vision Cages - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 05-08-2004, 01:33 PM   #1
David R.
Vision Cages

For those of you who own and use Vision Cages for Burmese Pythons, how do you increase and/or maintain the higher humidity required for Burmese? I have taped over all vents and am using a large water bowl. Any suggestions???

I'm aware of the other brands of cages that hold humidity better than the Visions and do indeed use them for my smaller Burmese with no problems. I simply can't afford to trash a perfectly good 6' Vision cage, if this issue can be solved somehow. On the other hand, the Burmese that I maintain in this Vision has now had two RI infections, and I'm pretty sure its due to low humidity. The temps are kept where they should be.

Please help!!!

Thank you.

David Rivers

Old 05-08-2004, 02:34 PM   #2
kavmon
humidity

this may sound too simple but get a humidifier big enough for the area or room the snakes are in and humidify the entire room.
if the humidity is higher for the entire room when you mist the tanks they will lose less moisture. just a basic humidifier like the ones at walmart or lowes will work, unless the room is really big
like over 500 sq. ft. hope this helps!

Old 05-08-2004, 03:09 PM   #3
David Boggs
Humidity

Try using a cat litter pan or similar sized container and wetting spagnum moss for the inside. Use a loose cover with an opening big enough for the snake to crawl in. I use this method for my Brazilian Rainbows and they do very well. It allows an area of higher humidity without elevating the humidity of the whole room. If you want the entire room the be more humid then the inexpensive room humidifier is the way to go. Hope this helps. David

Old 05-08-2004, 07:41 PM   #4
SERPENTS DEN
Re: Vision Cages

Quote:
Originally posted by David R.
On the other hand, the Burmese that I maintain in this Vision has now had two RI infections, and I'm pretty sure its due to low humidity. The temps are kept where they should be.

Please help!!!

Thank you.

David Rivers
Many Burmese Pythons are susceptible to chronic RI and once they get one RI it’s almost impossible to kick it out of there system without it recurring.

Old 05-12-2004, 01:27 AM   #5
pinhed
what kind of substrate are you using? Iuse some jungle earth stuff(microwaved before i put it in) which keeps the humidity up pretty good. But if i want to boost it up alot i take the wood jungle gym out and soak it in some HOT water and put it back in the cage and humidity jumps up for at least a day.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!