Strictly Reptiles inc. (Inquiry) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-27-2007, 12:16 AM   #1
CDAreptiles
Strictly Reptiles inc. (Inquiry)

I am looking for a new supplier of wholesale animals for my business. I am considering purchasing from Strictly Reptiles inc. located in Florida. Are they a reliable source of high quality animals?

Any information iwill be extremely helpful and strongly appreciated. Suggestions about other reliable wholesale companies are also highly appreciated!

Thanks,
CDAreptiles

Old 05-27-2007, 02:29 AM   #2
cbcreations
Strictly Reptile

I have dealt with strictlys for abotu 10 years, may be more, and they are one of the few wholesalers I trust anymore. You will probably find just as many people that dont like them, as the ones that do, Thats part of being a wholesaler, you cant make everybody happy all the time. I personally deal with jeanne, who has never steered me wrong. All the animals I recieve from them are top notch, and if something does not look good, she always calls and lets me now before shipping. I have spent lots of money with them over years and will continue to do so, I have never had any regrets dealing with thme. Just keep in mind one thing a lot of people forget, they are a wholesaler, not a breeder. Good luck

Old 05-27-2007, 06:20 AM   #3
hhmoore
I'll preface this by saying I haven't dealt with them directly in about 10 years, but I've gotten great stuff from Strictly's...and I have gotten absolute crap (as well as a lot of stuff in between). We used them intermittently for the shop - not our main supplier, but if they had things we wanted for ourselves we usually did a shop order at the same time. Overall, the quality for petstore type animals was ok - as long as you realize that some things may require a bit of time/effort to get them sale-worthy. For personal animals, I have a friend in the business that hand picked what I wanted when he made his trip over (my satisfaction rate went WAAY up after that, lol).
I would say that if you are going to be a regular account, and deal consistently with the same person, you should do ok.

Old 06-01-2007, 11:47 AM   #4
yoyoing
I am in the camp that does not appreciate Strictly Reptiles. I bought one snake; once (Uracoan Rattlesnake). The animal regurged every meal from day one. An expensive vet visit revealed nothing, and I cut my losses by not getting a necropsy, since my collection was not in danger. The problem was the response from Strictly. They basically just did not care and assumed I was at fault. Not even an offer of a future discount. Their loss as I have since spent thousands of dollars elsewhere. I have seen lots of species I would like on their list and they are an easy drive for me. Oh well.

Old 06-01-2007, 03:26 PM   #5
hhmoore
how long after purchase did you contact them, though?

Old 06-01-2007, 03:35 PM   #6
yoyoing
Don't recall. This was about a year ago. I do remember this never came up as an issue. Rather they just insisted the sale was final, without disputing that they may have sold a sick animal. Like I said, just a bad vibe from them for the "little guy". They may very well treat others better. I will just continue with my personal statement of not using them. This is actually an inconvenience for me.

Old 06-01-2007, 03:41 PM   #7
Karma Kritters
I have recently purchased from them. This was the first time in 4 years that I had tried them due to the poor quality of the animals I recieved the last time. I must say I was more than disapointed when I unpacked the animals to find missing animals babys when I payed for adults and some were just severly dehydrated. When I talked to Ray Jr. om the phone I explained to him the situation as to why I had stopped oredering from them. I also explained I was going to give them another try but needed quality animals as we are a reptile and amphibian specialty store we have to have the best quality possable. I was assured that I would get just that.
Well when the package came in I called them right away. I had ordered adult female kings for a customer. They charged me for adults and sent me babys. The problem was I did not need babys. My customer had ordered adults for breeding purposes. They did offer me a credit for the missing animals however. Doubt I will ever use it unless I can make the time to drive down as I don't trust them to send me the correct animals. I beleive if you have the time to go handpick go for it. If you have to get them shipped I would avoid them try somewhere else.

Old 06-01-2007, 05:03 PM   #8
Gary O
I have Dealt with them. And I will say the quality of the animals is not up there with some other Wholesalers.

Me personally I like Extreme Reptiles. They have never sent me a sick animal. If the animal was not good enough to sell they just did not ship it and did not charge me. Alfredo is the best IMO.

I still look at other wholesalers list though and may try others. But Strickly is one of the last on my list. Sorry to say.

Old 06-01-2007, 05:11 PM   #9
GBFINC
I live close to their facility and i would get reptiles from them from time to time. I was never really impressed with anything. I do remember lots of dead and dying reptiles in garbage cans and on the cage floors. I also breed rodents and was extremely overloaded one time so i contacting all the local reptile stores and offered them very cheap prices just to get down to normal numbers.I got rid of all my surplus rodents in about a week and then Mike Norstrand contacted me.I let him know i had gotten rid of all the surplus and he started to send me threatening emails. Anyway he lost me as a customer because of his behavior and since then i have spent a bundle elsewhere-Mike is well known for acting like an idiot and screaming a lot.

Old 06-02-2007, 08:44 AM   #10
CJReptiles
Let me start by saying Ray Sr. is a good friend of mine.. I get only quality animals from him. But let me also say that I personally HAND PICK everything that I buy weekly.I spend allot of $$ in there weekly and have never been mistreated.. I do not get everything from him, I also use Glades Herp, Silver City, here in Florida. I also use a few guys out of Texas and California.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!