Strictly Reptiles??? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-10-2005, 04:58 PM   #1
Jv4man1
Strictly Reptiles???

Anyone done business with Strictly Reptiles lately? I personally found them to be dishonest and have horrible customer service. Wouldn't recommed them to anyone.

Old 01-10-2005, 05:52 PM   #2
nicolai
sorry to hear about your experience with them..

I have bought a lot of reptiles off of them at various shows and always found them to be honest and helpful. They always gave me a good price when i would buy several animals and told me exactly what they were ( WC,CB,CH,CBB etc.).
I have never done business with them other then shows when it was face to face so maybe its different for you.
Just thought I would post about my experience with them.

Old 01-10-2005, 06:12 PM   #3
JDSReptilesINC
Living down in south florida for the past years, I have been to Strictly numerous times. Some animals due come in bad, but they deal largely with all imports. Their facility is kept in decent shape which is surprising for the mass quantities of animals they have in. I have got a few hots from them before and they all thrived really well. Strictly is a good place too go to cherry pick your own animals out

Old 01-10-2005, 06:48 PM   #4
cavu
Hi Jarrod

Exactly what did they do to earn your disfavor?

Old 01-10-2005, 08:37 PM   #5
Earl H. Turner
Thumbs down Strictly or Stricty Reptiles----same quality

I received several W.African Gaboons and Rhino Vipers some time back.... these were all juveniles and were "feeding" according to "Mike -the screamer" ! To make a story short, one Rhino Viper was convulsing at the airport and died within 30 minutes after receipt. All of the remaining snakes died within 5 days. When I called , I got Hollaring Mike--the snakes were in perfect condition---yea-mas BS. To this day, I received credit which I will never use---why throw good money after bad----I even talked with the venomous snake man at Strictly--Art Bass--he said the snakes were sick when they received them and died like flies....so much about honesty, quality and other bullsh-t associated w/Mikie !!!! Be careful Jarrod, your gonna get the chorizo !! Adios, E. Turner

Old 01-10-2005, 08:58 PM   #6
nicolai
Earl H. Turner i donr understand...

you say:

I received credit which I will never use---why throw good money after bad-

So they gave you credit for the snaked that died..So why would you be throwing good money after bad when you would be using the credit they gave you, why not use the credit and give them a second chance. Whats the worse that can happen? You wouldnt be out any money..you might get some snakes you need, you might find out they arent that bad after all.
That doesnt forgive the screaming and hollaring that you said he did at you though. Good customer service is a prerequisite for running a good business and keeping customers.

Old 01-10-2005, 11:59 PM   #7
John316
My husband and I ordered a Red Foot Tortoise from them back in the Spring.
Since they could not send pics of the animal my husband asked for an accurate description from the young lady he was speaking to. He was told that overall it looked good with the exception of two small indentations on the rear of the carapace. Being satisfied with the description, the animal was paid for and received the following day.
Upon opening the box we discovered that the two "small indentations" were in fact two very deep puncture wounds complete with deep gouges starting from the vertebral scutes all the way down to the margin of the carapace on both sides! The animal was shipped inside a NASTY snake bag with no padding other than the Styro box itself.
We emailed them immediately to tell them we were dissatisfied with the packaging and condition of the animal to see what could be done to remedy the situation. The only reply received was "Sorry you don't like it"! After multiple ignored emails and phone calls We simply gave up and decided to add them to the list of dealers never to buy from again.

Old 01-11-2005, 04:18 AM   #8
Chris@TSE
We've purchased from Strictly on a few occasions and have yet to run into any problems, all specimens purchased were in top condition and any mishaps were always remedied VERY quickly with replacement\credit. We probably purchase from them once a month, if that, depending on pricing and if they have specimens we're looking to obtain.

Thier pricing is good and over the past couple years we've probably had maybe one or two issues with imported specimens which was QUICKLY resolved to our satisfaction. Nothing that we could say was "their fault". When dealing with imports, things happen. Every now and then you may run into a sick import or two, its quite common with dealers and suppliers who work with the mass quantities Strictly does. To be honest we've had more issues with wholesalers that we've purchased less from if that gives you an idea....

All in all we've been quite pleased with what we've recieved from Strictly in the past, and would have no problem ordering from them again in the future if they had something we needed. We still order from them to this very day when we run accross any "deals" or specimens we cannot obtain from our normal sources.

I've dealt with Mike and Jeanne specifically, I cannot speak for anyone else there.

Old 01-11-2005, 11:23 AM   #9
Earl H. Turner
Question Nicolai---comprendo DINERO !!

"Throwing good money after bad"---I will make this short: I live 172 miles from the nearest airport--shipping costs a minimum of $70 + dollars--time is worth something and gas is rather expensive-----and this with the chance of receiving more sick specimens----NO WAY JOSE !!!! Secondly, who in their right mind wants to listen to their BULLSH-T and Moronic Mike and his tantrums on the phone ???? I guess prison didn't help him ---- Strictly cannot import--they use another person's import permit ---- smuggling will sure get you in trouble !!! E.Turner

Old 01-11-2005, 11:24 AM   #10
TripleMoonsExotic
I've had a 50/50 with the animals I've received from Strictly. Over a year ago I ordered a few things including 3 FEMALE baby ball pythons...They sent me 3 MALES...which they thought they could pull a fast one over me...Telling me that their workers looked them over and said they were female (no probing or popping...just by "looking"). I fought with them for a week before they sent me another pair (1.1). I gave up and kept the single female and sold off the 4 males that I did not want. I also had ordered a female Central American Boa (who in fact was female) that had a bactrial infection in her brain that caused her to have IBD symptoms (everything's cleared up now with my wonderful vets treatment). The other 10 or so animals I had ordered from them I was completely happy with. It's a hit or miss I guess...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!