Bad Guy Manny Frade of Prefect Predators - Page 24 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-30-2013, 01:53 PM   #231
AlexBurgos
I'll admit I was a skeptic as well of Perfect Predators but since opening a facebook not long after this thread was started I've seen a ton of very happy people with some extremely pretty snakes from Manny. There may be some defects in his picture taking abilities but overall I have changed my mind from seeing all the beautiful boas being posted and reproduced from animals that came from him. Earlier in this thread I swayed away and was even a critic of his but now I'm seeing there are two sides to everything. He just didn't handle himself well when he lost control like he did in this thread, but I'm of the belief now he has sold very nice boas to many happy customers, at least on facebook anyway. He doesn't post at all in forums so FB is where I have been able to gauge his stock.

Old 03-19-2014, 11:27 AM   #232
Keith Northrop
"There may be some defects in his picture taking abilities" LOL.... What about the basics? Right from Wrong!

Old 03-19-2014, 03:02 PM   #233
SoCalAce
The lack of basic communication skills has more of an impact on my judgement than any part of the "story." This was painful to read. Pointing out that he has nice quality animals should not be the ending to this thread. Manny has made some terrible remarks in this thread. Regardless of whether or not he is a criminal, I would not do business with him for the remarks alone.

Old 03-19-2014, 03:15 PM   #234
meowmeowkazoo
I just don't know anymore. I've always had mixed feelings about this thread, and with the new situation that has showed up, I'm leaning more to the side of not recommending him or doing business with him again.

His snakes all seem healthy and good quality, but that doesn't do you much good if he delays shipping them and doesn't answer your phone calls or emails.

Customer service is lacking, communication is lacking. I should leave the rest of my comments for the other thread.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=459865

Old 03-28-2014, 03:15 PM   #235
allreptiles1966
Is this the Manny in the news for ripping off seniors ?

Old 03-28-2014, 04:19 PM   #236
chazzz
Yes

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/06/1...2-million.html
Attached Images

Old 03-28-2014, 08:39 PM   #237
GASH
Ok first let's all remember the charges are alleged.

That being said.. The Broward Sheriff Office and Florida Office of Financial Regulation probably don't make frivolous arrests after a "months long investigation"

I live in Miami and have met Manny at several local reptile shows over the past few years and he was at times polite and friendly, willing to talk boa genetics and other times he has had an "elitist" attitude. This is, in my opinion one of the biggest opportunities for our hobby, we all need to be more welcoming to people new to, or interested in the hobby. This will not only help our hobby grow but also helps in our legislative battles we have in many states. We all were at some point new to the hobby and someone helped you get started.

Manny is almost always on the cutting edge of the boa market.. his prices also reflect that (I've always wanted, but never have been able to afford, one of his nicer boas ) the PP VPI Aztecs/Hytecs are really nice and the raptors are cool. We have tried to hash out a price on a few snakes in the past but I haven't pulled the trigger.

No one likes to think about their parents or grandparents being taken advantage of by some sleazy conman. Using the elderly for personal gain is reprehensible on even basic human principals.

After reading some stuff on other sites about ppl dealing with him and having a bad experience, also reading some of his responses and his over all demeanor, it's off putting to say the least and he could do himself a favor by taking a different approach to his customer service and reputation in the online arena. He is know to be a part of several deals gone south for reasons including bounced checks and breeder loans gone bad. All the signs point to the old saying if it looks like a duck and it quacks...

It's sad to see another ANOTHER highly recognizable member of our hobby in some BIG TIME legal issues.

I wish Manny and his family the best as they go through this undoubtedly difficult time.

Old 03-29-2014, 07:56 AM   #238
allreptiles1966
Quote:
Originally Posted by GASH View Post
Ok first let's all remember the charges are alleged.

That being said.. The Broward Sheriff Office and Florida Office of Financial Regulation probably don't make frivolous arrests after a "months long investigation"

I live in Miami and have met Manny at several local reptile shows over the past few years and he was at times polite and friendly, willing to talk boa genetics and other times he has had an "elitist" attitude. This is, in my opinion one of the biggest opportunities for our hobby, we all need to be more welcoming to people new to, or interested in the hobby. This will not only help our hobby grow but also helps in our legislative battles we have in many states. We all were at some point new to the hobby and someone helped you get started.

Manny is almost always on the cutting edge of the boa market.. his prices also reflect that (I've always wanted, but never have been able to afford, one of his nicer boas ) the PP VPI Aztecs/Hytecs are really nice and the raptors are cool. We have tried to hash out a price on a few snakes in the past but I haven't pulled the trigger.

No one likes to think about their parents or grandparents being taken advantage of by some sleazy conman. Using the elderly for personal gain is reprehensible on even basic human principals.

After reading some stuff on other sites about ppl dealing with him and having a bad experience, also reading some of his responses and his over all demeanor, it's off putting to say the least and he could do himself a favor by taking a different approach to his customer service and reputation in the online arena. He is know to be a part of several deals gone south for reasons including bounced checks and breeder loans gone bad. All the signs point to the old saying if it looks like a duck and it quacks...

It's sad to see another ANOTHER highly recognizable member of our hobby in some BIG TIME legal issues.

I wish Manny and his family the best as they go through this undoubtedly difficult time.
You wish him luck? I wish him a hard time in the pen, If he robbed the old folks,or anyone for that fact. I feel for his family,only if they were unaware of his crooked dealings. If he built his company with hard earned money,good for him. But for some reason I don't think the $ were all legal.
I have no sympathy for him,he deserves all he gets. If this crime is true. And I believe it is.

Old 03-29-2014, 10:25 AM   #239
GASH
I try not to have ill will towards anyone, or wish bad upon them. Somehow things usually come full circle and people get what's coming to them, good or bad.

Old 03-29-2014, 02:37 PM   #240
HerpVenue
He tells others to take care of their responsibilities while he skirted his own. And now this?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!