Comic Relief for Horse People - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Just For Laughs

Notices

Just For Laughs The SOLE purpose of this forum is to put a smile on the face of a person reading the messages. Anything of a SERIOUS nature will either be deleted or moved out of here.

Old 10-22-2009, 05:13 PM   #1
timebider
Comic Relief for Horse People

I wanted to cry for the poor horse, but I was laughing so hard I almost peed myself. Make sure to catch the doozy at the end! Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opMiCyoRzYM

Old 10-23-2009, 12:40 AM   #2
Artistry Exotics
Wow... As a horseperson or not, I really fail to find any humor in this video. Riding a horse like that is cruel, IMO. I can't imagine how the poor horse put up with the rider slamming onto his back after every jump. I'm surprised the horse only refused once, and that the rider didn't get thrown.

Old 10-23-2009, 12:06 PM   #3
Shadera
I see a good pony and a horrible rider, but no humor.

Old 10-23-2009, 02:55 PM   #4
timebider
OK, here's the back story. The rider is actually a polo player, and was on that course and horse as a dare of sorts. Kind of like, "Oh yeah, I can do that, give me a horse and I'll show you." His "chair seat" equitation and method of driving the horse forward effectively also indicate a very skilled polo player.

While he certainly has no finesse or clue about how to ride a jump, he definitely knows how to ride on the flat. How many of us could regain a loose stirrup, at speed no less, so effortlessly and consistently? Also, he didn't catch the horse in the mouth at all, in spite of those hard-looking landings; he appeared to be using his hands to brace himself on the horse's neck on the way down. With respect to being abusive, I've seen much worse at supposedly high-level shows I've attended.

The fact that the rider didn't end up eating dirt on that course proves he has plenty of balance in (and above) the saddle. How many of us could stay on after doing a version of equine motocross freestyle like that?

If you can read Spanish, you'll know that the disclaimer states the horse was left with mild back pain, which further comments indicate was relieved by chiropractic and massage. He was fine for jumping - with his regular rider - the next day.

Did you ever grab a horse's mouth while learning to balance, or land hard on one's back while learning to jump? Everyone has. Does that make us all cruel? Long story short - yeah, the horse was ill-used, but no less and CERTAINLY no more than, say, cutting and roping horses that have to stop on a dime and have chronic hock issues, dressage horses with back problems, CT horses that fall in the elephant trap, school horses ridden several times a day by rank beginners, and so on and on. If you can't see even a tiny little bit of humor in that guy's aerobatics...well, I don't know what to tell you. But one thing's for sure, I'm not going to argue about it.

Old 10-23-2009, 03:30 PM   #5
Mistyck
I find no humor in the video. I used to ride for about 18 years. This video is just cruel and stupid.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!