Another FAKE pastel ad from Geni Mullins - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-27-2004, 10:18 PM   #71
NEWReptiles
Quote:
Yet again, you don't understand what I am saying. I'm saying calling a snake a "pastel." Notice the period there. Does not qualify it as a morph.
Quote:
Pastel does not = Pastel Jungle, BUT
Wrong, I will in fact be posting some "pastels" soon in the BP classifieds......
Quote:
Pastel does not = Pastel Jungle, BUT

Old 07-27-2004, 10:42 PM   #72
HerpVenue
Quote:
Originally posted by bpc
BUT WHEN JOHN Q PUBLIC says, "damn, that's a nice pastel!" They think it applies to any light colored ball python. I'm not making this up folks! I hear it at least once a month.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This really is getting pathetic. Originally posted by ajc
This really is getting pathetic.
actually I hear it often too. But not once a month.
I also hear it a lot for boas too.

Old 07-28-2004, 01:20 PM   #73
SPJ
Does this mean that the industry is supposed to stop calling genetic pastels by the pastel name because a few crooks use the term loosely and uninformed people buy them?

I still think that a pastel is a pastel is a pastel. They are genetic.

Brightly colored normal BP's should never be advertised as pastels and every seller that uses that term to sell an animal should be called out on it.

Old 07-28-2004, 01:47 PM   #74
TheVipersHouse
steve

QUOTE"

Does this mean that the industry is supposed to stop calling genetic pastels by the pastel name because a few crooks use the term loosely and uninformed people buy them?

Brightly colored normal BP's should never be advertised as pastels and every seller that uses that term to sell an animal should be called out on it.

"END QUOTE

HERE HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!! nuff said

Old 07-28-2004, 03:13 PM   #75
NEWReptiles
Quote:

Brightly colored normal BP's should never be advertised as pastels and every seller that uses that term to sell an animal should be called out on it.?
I could not have said it better myself.

Old 07-28-2004, 03:31 PM   #76
bpc
Guys, that's fine, call them out. But!!!! Realize, that you may actually encounter some people who don't know that the "industry" has highjacked this adjective. And that it now has a very specific meaning. They might be using the word not knowing any better. So before 15 of you send them nasty emails, threatening to kill their first-born, at least assertain whether or not they know what "pastel" means.

You guys get all riled-up awfully quick, and you have a tendency to come off as a bunch of pompous a$$es. People don't stay around very long listening to other people they don't like, or who have insulted and threathened them. Can you at least give me that?

Old 07-28-2004, 03:40 PM   #77
NEWReptiles
EVERY pastel scam that has been called out so far has been that, A SCAM. We don't instantly jump, the sellers are emailed and its decided whether or not others should know about it.

You honestly think that these sellers just happened to pick the word pastel? NO, they read ads and see the higher price, then they slap the name on thier animal in hopes to get more for what they know is a normal.

Old 07-28-2004, 03:41 PM   #78
TheVipersHouse
hmmmm

you call us pompass a$$holes and all this and u assume we send people nasty emails saying we kill their first born and now you want us to what give u credit for saying that the crooks who use the term pastel lightly and vaguely shouldnt be run up and down for trying to rip people off ..

if people know what pastel means then they are knowingly mislabeling their animals if they call their animal a pastel when its not its that simple

Old 07-28-2004, 07:31 PM   #79
bpc
Quote:
You honestly think that these sellers just happened to pick the word pastel? NO, they read ads and see the higher price
All of them? NO, absolutely not. But some, see a pastel jungle morph labeled with a common adjective like "pastel" and knowing nothing about the genetics behind it, think they have one of those also.

Quote:
if people know what pastel means then they are knowingly mislabeling their animals if they call their animal a pastel when its not its that simple
IF...........that's the key word there. If they know, then yes, call them out. But yall are assuming EVERYONE knows.

Quote:
We don't instantly jump, the sellers are emailed and its decided whether or not others should know about it
Damn, "We don't," "it's decided," maybe there's more to this Brotherhood thing than I thought!!!!

Old 07-28-2004, 10:08 PM   #80
screamdreams
My thoughts:

Brian's point....I think he's just trying to say there is still a considerable number of people who keep reptiles that just don't understand....

The "brotherhood's" point....if they don't "understand" then what the h*ll are they doing selling them????

....I think we all agree on one thing though, and that's the fact that if someone knows but insists on misrepresenting their animals, then they'll get what they deserve

For everyone that does not know....this is a Pastel.
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!