Another FAKE pastel ad from Geni Mullins - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-26-2004, 09:41 PM   #51
Python Dreams
"I just hand picked about 35 baby balls, and several of them are what I will sell as "pastel." "

Who knows if you ever ended up selling your normals, but this quote is from you. I think you posted your pics after stating you would sell them as Pastels. Also Pastel males are listed at anywhere from $750 to $1250, only the females are generally marked from $1500 and up, unless your talking about stonewashed, lemons, or blondes. So actually $500 is not that far off. Wow, you could sell just half your collection and you will have more than I ever have? Cool, you must have quite a collection. Do they all have near morph names, or just the pastels? You'll never see someone who actually owns a "Pastel Jungle" or "Pastel" selling a light colored normal as a "Pastel". So keep up your work and someday maybe more people can get ripped off. Way to go Brian.
Tom Baker

Old 07-26-2004, 11:05 PM   #52
NEWReptiles
BLAH BLAH BLAH........

So you traded about $3500 worth of animals for one that was selling for less than half that. YEA RIGHT.

This is another load just like the Cantsbell, CMG, TRUNK, and all the other jackasses who were not taught how to be HONEST spit out on a daily basis.

The animal WAS NOT sold as a pastel, its clear to see, at least to me. They tried to sell it off and make a quick buck by placing a dishonest ad, got busted, make excuses.

Another thing, you don't remember the seller after you gave him a bunch of animals AND money? Your full of <font color=red>[**censored**]</font>.

Old 07-27-2004, 12:43 AM   #53
TheVipersHouse
Quote" Another thing, you don't remember the seller after you gave him a bunch of animals AND money? Your full of [**censored**]. "END QUOTE

HERE HERE !!!!!!!!! I 2ND THAT AND 3RD THAT MOTION AS WELL
CAUSE THATS ABOUT THE TRUTH OF IT ALL

IM SORRY IF YOUR HAVING FAMILY ISSUES , REALLY ,U HAVE MY SYMPATHIES BUT PLEASE DONT USE IT AS AN EXCUSE TO GET OUT OF WHAT U WERE TRYING TO DO ......

CAUSE I KNOW FOR DAM SURE WETHER IT BE 2 YEARS AGO OR 10 YEARS AGO IF I HAD DONE A TRADE OF THAT MAGNITUDE FOR A BALL LIKE THAT ID DAM SURE HAVE RECORDS OF PURCHASE AND NAMES OF THE SELLERS AND DEFFINITLY REMEBER IT ALL CAUSE ID BE KICKING MYSELF EVERYDAY FOR DOING A TRADE LIKE THAT ....

ITS EASY HOW PEOPLE WHEN BUSTED SEEM TO FORGET IMPORTANT DETAILS ABOUT THINGS THAT NORMALLY WOULDNT BE FORGOTON IF THEY WERNT BUSTED ... I MEAN HELL SHE SEEMED TO REMEMBER EVERY LITTLE DETAIL ABOUT HOW SHE ASKED AROUND TO ALL THE DEALERS BEFORE GOING INTO THAT DEAL BUT SHE CANT SEEM TO REMEMBER THE PERSON SHE DID THE DEAL WITH ??????

YOU ALMOST HAD US THERE WITH THAT 1 ................

" NOT "

Old 07-27-2004, 01:50 AM   #54
KelliH
There have only been 3 shows promoted by Bob Clark in Arlington. One was the weekend before this past one, one was in the Fall of 2003, one was in the Spring of 2003. Here is a link to the show:
Bob's Show

If you scroll down, you will see a list of vendors. I am almost positive that is a list of all the vendors that have ever done the show, any of the three shows. So, Ms. Mullins, "Mike _____" or his company should be on that list if they have ever sold at a Bob Clark show. Any of those names on the list jog your memory?

BTW, that is a beautiful ball python you have for sale. Looks to be a nice high yellow, unfortunately for you, not a pastel.

Old 07-27-2004, 08:36 AM   #55
bpc
It's pretty clear this ad is a bust. I think we can all agree on that.

