Bad Guy Manny Frade of Prefect Predators - Page 23 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-24-2013, 05:57 PM   #221
ShadowAceD
Yeah, that's a 500.00 boa for sure.

Old 01-24-2013, 11:13 PM   #222
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by meowmeowkazoo View Post
Holy cow, that is a RED boa. I had no idea from the other pictures.

I am glad Manny got him back to you.

Beautiful boy you have there my dear. Stunning!

Old 01-30-2013, 11:56 PM   #223
SapphireTigress
Quote:
perfectpredators

Name : Manuel J. Frade

Trader Rating: (1)
apex predator hey your trader rating fits you youre a big zero thats not an oxymoron thats spot on...never done a deal in your life have you?...thats right you have no life- i keep forgetting...LOL!! Apex Predator- Sad Joke.
I didnt even make it past page 5 of this thread, but Manny, I just want you to know that that post right there(quoted above) made my months of stalking your beautiful boas on your site in my excitement of buying from you, a new breeder to me, COMPLETELY worthless. You are one of the most immature people I have ever seen, and I dont even care which one of you two on this thread is right!

I will now never consider buying from you even though your animals are pretty and look healthy. There are so many more reputable polite breeders in the sea.

Thanks OP for this thread, because now I have seen what his character is like through his own posts and words.

Old 01-31-2013, 02:35 AM   #224
KORBIN5895
Well Alyssa you should keep reading. I am sure you will find his photo shopped pictures very interesting.

Old 01-31-2013, 08:42 AM   #225
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphireTigress View Post
I didnt even make it past page 5 of this thread, but Manny, I just want you to know that that post right there(quoted above) made my months of stalking your beautiful boas on your site in my excitement of buying from you, a new breeder to me, COMPLETELY worthless. You are one of the most immature people I have ever seen, and I dont even care which one of you two on this thread is right!

I will now never consider buying from you even though your animals are pretty and look healthy. There are so many more reputable polite breeders in the sea.

Thanks OP for this thread, because now I have seen what his character is like through his own posts and words.
This is how I felt after I read this thread about PP: http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ighlight=manny

For me, it isn't just the quality of their animals, it is also the sellers behavior that I look at.

Old 01-31-2013, 10:29 AM   #226
ShadowAceD
Quote:
Originally Posted by KORBIN5895 View Post
Well Alyssa you should keep reading. I am sure you will find his photo shopped pictures very interesting.
There's no real evidence his photos are Photoshopped, I tried pointing that out before.

There is evidence that the red tint on most of the photos is part of one of the camera's auto functions and a filter in Photoshop that it is set up to automatically use. This does not mean there is no intent for manipulation in how the photos have been taken, it is likely just not someone sitting in Photoshop manipulating things.

Old 06-24-2013, 07:27 PM   #227
SapphireTigress
I finally had time to read the whole thread from start to finish. Jendee, I'm so happy you got your boa back! He's a pretty boy. I hate to say this, but I have to wonder if you ever would have gotten him back without this BOI thread.

There are filter settings in Photoshop, but any reputable breeder would see that the colors weren't right in the photo, and either edit it to FIX it like another mentioned, take a new picture, or remove the auto setting in the program. I've edited photos in GIMP (the free version of photoshop) to fix incorrect colors when I just cant get good lighting to retake the photos (I have a crappy camera), but even then I always mention when posting the photos that they were edited to correct color differences.

Old 06-24-2013, 08:18 PM   #228
Celtic Constrictors
Thank goodness for this thread. My wife has been hounding me to buy 1.1 Sunglows and I was stalking Manny's webpage just as you were, SapphireTigress.

I feel like I dodged a bullet.

+1 for BOI

Old 06-24-2013, 11:35 PM   #229
NeoReptiliac
Here's a female K. Albino I got from Manny 2 years ago. This photo is a few months old but its the most recent one I have of her on hand.
Attached Images

Old 07-30-2013, 01:39 PM   #230
meowmeowkazoo
I feel that I am morally obligated to update this thread.

The boa constrictor that I got from Manny that had a red-tinted photograph has grown into a beautiful animal. I feel that I've gotten more than my money's worth in this purchase, and that even had I paid full price for him it would have been a good purchase.

I do not stand to gain anything from posting this, and indeed I will probably lose some credibility with folks that don't like Perfect Predators.

Yes, I probably will purchase from Manny in the future. No, I do not expect to receive any special discounts or deals when I do. I am doing this purely because I am so happy with my snake, and feel that other people will probably also be happy with their purchases from him. And I feel it would be dishonest to leave the thread with the impression that I got a raw deal.

Yes, he should work on color-correcting his photographs to get rid of the red tint. Despite that, I feel that he is selling quality animals. He also did return the boa that he had taken on a breeding loan, and while I feel he could have handled that situation better, in the end I don't feel justified in referring to him as a bad guy.

Here are some pictures of the boa constrictor in question. All of mine were taken in natural light without flash. The first is from the Perfect Predators ad. The second is immediately after unboxing him. The third and fourth were taken yesterday. Viewers can decide for themselves, but I personally am pleased with my purchase.
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!