Info BHB Reptiles - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-08-2011, 09:39 PM   #11
Mike Schultz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Pecanic View Post
I asked myself a question right now; "if you sell 35K snakes a year, why isn't there at least just 100 good guy threads posted on here yearly?" Why?
Because nobody really cares that much unless something goes wrong... do you go home and tell your wife "Man I had such an easy ride to work today!" every day or do you come home once a week saying "Holy hell traffic was balls today!!!"

Old 12-08-2011, 09:46 PM   #12
Kinra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Schultz View Post
Lol mites happen to everybody, it sucks but it does... I'm kind of baffled that you are more concerned about a $10 lice shampoo treatment than the fact that your snake is bent in half.
I'm more concerned about the mites because they are a pain and even though the snake is no longer in my possession I still have to deal with them. I personally would never sell a snake with mites and I don't know anyone with a good reputation who would. There is no excuse really for any of it but I can see the kink issue being a serious miss communication. Yes mites happen to everyone but it's something you correct instead of selling snakes that still have them.

Old 12-08-2011, 09:48 PM   #13
Amelanistic Orca
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Schultz View Post
Because nobody really cares that much unless something goes wrong... do you go home and tell your wife "Man I had such an easy ride to work today!" every day or do you come home once a week saying "Holy hell traffic was balls today!!!"
I beg to differ my friend. People are touting "proper" sales these days left and right. Tis' the season!

Old 12-08-2011, 09:53 PM   #14
Get Sum
Wow and WOW!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinra View Post
Someone had to notice. You can't sex this snake with out noticing it has a kink and she was sold to me as a female. As soon as I am issued my refund I will consider the matter closed, but I thought people should know about the mites. This is not a bad guy thread, it's just an info thread.
There is absolutely no excuse for sending out a snake in that condition. If they have mites in one animal, I would assume they probably have mites on dozens if not hundreds.
1st they should have treated the animal of mites before they shipped it out to you. Nobody wants to add mites to their quarantine area and possibly their collection!
2nd That kink can be spotted from a mile away, They would have noticed it when she first hatched, they would have noticed it when they sexed the animal, they would have noticed it when the took the pictures and they would have noticed it when they bagged the snake up.

I don't care if Lori offered you a sterling female as a replacement to try to make things right! I personally don't care how big they are and how much they have done for the herp community. That animal needs to be donated as a pet to someone, not sold off hoping the buyer doesn't know any better!

Thank you Rebecca for posting this thread and sharing all of your documentation as proof. I have seen some smaller breeders that have been black-balled here for far less.

P.S. I am certain you will love your new Pewter girl! You will see her on Wednesday

-Jason Weinrich

Old 12-08-2011, 10:02 PM   #15
Mike Schultz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinra View Post
I'm more concerned about the mites because they are a pain and even though the snake is no longer in my possession I still have to deal with them. I personally would never sell a snake with mites and I don't know anyone with a good reputation who would. There is no excuse really for any of it but I can see the kink issue being a serious miss communication. Yes mites happen to everyone but it's something you correct instead of selling snakes that still have them.
What i'm saying is it's way easier to legitimately miss the one or two mites you found... It's not like they sent those on purpose. Kink = miscommunication, Mites = probably didnt even notice.

Old 12-08-2011, 10:06 PM   #16
Amelanistic Orca
Excellent post Jason! Just their pics of their snakes on that "stuff" they use... Screeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeamssssss mite infestation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Sum View Post
There is absolutely no excuse for sending out a snake in that condition. If they have mites in one animal, I would assume they probably have mites on dozens if not hundreds.
1st they should have treated the animal of mites before they shipped it out to you. Nobody wants to add mites to their quarantine area and possibly their collection!
2nd That kink can be spotted from a mile away, They would have noticed it when she first hatched, they would have noticed it when they sexed the animal, they would have noticed it when the took the pictures and they would have noticed it when they bagged the snake up.

I don't care if Lori offered you a sterling female as a replacement to try to make things right! I personally don't care how big they are and how much they have done for the herp community. That animal needs to be donated as a pet to someone, not sold off hoping the buyer doesn't know any better!

Thank you Rebecca for posting this thread and sharing all of your documentation as proof. I have seen some smaller breeders that have been black-balled here for far less.

P.S. I am certain you will love your new Pewter girl! You will see her on Wednesday

-Jason Weinrich

Old 12-08-2011, 10:13 PM   #17
tarawr
I saw this very snake in person tonight. That kink is awful, but it seems like there were 3-4 mites, unless I saw the same ones multiple times without realizing. Being fairly new with herps, I took it as a great learning experience (seeing mites in person rather than just via pics online).

Seems BHB is dropping the ball more and more these days... not entirely sure I would want to buy from them after the "het not proving out/lack of communication" thread, and especially now that I've seen this. Hope you do get your refund and that you don't have THAT many mites in your QT area/collection!

Old 12-08-2011, 10:14 PM   #18
~Just Curious~
Wow, I honestly can't believe that nobody caught that major of a kink. Crazy! I know they have a lot of snakes, but I think they should at least give them a brief once-over before they box them. =\ I'm glad that they promptly took responsibility and fixed that for you though, that's good.

Since they carry so many, I wouldn't be too surprised if they had mites either but... If the mites were the huge issue for you and were the entire point of this warning thread as you said, then I wish you would have taken a picture of those like you did with the kink. Maybe it's just me. ^^; Hope they didn't spread any for you, good thing you practiced quarantine!

Old 12-08-2011, 10:20 PM   #19
Tom C
Quote:
Mites = probably didnt even notice.

Old 12-08-2011, 10:23 PM   #20
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Pecanic View Post
I asked myself a question right now; "if you sell 35K snakes a year, why isn't there at least just 100 good guy threads posted on here yearly?" Why?

To be fair, you are quoting someone here on this thread 35,000 not BHB and he stated that they have 35,000 not that they sell that much each year. But heck maybe they do, what do I know?

Also to be fair on the point of good guy threads, Brian has many here on this current site dating back to 2002. He also has many previous to the date on the earlier versions of this site. All I can say is that I never read a bad guy thread about them until recently. That's many years without any problems. Now that isn't to discount the concerns you have with them but just stating what I have seen over the years.

As far as this thread, I think it would be darn near impossible for anyone paying attention not to notice that kink. Also, I'm not going to nitpick but the request to send back on a Thursday is something I would never do but that's just me.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!