Bad Guy Manny Frade of Prefect Predators - Page 21 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-21-2013, 07:50 PM   #201
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoReptiliac View Post
As a photographer I can say that lighting, cameras and temps have a lot to do with how a snake looks in a photo. You cant honestly say that just cause a snake's orange shows up more in one pic then the other means that its photoshopped.
What I feel like one can honestly say about the situation is that it shows a disregard for accurately representing a major selling point: color intensity. In this thread alone, we have two examples of PP sending out a snake that wasn't nearly as attractive as the photos made it appear. I'm not so sure that the misrepresentations amount to honest mistakes, but either way, the onus is on the seller to provide pictures that realistically display a given animal's coloration. An ad shouldn't be a "Glamour Shots" photo session. It should do its best to depict exactly what you're going to receive if you purchase the listed animal.

Old 01-21-2013, 07:56 PM   #202
NeoReptiliac
What you fail to realize however, is that an animal's appearance can change depending on the lighting in a room and how its cared for. Especially when it comes to reptiles. Warm lighting with warm colors in the background can make anything's colors saturate. If a white light (natural lighting) which usually gives off a blue color is used, on dull gray backgrounds then the object's color will look duller. As far as how a snake's color actually changing.. stress, age and ambient temps can actually make a reptile's colors dull and change. If you don't understand it now after all that explaining I've just done then you'll never get it.

Old 01-21-2013, 07:57 PM   #203
meowmeowkazoo
Quote:
As a photographer I can say that lighting, cameras and temps have a lot to do with how a snake looks in a photo. You cant honestly say that just cause a snake's orange shows up more in one pic then the other means that its photoshopped.
Based on what I've seen, I've come to the conclusion that he likely uses a type of light that is orange or reddish in color, which causes both the snakes and the background to appear tinted.

Regardless of the methods he is using, it's still dishonest. As Dan said, these shouldn't be glamour shots, they should be accurate representations of the animals he is selling.

Old 01-21-2013, 08:00 PM   #204
NeoReptiliac
Well from your point of view you may feel mislead, however if this is how he sees the snakes as every day, then to him this is how they look. Its not like he's looking at them in someone else's lighting. He runs a business with thousands of snakes that he must care for every single day. Taking a photo of a snake in its tub is hardly considered glamour shots. Its just pulling out the tub and taking the photo.

Old 01-21-2013, 08:02 PM   #205
meowmeowkazoo
Quote:
What you fail to realize however, is that an animal's appearance can change depending on the lighting in a room and how its cared for. Especially when it comes to reptiles. Warm lighting with warm colors in the background can make anything's colors saturate. If a white light (natural lighting) which usually gives off a blue color is used, on dull gray backgrounds then the object's color will look duller. As far as how a snake's color actually changing.. stress, age and ambient temps can actually make a reptile's colors dull and change. If you don't understand it now after all that explaining I've just done then you'll never get it.
What YOU seem incapable of understanding is that regardless of the method, these photographs are not honest representations of the animals he is selling. Saying that he's only in the wrong if he uses photoshop is absolutely ridiculous.

Old 01-21-2013, 08:04 PM   #206
NeoReptiliac
Quote:
Originally Posted by meowmeowkazoo View Post
What YOU seem incapable of understanding is that regardless of the method, these photographs are not honest representations of the animals he is selling. Saying that he's only in the wrong if he uses photoshop is absolutely ridiculous.
It is what it is, if it goes over your head that's not my problem. I can only explain, I cant make you understand.

Old 01-21-2013, 08:08 PM   #207
meowmeowkazoo
Quote:
It is what it is, if it goes over your head that's not my problem. I can only explain, I cant make you understand.
I'm sorry, what's going over my head?

Manny just can't help what conditions he's photographing his animals in?

It's not his fault that the photographs appear so much more vivid than the actual animals?

Forgive me, I had no idea that cameras were still considered a supernatural phenomenon that mere mortals have no chance of understanding nor controlling.

Old 01-21-2013, 08:10 PM   #208
Fangthane
Quote:
If you don't understand it now after all that explaining I've just done then you'll never get it.
Yeah, it's just amazing that manny is the only one who can seem to get their colors to really pop out. He must be the only one properly keeping the boas. I'm sure it has nothing to do with a preset Photoshop profile that was previously pointed out in this thread. Also sure it has nothing to do with the fact that it financially benefits him to have the colors appear exceptionally bright. If you don't understand how misleading photographs amount to dishonest misrepresentation, even after all this explaining that several have done, then you simply don't want to get "get it".

Old 01-21-2013, 08:17 PM   #209
Lucille
How come the ads never end up with the drab snakes, which are actually astoundingly colorful when the box is opened after delivery? It seems as if it is always the other way around....

Old 01-21-2013, 08:20 PM   #210
meowmeowkazoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
How come the ads never end up with the drab snakes, which are actually astoundingly colorful when the box is opened after delivery? It seems as if it is always the other way around....
I know, what a coincidence. Manny must just have extraordinary luck with all of his photographs.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!