Adobe Photoshop pic tester website!!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > New or Updated Websites and Web Resources

Notices

New or Updated Websites and Web Resources General notices about a new website or a newly found one worthy of note. You can introduce your new website here as well.

Old 10-13-2010, 02:08 AM   #1
Johnenewt1
Adobe Photoshop pic tester website!!!

For any of you who would like to know who some of the dishonest breeders are out there (and yes, there are plenty of them), you can now find out for yourself who they are. If you go to: http://regex.info/exif.cgi, you have the option to input any pic, and it will tell you if the program Adobe Photoshop has been used on the pic!

In the first option, you can paste in the web address of the pic... you can get this by right-clicking on any image from an internet page, click on Properties, highlight the URL Address, copy it, paste it into the "Image URL" box on the above website, and then click on "View Image at URL". It will tell you everything about the pic.

Or, in the second option, if the pic is on your computer, first click on the "Browse" button next to "Local Image File" on the above website, find and select the pic that's on your computer, and then click on "View Image from File". It will tell you everything about the pic.

Maybe this will cut back on a lot of the dishonesty that's going on out there, where breeders are misleading the public by using Adobe Photoshop to increase their dragon's color saturation, more than what their dragons really have. Let's try to learn a little more about morality, folks.

John

Old 10-16-2010, 12:43 AM   #2
Ameivaboy
A lot of people myself included use photoshop on their images- not too "fool" people but to crop and size images etc. I'll use it to open up a dark image as well. People should be asking for multiple photos of animals in different lighting and angles to get the best perception of what they are purchasing.

Old 10-16-2010, 01:04 AM   #3
Johnenewt1
Well then you're someone I would never purchase from. Tainting is tainting, regardless of whether you're increasing the pic's color or cropping its pic. Noone can tell exactly what you're doing in Photoshop. Free programs like Instacropper can crop your images without worrying about any other types of modification. If everyone took their pics in natural lighting, and not under their tank's heat bulb which increases the color in photographs, most times there wouldn't be any question on how the animal looks that they're purchasing.

Old 10-18-2010, 11:00 AM   #4
Ameivaboy
That's some opinion....

Say you're selling something.. you take a picture of it and there's a big turd in the background- other than that the picture is perfect, I would crop the turd out.
A big turd never makes for an appealing ad, but animals will do what they do.

Though if the animal had say a kink on it's tail and you crop that out and dont list that defect in your ad then you are being deceitful.

also, sometimes dim lighting makes it so you can't really make the animal out.

Opening up the image so you can see it better is not a crime (I do this if i take pictures with my iphone 3g as they picture quality is not good)

Big difference between these methods and altering the photo to increase color/hue
as a deceitful tactic.

If you're that concerned with how the animal looks then one should ask for multiple photos. I do this and when I do I take them at varying angles and under different lighting.

Old 10-18-2010, 11:05 AM   #5
Ameivaboy
Also- Everyones moniters are different and will display colors differently- it's not all the same across the board.

Old 10-18-2010, 12:03 PM   #6
Ameivaboy
I'm bored so here's some images I just did....

This is deceitful photoshopping

here's another Image

from left to right

original picture, opened up picture and "color manipulated"

Funny thing with this image is the color manipulated one is the one that most looks like the actual snake when in hand.

Not that I would ever go to that much trouble for an ad but it would take some manipulation to show what the animal truly looks like from this photo.

Old 10-18-2010, 12:14 PM   #7
Miss Tuniwha
I will point out, that not everyone can take natural light photos.. I live in Minnesota.. it is currently 50 degrees out.. I am certainly not going to take my baby snakes outside because someone wants new photos..

Editing colour I do not agree with.. just get better lights.. but cropping or resizing almost always needs to be done.. my camera takes photos at 48 inches wide.. I assume no one wants to have to scroll to see a photo..

I can't afford photoshop.. but I do use PSP and resize every photo I have so that I can actually post it..

Old 10-18-2010, 12:20 PM   #8
Ameivaboy
It's all about the integrity of the person doing the photoshopping.

Do I have the ability to alter photos to make the animals look more desirable than they actually are? Sure I do. I can cover up scares, brighten or completely change colors.

Do I actively use this skill to deceive people into buying my animals- absolutely not.

Old 10-18-2010, 12:22 PM   #9
Miss Tuniwha
I think that is the point of his post though.. how are most people going to know ones "integrity"..

Again though, it is a broad field.. not everyone using photoshop is editing.. they may have just cropped etc..

Old 10-18-2010, 12:30 PM   #10
Ameivaboy
How do you really know the integrity of anyone you buy off of online?

Even known "good guys" have gone bad.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!