Enough is enough with the classifieds (*or* Why you cannot reply to classified ads) - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 06-06-2011, 06:50 PM   #71
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFragginDragon View Post
So all of us that operate honestly and with integrity that happen to decide to lock our ads should be lumped into a group with ones that have been shown to be 'bad guys'? Thankfully, my customers use, and have used, the proper tools (BOI, peer recommendations) before purchasing from me, instead of taking such a myopic view.
If someone doesn't know you, but has seen the bad guy threads on the BOI and see's them locking their threads... what is one supposed to think?

Almost every long time bad guy here locks their threads. Why.... so folks cant link other's to their BOI threads.

Old 06-06-2011, 07:02 PM   #72
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Wolf View Post
If someone doesn't know you, but has seen the bad guy threads on the BOI and see's them locking their threads... what is one supposed to think?
But that's not how what you said reads, Kevin.

I'm not talking about known bad guys locking ads. I'm talking about good guys and people you don't know locking ads. Why should those people be lumped in with the scammers?

Based on your statements, if I were to lock my ads, I must be hiding something and need lumped in with the bad guys. Hardly fair.

Old 06-06-2011, 07:04 PM   #73
Southern Wolf
If someone didn't know you... it's entirely fair. If all they see is bad guys locking their threads... then you post a locked thread... what are they to think?

Old 06-06-2011, 07:09 PM   #74
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
Why assume - this site is the home of the BOI. CHECK!
I'm not hiding anything; whether people are new, or not. Check my Trader Ratings, Check my BOI threads.......heck start an inquiry about me.
I put no stock in the trader rating system... but that's just me. The only people that can leave a rating are paying members... and how many times have we had sales to non-paying members that could have left a rating (both good or bad) otherwise.

Back when I was in business I even had one email me and ask how to leave a rating. I told him to start a BOI thread instead since he wasn't a paying member.

Point is... the Trader Rating only shows a small story.

Old 06-06-2011, 07:10 PM   #75
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
If someone didn't know you... it's entirely fair. If all they see is bad guys locking their threads... then you post a locked thread... what are they to think?
If someone can't look to the left of my classified posting and see the 24 count positive trader rating and do a 5 minute search to locate me on the BOI as well as my Good Guy Cert, I don't think they're thinking at all. Rich gave us three individual tools to use here to protect ourselves.

Frankly, how is it any different then selling on your own website? Most websites don't have a public Q&A for questions on what they're selling. Does that mean they are hiding something? Are they scammers for not providing this functionality?

Old 06-06-2011, 07:11 PM   #76
hhmoore
True.....but combined with the BOI threads, and my GGC;

Old 06-06-2011, 07:13 PM   #77
WebSlave
Quote:
I think the same logic, then, could apply to another change here that you had an issue with....

If someone hides their true location, then why would they do that? If someone doesn't know you and sees that you use a vague description of where you are located.... what are they to think? Don't bad guys try to obscure their true location? So should we not assume that everyone who obscures their true location MUST be a bad guy?

Old 06-06-2011, 07:17 PM   #78
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic View Post
If someone can't look to the left of my classified posting and see the 24 count positive trader rating and do a 5 minute search to locate me on the BOI as well as my Good Guy Cert, I don't think they're thinking at all. Rich gave us three individual tools to use here to protect ourselves.

Frankly, how is it any different then selling on your own website? Most websites don't have a public Q&A for questions on what they're selling. Does that mean they are hiding something? Are they scammers for not providing this functionality?
See my post to Harald about the Trader Rating.

Part of the reason to coming to a forum is the interaction with others. Why make that interaction less? While I did sell on KS... I preferred Fauna over them because of the layout and folks could ask questions. The way Rich is talking... Fauna is gonna be no different from KS (other than non paying members can post ads).

I agree that some things need to be handled in private. Like discussing a price not posted in the ad. But if someone wants to know how my snakes were feeding... that info should be up for everyone to see. We dont always remember to include everything in our ads... and we cant possibly answer everyone's questions in the initial post.

Old 06-06-2011, 07:20 PM   #79
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
I think the same logic, then, could apply to another change here that you had an issue with....

If someone hides their true location, then why would they do that? If someone doesn't know you and sees that you use a vague description of where you are located.... what are they to think? Don't bad guys try to obscure their true location? So should we not assume that everyone who obscures their true location MUST be a bad guy?
Bad guys flat out lie about their location. They put in something where they are not.

We have already went over this about me and the location. Im in law enforcement... and all the convicts know Im into snakes. You type in my name and snakes and Fauna is the first place that pops up. Why in the would I make it that easy for them to find me?

I can be found... but Im not gonna make it that easy.

Old 06-06-2011, 07:21 PM   #80
hhmoore
Quote:
I agree that some things need to be handled in private. Like discussing a price not posted in the ad. But if someone wants to know how my snakes were feeding... that info should be up for everyone to see. We dont always remember to include everything in our ads... and we cant possibly answer everyone's questions in the initial post.
Perhaps.....but all members can edit their posts for a period of time in the classifieds. If somebody PMs a question that the seller feels is pertinent to the ad, it is a simple step to add it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!