Another FAKE pastel ad from Geni Mullins - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-26-2004, 04:14 PM   #31
ms_terese
Geni,

I'm not sure what your definition of "ugly and mean" is, but if there were people who were inappropriate to you via email, then you should be upset about that. However, before you make that determination, please understand that other breeders/sellers have every right to point out to you that you are misrepresenting an animal.

If you spent alot of time debating this purchase, you should have good records from the person you bought the animal from. Please contact them and ask them to come here and verify that the animal you have pictured was sold to you as a proven Pastel morph. Otherwise, you should at least name the breeder who sold this animal to you. If he sold it as a proven morph, you should probably get your money back, unless he can show some documentation.

If you are making a profit on it by selling it for $500, then I doubt seriously that it was represented as a proven morph. They simply don't sell for those prices.

There is a difference between Bob Clark telling you that this animal was a Pastel, and Bob Clark telling you that it isn't necessarily NOT a morph. However, I can't imagine Bob Clark (or ANY reputable breeder) looking at that particular animal, not knowing its history, and claiming it to be anything other than a normal in his opinion.

Geni, I'm sorry that personal circumstances have caused you to liquidate your collection. People here are not heartless; most of us have families as well, and we all know that with families sacrifice is sometimes necessary. Unfortunately, many people have also seen others use these types of situations to assist them in selling animals that are misrepresented. No, we're not heartless...but we are wary and we are cautious.

The animal you listed for sale has all the earmarks of fraud: an unheard of price, no verification of lineage, and a photo that does not back up the claimed morph.

I hope you can understand how some folks drew the conclusions that they drew.

Old 07-26-2004, 04:20 PM   #32
The Reptile House
Hay there

I caught myself and re-wrote another response no need to have called me that. So where is your reciept? Who was this breeder that you got this Ball from?

Shanell Sepulveda

Old 07-26-2004, 04:37 PM   #33
missbaby
I don't know who the breeder is. I do not have a receipt. I told yawl almost 2 yrs. ago I was at the show selling some of my snakes at a table with friends of mine from Big Cheese and I went looking around. I saw this snake and asked how much. When the guy told me 1700.00 I freaked out and asked why so much? He told me that it was a pastel ball python. Bob Clark did look at him and did say that just because he did not have the distinct pattern that his pastels have does not mean it's not a pastel. The guys name was Mike and he is an idividual breeder here in Texas. He also had a few burms and some king snakes. We traded him 2 albino burms, 1 albino retic, 2 blue spot timors, a 5ft surimane and 500.00 in cash. We had him business card and called him a couple of other times about more snakes like ours for friends of ours who wanted one. I don't know what happened to the card or the guy. I usually go to all of the shows and even if I am not selling something I try and talk to everyone. I usually buy something before I leave there and if I'm selling then I usually trade and buy before I leave. Not the last show but the show in May I traded almost all of my stuff and sold the rest. I came home with some great snakes and I bought my rainbow there. I would know the guys I bought the rainbow and the ball from if I saw them again. But I do not know where to find them. I saw the guy I got my rainbow from as Bonnie's last show. He asked how he was doing. I did not intend to sell any of my animals and I'm sorry that people purposly rip other people off but, I am not a rip off and do not like being accused of being a rip off. What else do you people want? I said I was sorry and I have posted that the snake is no longer for sale?

I'm sorry for spelling the word idiot, and I was not directing it to you but to everyone who continues to talk about me in general.

That's why I feel that SOME of the people on the site are heartless. Where I come from when someone says they are sorry, they are.

Old 07-26-2004, 04:57 PM   #34
ms_terese
I believe that show promoters keep meticulous records of who their vendors are; that becomes their business base. I believe that under the circumstances, you could ask for the vendor list from that show and it would be provided to you. That should help you narrow it down, and possibly jog your memory when you see the name again.

That's really the only way you're going to get some resolution and find out what the actual value is for your snake.

Thank you for taking the snake off the market until you know for certain what the animal is worth. It's a bitter pill to swallow, I'm sure.

Old 07-26-2004, 05:05 PM   #35
dayligon
Wow!

In 2002, you traded an albino retic and timors *plus* cash for a male "pastel jungle"? It sounds like Mike got more for that normal ball python than he ever could have dreamed. I'm sorry to hear you got taken for such a ride.

Incidentally, I haven't talked to Bob in a while and am probably just out of the loop, but when did he start hosting shows?

Old 07-26-2004, 05:06 PM   #36
SPJ
The reason people have been upset was because of people like Bearded Pets selling fake hets, Jason Campbell selling fake hets, and numerous other people who sell misrepresented animals, etc. Lately this has really gotten out of control.

The problem with people selling fake hets is that smaller breeders get hurt. No one will buy a het for a fair price because of the scammers which leaves the honest small breeder to have to take a huge loss. There have been a lot of pastels being advertised lately and they are really just pretty normals.

A pastel when bred to a normal will produce some pastel offspring. When 2 pastels are bred, they will produce supers. These are long term investments which is why the price is high.
On the other hand, a really pretty "pastelish" (and I hate using that term) BP bred to a normal will produce nothing but normals.

The person who ends up spending the large dollar amount on a fake pastel is now out the money and the time involved in raising and breeding the snake only to find out they now have $50 offspring.

A site like KS gets a lot of traffic and bogus ads are seen by a lot of people who in turn get wary of buying animals from people they have not heard of before.

I am sorry if you got ripped off by a bogus dealer who sold you that snake as a pastel. If I were you, I would find out who that person is, where they are located, and demand full compensation for the animals traded, the cash out of your pocket, and your time raising it for the past 2 years.

That is a lot of money to have been burned for and I am sure if you did some thinking and digging around for the card, you will find it and have a very strong case against that individual for fraud.

I hope you see why people get upset. You were sold a normal thinking is was a pastel. There are probably hundreds of other people out there in that same situation.

Wouldn't you have been happy to have been able to avoid being ripped off when you bought that snake? That is the purpose of this board and why people post. To prevent something like this from happening to anyone else.

Old 07-26-2004, 05:08 PM   #37
SPJ
Quote:
but when did he start hosting shows?
If I'm not mistaken Bob has been the promoter for different shows for a few years now. I think he recently hosted one with Mike Wilbanks.

Old 07-26-2004, 05:08 PM   #38
missbaby
He sponsors the shows he does not host them, but when he's sponsors the show it's called the Bob Clark Show. Or that's what we have always been told.

Old 07-26-2004, 05:12 PM   #39
Rob @ RK Reptiles
Quote:
Originally posted by missbaby
We traded him 2 albino burms, 1 albino retic, 2 blue spot timors, a 5ft surimane and 500.00 in cash.

OK lets all get this straight from what you just posted. You traded animals (from minimum values 2 years ago that I remember) 2 Albino Burms $150-$200, 1 Albino Retic $2000.00+( I remember them being alot more than this though), 2 Blue Spot Timors $150-$200, 5 ft Suriname $100-$200, and $500 Cash. A total value of $2900-$3100 for that snake? Hmmmm anyone else think that is a little more suspicious. Even 2 years ago people that deal with Pastel can tell by looking at them (specially in person) if an animal is a pastel or not.

Old 07-26-2004, 05:13 PM   #40
ms_terese
Whomever took the money from the vendors is the person to contact to get the list of exhibitors. Keep us posted.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!