Strictly Reptiles???????? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-20-2002, 03:03 PM   #1
April Bowen
anyone know if there reputable or not, i've remeber reading there from a few years ago getting cuaght smuggeling animals but how are they now? Anyone dealt with them?

April

Old 07-20-2002, 08:11 PM   #2
Tony
I have done business with strictly reptiles several times. I would not reccomend them. I recieved a baby white throat monitor that had a severe case of metabolic bone disease. They issued me a credit for it on my next order. On my next shipment I ordered 12 baby colombian boas. They told me the total on the shipment of 12, so I could have a money order for UPS. They ran short on the boas and never told me, so when UPS came they would not except the money order because it was for the wrong amount. I had to go get a new money order and turn away UPS until later that day. When I finally recieved the boas I found out that I was charged for 8, but only recieved 7 of them. When I called them, they said I could have credit again. I was very disapointed that they would not send me back my money for a boa that I never recieved. Within the next week 5 of the 7 boas I recieved all died. I called them and said I wanted my money back on the boa they shorted me, and that I would take the loss on the ones that died. They told me that they would not send me money for the boa that was shorted only credit on my next order. And as far as the ones that died it is still my loss. So in all I paid for 8 boas, recieved 7, and ended up with 2. And realized that they are not a good company to do business with. I will never do business with them again.

Old 07-20-2002, 08:12 PM   #3
Tony
I am sorry I forgot to add my name to the previous post. Please do not delete it. I don't know how to add my name to it. Thanks.

Tony Alles

Old 07-20-2002, 09:15 PM   #4
Lucas Denning
To Strictly Reptiles, if they read this....  I am assuming that you guys have lost quite a few customers because of Tony's story.  I believe it to be completely true because I work and have worked in pet stores that have ordered from you and know of your guy's policy on stuff that you guys screw up.  I think that your policy of making someone order again from you to get thier money back for YOUR mistake is just completely ridiculous.  If YOU don't come through on your end of the deal, then YOU need to make it right.  If you shorted him a boa, then send the guy his money back!!!  It's your fault, not his.  

I guess my advice to the original inquiry is that ......you get what you pay for.  You don't pay much for Strictly....
Lucas Denning

Old 07-21-2002, 02:08 PM   #5
Blackwater Reptiles
My experience with Strictly Reptiles is different than the previous person's experience. I have bought animals from them four or five times in the past five years. I used direct questions when buying imported animals, as I have learned that if you don't ask the right questions, you may not get the answers you need to decide whether to buy or not. I also speak to the same person when I phone to order, so I have developed a (if limited) relationship with that voice on the phone. If you want first-rate animals with no health problems, then buy captive bred animals. If you're willing to deal with the problems associated with buying wild collected and imported animals, then buy from an importer. To me, it's that simple.
I have been buying all of my imported animals through Zoological Imports 2000 lately, and have been more than satisfied with the quality of the animals, the way I've been treated and the pricing structure.

Strictly has treated me just fine, but Mario at Zoological has treated me like a friend.

Tom T.

Old 07-22-2002, 10:19 AM   #6
Rob Hill/Geckos Anonymous
I have ordered from Strictly several times and never really had any problems.  The ONLY problem I had was on an order where they shorted me a couple of animals, but I was not charged for them, so it was no real loss(but I really DID want the animals.  
The animals are generally decent to good quality, but when dealing with mostly wild caught and imported animals, you have to expect the bad with the good.  
I have no problems ordering from them again.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!