whats a good snake - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Other Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-06-2014, 02:13 PM   #41
EmeraldBoid
I buy mine from Walmart, they say target is a good place as well.

Old 07-06-2014, 02:16 PM   #42
xXBlueLipsXx
I might do that if I get a snake thats arboreal or semi one e.e, is there any holders for the tubes at those places so I can either glue it in there or use duck tape lol

Old 07-06-2014, 03:04 PM   #43
EmeraldBoid
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXBlueLipsXx View Post
I might do that if I get a snake thats arboreal or semi one e.e, is there any holders for the tubes at those places so I can either glue it in there or use duck tape lol
I drill holes in on either side and stick the branch in. This away I can remove it easily, some people use a soldering iron too. Tape is not to be used on the inside of a snake cage.

Old 07-06-2014, 03:19 PM   #44
xXBlueLipsXx
ah alright and I cant drill a hole :/ the tank is glass if I drilled it, the glass would break hints why I said glue or tape for it

Old 07-06-2014, 03:27 PM   #45
hhmoore
Glass can be drilled (special bit)

Old 07-06-2014, 03:31 PM   #46
EmeraldBoid
Quote:
ah alright and I cant drill a hole :/ the tank is glass if I drilled it, the glass would break hints why I said glue or tape for it
You can use certain tools if you really want too, you can also just make free standing perches out of PVC pipe or let the branch rest diagonally. Are you still thinking of the carpet? I started with a ball python and always recommend them to people at some point.

Old 07-06-2014, 04:17 PM   #47
xXBlueLipsXx
im trying to stay away from the "common" snakes like the ones they sell at petco and petsmart lol eh im thinking about GTP and carpet python ...still want more of an option snake list to be at least 5 on there so far only 2 for consideration

Old 07-06-2014, 04:28 PM   #48
EmeraldBoid
Quote:
im trying to stay away from the "common" snakes like the ones they sell at petco and petsmart lol eh im thinking about GTP and carpet python ...still want more of an option snake list to be at least 5 on there so far only 2 for consideration
Bloods are good, Sand boas are a little squirmy in hand but are cool, Rainbow boas, amazon tree boas can be a little hardier than emeralds.

Old 07-06-2014, 04:38 PM   #49
Westcoastchondros
Bluelips, where are you located?

Old 07-06-2014, 04:45 PM   #50
xXBlueLipsXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldBoid View Post
Bloods are good, Sand boas are a little squirmy in hand but are cool, Rainbow boas, amazon tree boas can be a little hardier than emeralds.
ah ok ^^ hmm how big to bloods get? and arent emeralds a little less aggressive then ATB's?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!