New Years Resolution - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Just For Laughs

Notices

Just For Laughs The SOLE purpose of this forum is to put a smile on the face of a person reading the messages. Anything of a SERIOUS nature will either be deleted or moved out of here.

Old 01-05-2010, 12:50 AM   #11
Twizted Paths
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamanthaJane13 View Post
LOL-I don't do my own racks...I garbage pick them. Found an excellent 6 shelfer (Coppertone product rack) over the summer that's going to be perfect for sterilite hatchling shoe boxes. And I salvage leaker tanks from multiple pet shops when I can get them. I am putting shelves into a closet for the tanks, though.
Schematics, you're a rack builder in denial. Frankensteining pre-existing objects into a racks counts

You can join the self help group here, though really we're too busy giving tips on how to do it to talk about not doing it....

Old 01-05-2010, 01:19 PM   #12
SamanthaJane13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twizted Paths View Post
Schematics, you're a rack builder in denial. Frankensteining pre-existing objects into a racks counts

You can join the self help group here, though really we're too busy giving tips on how to do it to talk about not doing it....
As far as putting shelves into the closet, it's pretty deep, but real narrow, and there's no door to the thing-just a pipe rack for hangers and a top shelf, so I popped the pipe out and will add 4 more shelves.

As for the garbage picked store rack, I'm just spray painting the existing shelves to get rid of the Coppertone logo and make it terracotta colored to match the look in the room.

No real frankensteining, though. A shelving rack is a shelving rack...

And it's REALLY nice heavy-grade plastic with wide tubular-type wheels!! (Gotta spray-paint them, too. They're monkey-chit yellow...)

I wish the other 5 matching racks had been dis-assembled...I would have grabbed all of them. But they didn't fit into my van, and there were other people scarfing them up.

When I went back after I dropped the big one off to my mom's garage, they were all gone.

Maybe I am a bit of a DIY girl...but when there's not a guy around to do the work...YA LEARN!!

Love my power tools...

Are there weekly meetings for the self-help group?? Is it a 12-Step program?? Where do I sign up??

Old 01-05-2010, 03:24 PM   #13
Twizted Paths
Quote:
Maybe I am a bit of a DIY girl...but when there's not a guy around to do the work...YA LEARN!!

Love my power tools...

Are there weekly meetings for the self-help group?? Is it a 12-Step program?? Where do I sign up??
I rest my case

The group is located here

It's conveniently 24/7/365 (except on leap year when it's 24/7/366) to fit all our whacked out schedules and any non medical emergency cases.
Please be sure you have no wet/uncured adhesives on your hands before logging in.
It's advanced enough for the hardcore addict while also serving as a gateway for the newbies

As for the power tools, OMG Yes! I had to do without them for a few months and it was horrible, simply horrible.

I can't have spray paint, I'm prone to having a bit to much fun with it.

Old 01-05-2010, 06:17 PM   #14
SamanthaJane13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twizted Paths View Post
I rest my case

The group is located here

It's conveniently 24/7/365 (except on leap year when it's 24/7/366) to fit all our whacked out schedules and any non medical emergency cases.
Please be sure you have no wet/uncured adhesives on your hands before logging in.
It's advanced enough for the hardcore addict while also serving as a gateway for the newbies

As for the power tools, OMG Yes! I had to do without them for a few months and it was horrible, simply horrible.

I can't have spray paint, I'm prone to having a bit to much fun with it.

Soldering irons, and drills, and power saws-OH MY!!!-Dorothy of Kansas & Oz-after her divorce.

I hear ya about the spray paint-I'm even spraying ALL my aluminum office organizing gear in terracotta or beige, then stenciling geckos on and painting them up in multicolors!!!

SQUEEEEEE!!!!

And I'm the Queen of wall-paper and contact paper use!!!

I cover cardboard containers that have plastic lids...to make matching storage containers for small office crap...staples, rubber bands, extra pens, markers, etc. I label the top of the cap with the contents.

I did a whole set of 8 in various sizes-from one cup size up to half gallon size-in a Native American wallpaper border print.

My DIY work has replaced sex...but it's soooo much fun and the end results usually lasts longer than most relationships!!

Old 01-05-2010, 06:30 PM   #15
Twizted Paths
Quote:

My DIY work has replaced sex...but it's soooo much fun and the end results usually lasts longer than most relationships!!

Sad, but true

Since I'm stuck up here now I'm going to start getting this place together come spring.

Pity my silly landlord who said I could do what I wanted

Old 01-05-2010, 06:44 PM   #16
SamanthaJane13
Yeah-my landlord doesn't give a damn what happens here as long as I pay the rent and the place isn't burned down, blown up, painted black or red from ceiling to floor or have walls taken out.

I've been here for 16 years. They know I'm not gonna ghetto the place out.

And the closet shelves will all be removable. Just lift the shelves, remove the 1 x 1 braces, and spackle the holes.

Old 01-05-2010, 07:42 PM   #17
Twizted Paths
Quote:
Yeah-my landlord doesn't give a damn what happens here as long as I pay the rent and the place isn't burned down, blown up, painted black or red from ceiling to floor or have walls taken out.
Pffft, I don't have such stifling restrictions.

When I borrowed his sledge & asked if his insurance was up to date he just said Yes & hurried away

He did call later to tell me I couldn't expand into the neighboring units though

I don't think that's very fair personally.

Old 01-05-2010, 08:07 PM   #18
SamanthaJane13
That's just WRONG!!!

If the neighbors don't want to share space, DRIVE 'EM OUT!!!!

Old 01-05-2010, 08:25 PM   #19
Twizted Paths
I am thinking of an outside photo shoot when it warms up, sunlight shows off snakes' colors so much nicer (I need an innocent angel smiley here)

Old 01-05-2010, 10:38 PM   #20
SamanthaJane13
Whoops!!

Wrong thread-hee hee.

Here's your angel!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!