Tom, the general public, I'll define them as 70-80% of people walking into a common reptile show. DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU AND AL AND ROB know about ball pythons. They do not see a $1300 difference between the snake posted and Pastel Jungle Morph. To them "pastel" means pretty. So everytime yall get lazy and use that term "pastel," you're only hurting yourselves. Use the term "Pastel Jungle Morph," and the "confusion" ends. Tom, you keep being lazy and using the term pastel, and we'll keep having these arguments. Because I promise you, as someone who does about 25 shows a year, the general public is not on Fauna, they're not on Kingsnake, and those that have heard of the term "pastel ball," (which isn't a lot), don't know dick about genetics. The "general public" also does not respond to adds selling $500 or $1500 animals. Getting them to spend $50 is hard enough.

My point here is this: you guys are having fun amongst yourselves. NO ONE is getting fooled by these ads. Everyone that's going to spend the money to buy into a morph should, and probably does, know how it works, especially when the entry price is so high. You won't see me selling any balls labeled "pastel" or "pastel jungle." I understand. But I am not who I am talking about.

Old 07-27-2004, 02:02 PM   #56
ajc
Quote:
Originally posted by bpc
To them "pastel" means pretty. So everytime yall get lazy and use that term "pastel," you're only hurting yourselves. Use the term "Pastel Jungle Morph," and the "confusion" ends.
Wow...someone found a loophole.

Did Johnny Cochran tell you to say that?

Old 07-27-2004, 02:57 PM   #57
ms_terese
A pastel by any other name....

I would disagree that people using the term "pastel" are not trying to imply "Pastel Jungle Morph". There are multiple synonyms for "pastel" that could be used instead: light, muted, pale, etc.

I think it's a marketing ploy. While many people are not looking to breed seriously, if they feel they can get an animal that is more highly valued, they will pay more money. Same thing happens with dogs or cats or any other pet. If someone buys a dog with the assurance of a pedigree, even if he doesn't intend to breed it, would they not be upset to find that the "championship bloodlines" were really just "potential championship bloodlines"?

Old 07-27-2004, 03:43 PM   #58
SPJ
Brian, How can you even think of justifying this?

Pastel means pretty!

That is the biggest crock of <font color=red>[**censored**]</font> I have ever heard.

It sounds like you're saying that you see nothing wrong with misleading people just to make a buck.

Old 07-27-2004, 05:33 PM   #59
bpc
Yall continue to miss the point here. I understand that when YOU say "pastel" YOU mean the pastel jungle morph. When I say pastel ball python, I mean the pastel jungle morph. BUT WHEN JOHN Q PUBLIC says, "damn, that's a nice pastel!" They think it applies to any light colored ball python. I'm not making this up folks! I hear it at least once a month.

So the harder you/me/us work at separating true "pastel jungle morphs" from those "damn pretty" light ones, the better off you (BP breeders) are. John Q Public's definition is going to be much harder to change, than us simply typing those two extra words "jungle morph.

"It cracks me up that so many of you think EVERYONE knows what "pastel" means. If that's the case, why are we having this conversation? If EVERYONE knew that "pastel" means the pastel jungle morph, and the snake pictured in this ad was clearly not a "pastel," why did AL bother making this thread? I mean if EVERYONE knows, who's gonna get screwed? If EVERYONE knows what "pastel" means, no one could every be dupped by an ad like this (one w/ a pic), because EVERYONE would know right away something was up. If EVERYONE knows, why would anyone try and sell something that wasn't a pastel jungle?

Why? Because clearly, not everyone shares your definition. I have nothing to lose here folks, I'm only trying to help. Granted, it's fun to make the Brotherhood's collective blood pressure rise a few notches. Pastel Jungle's do nothing for me. Most BP morphs do nothing for me. I'm more a "damn pretty normal," person. As such, I will probably never breed them. I will sell them because the market demands that I do. Your term "pastel" is simply too common an adjective for the public to realize it's signifies something beyond "damn pretty." Yes, once they spend an afternoon at a show like the NRBE and finally ask someone they MIGHT get it, but I promise you, most walk in the door w/ no clue. So why risk it?

Old 07-27-2004, 06:07 PM   #60
ajc
Quote:
Originally posted by bpc
BUT WHEN JOHN Q PUBLIC says, "damn, that's a nice pastel!" They think it applies to any light colored ball python. I'm not making this up folks! I hear it at least once a month.
This really is getting pathetic.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!