Why I hate the press. - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 06-29-2005, 01:53 PM   #11
Rebel Dragons
Small, closed minds such as yours are far more more dangerous to people than that snake.

I would venture to say good parenting and common sense got those kids out of harms way. Not an epidemic of rattler attacks in that area.....................

Vince, it's better to be to thought an idiot. Than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Oops...............Too late.

Old 06-29-2005, 01:56 PM   #12
Vince
You are the close minded one.
The snake was a threat. why not attack rattle snake round ups, not someone protecting their family.

resorting to name calling is pathetic. Everyone is so negitive, the snake died but no one got hurt. One or both of those kids could have been killed by this snake.

Old 06-29-2005, 02:00 PM   #13
Rebel Dragons
You know I lived in Florida for 13 years. In that 13 years I could not tell you how many times we had a gator in our pool. Or how many times a rattler or a coral was sunning itself in our driveway. There are many other means to remove animals to a safe location without having to kill it. (Check your local phone book!!!)

That gator could have killed any number of children happening to walk by the pool. We should have killed it instantly right?

C'mon............................

Old 06-29-2005, 02:04 PM   #14
Jim O
Vince, that snake was no longer a threat to those children once they were in the house. It could have been safely relocated by the authorities and allowed to live.

I carry a gun most days. Therefore, technically, I could kill anyone that I encounter. Does that entitle anyone to kill me because they feel they are threatened? Your dog could break free of its leash and maul a child. Should people go around killing leashed dogs?

Sit down and think (ASSuming you actually have a brain having made the comments that you did) about what you just said. That rattlesnake was just being what it is.

Vince, as Mike said...you have removed all doubt.

Old 06-29-2005, 02:04 PM   #15
ecmorrell
Killing animals rather than teaching kids to be careful is stupid. That rattler was probably a threat to no one- I imagine it was several feet away when the girl saw it. The easiest way not to get bitten is to not try to pick a snake up!

Old 06-29-2005, 02:05 PM   #16
Vince
don't be so quick to pass judgement on me. In Florida we are all very aware of local dangerous wild life and have professionals a phone call away. You must not be aware that nuisance gator's are killed. but who knows the situation where this all took place.

Old 06-29-2005, 02:09 PM   #17
Vince
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim O
Vince, that snake was no longer a threat to those children once they were in the house. It could have been safely relocated by the authorities and allowed to live.

I carry a gun most days. Therefore, technically, I could kill anyone that I encounter. Does that entitle anyone to kill me because they feel they are threatened? Your dog could break free of its leash and maul a child. Should people go around killing leashed dogs?

Sit down and think (ASSuming you actually have a brain having made the comments that you did) about what you just said. That rattlesnake was just being what it is.

Vince, as Mike said...you have removed all doubt.

another pathetic atempt to insult. grow up. I my self wouldnt kill a snake , gator or whatever. But I am not so closed minded like the rest of you that i can not see why some people would. Its a shame grown ups cant have a disscusion with out slinging insults.

Old 06-29-2005, 02:12 PM   #18
Jim O
Vince,

If it was an attempt to insult it might even be pathetic. You're doing a good enough job on yourself as it is. Please keep it up, you'll just prove the point.

Old 06-29-2005, 02:14 PM   #19
Vince
what , that your argument is so weak you have to resort to name calling, yes point proven.

Old 06-29-2005, 02:17 PM   #20
Jim O
I don't battle wits with unarmed opponents so Vince, I will leave you to blather on. If you need a shovel to dig that hole that you are in a bit deeper just holler on up to the rest of us.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!