Editing User Info - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 02-17-2005, 05:10 PM   #1
xpetsofflorida
Editing User Info

My girlfriend and I set up our account on Fauna about 2 yrs. ago. When we did we used her email address, name, birthday and so on. I am the one that posts and does ads on the site and was wondering how I can edit that info w/o completely setting up a new account. I like the idea of being responsible for your posts and ads and would like to keep the same user name if possible. You

You see we have split up now and the emails for my ads and she has to forward them to me. Which sucks cause who knows if she is sending me all of them. Please help if possible. THX

Jeremy

Old 02-17-2005, 08:42 PM   #2
Karen Hulvey
Click on User CP. It's located on the far left just above the post you made on this thread.
It brings up:
Edit Signature
Edit Email & Password
Edit Profile
Edit Options
Edit Avatar
Edit Profile Picture and more.

Once you change your email addy you get an email to the new address. You have to click on that email to complete the change.

Good luck changing everything.

Old 02-18-2005, 04:26 AM   #3
xpetsofflorida
Thank you for the help but it still is not working correctly. I tried to change my email address but it is giving me a message that says "that address is already in use. if you have fogotten your password please press here" or something very close to that. The weird thing is when I reset my password it sent the new one to the address I wanted it changed to not the one where the email inquires from my posts go. Why is that happening when my email address is not the one shown in the User CP section? Any help would be appreciated.

Jeremy

Old 02-18-2005, 08:06 AM   #4
Karen Hulvey
Jeremy:

I emailed you through this site. If you get it at the email addy you want to use, then I wouldn't worry about it. However if you don't get it and your girlfriend gets it, then I'd email webmaster and have him look into it.

Old 02-18-2005, 09:28 AM   #5
GeckoTracks
A little late but here you go

Old 02-18-2005, 11:44 AM   #6
WebSlave
Jeez Kimberly! I should get you to design ALL of my help pages. What you did is just GREAT!

Thanks!

Old 02-18-2005, 12:19 PM   #7
GeckoTracks
No Problem

Honestly Rich I wouldn’t mind helping out at all. The images looked a little cruddy cause I had to shrink it down just a little bit; I can make them look nicer if I take the time.

Just give me a list of what you need to for people to navigate the site and I’ll start working on it. Just let me know where to send the finished product.

Also curious do you want little snippets like the example I did or something different?

Old 02-18-2005, 02:22 PM   #8
xpetsofflorida
Thanks for the help you guys. I got my user info changed that was very easy but I am still having trouble w/ changing my email. Here is the message I am getting.

"The email address you entered is already in use. If you have forgotten your password, please click here."

Now if I click on the link to get my password a message is sent to xpetsofflorida@aol.com not to snookrule@aol.com which is what I want the email to be. I can log onto the site from either email address but I am unable to receive messages sent to me by the website to my email address. WebSlave if you can help me change this it would be much appreciated. Thanks again for all you help.

Jeremy

Old 06-25-2006, 10:43 AM   #9
theReptileBreeder
hiya, I've been trying to change my full name on here, but unlike in the picture Kim here put it goes from

--------------
Registration Required Information
--------------
Email & Password
Birth Date
Optional Information
--------------

instead of

--------------
Registration Required Information
--------------
Email & Password
Full Name
Optional Information
--------------
Birth Date

People have tried to warn me for putting reptile breeder up for me and my workers instead of a full name, I know your a busy guy but I was wondering why is there no option to let me change my full name?

I also don't get edit signature or profile picture, but I am assuming that is only for paying members...?

Thanks

Old 06-25-2006, 11:44 AM   #10
DThomas
A few people abused the option to change your name and Rich had to restrict it to just him having the ability. Give Webslave a PM and he can change it for you.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!