Bad Guy Manny Frade Perfect Predators - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-10-2015, 10:43 PM   #1
Hec.1
Manny Frade Perfect Predators

Manny Frade has screwed me twice in two days. He tried to sell one snake to two people. He posted an ad on facebook of a female Lipstick Sunglow Tuesday morning. I messaged him to see if it was still available. He answered me and said yes it was.I sent the payment through PayPal early in the morning. That afternoon I see someone on face book post the same snake I just bought earlier and their saying they just bought the snake. So I show Manny the post and ask him, what's up with that? He tells me that I ruined the surprise. He said he was going to surprise me with one of his "hold backs" because of another issue we had on a purchase last year. He was going to send me a different snake without telling me. I told him that the one on the ad is the one I want. He shows me a picture of the"hold back" and another Sunglow. I told him again, I want the one in the ad. He then agrees to make it happen. Wednesday morning I get a message from Manny saying two of the snakes he showed me the day before had escaped because he didn't close the tubs right. Later he tells me he found one, but not the one I wanted. He said if he finds it he'll let me know or he'll give me a refund. Little did he know I spoke to the other buyer and the buyer told me that Manny had told him there was an error with the picture of the original snake in the ad so he wouldnt be receiving the original one. Shortly after that he issues me a refund. I go home I tell him I'll take the "hold back" rather than not have anything. I send the payment and we finalize the deal. I'm on Facebook I notice he posts a pic of the hold back on his page. Shortly after he sends me a message this morning and tells me he's canceling the transaction because I was speaking to the other buyer about what had happened and the buyer gave him an ear full. He stated that "I added insult to injury". He said it's business not personal. I never saw the original snake in any other picture and that leads me to think he was lying the whole time. If the other buyer would've never posted on Facebook we both would've received snakes we didn't want. The other buyer settled for the one I turned down. Moral of the story is Manny Frade from Perfect Predators is a liar and a con artist. I am done with him!

Old 09-11-2015, 12:02 AM   #2
bcr229
1) Post proof please.
2) Be glad you got your money back.

Old 09-11-2015, 12:11 AM   #3
LauraB
Quote:
Shortly after that he issues me a refund. I go home I tell him I'll take the "hold back" rather than not have anything. I send the payment and we finalize the deal. I'm on Facebook I notice he posts a pic of the hold back on his page. Shortly after he sends me a message this morning and tells me he's canceling the transaction
I think the OP is still out his cash. As I interpret it, he got a refund for the snake he originally wanted and paid for, but then accepted the "hold back", and sent payment for it. Then Manny "cancelled" that 2nd transaction.

Hector, do a BOI search of Manny and/or Perfect Predators. You will see lots of imperfection. I hope you do get a refund. Stick to Fauna in your search for quality snakes and professional, reliable vendors.

Old 09-11-2015, 08:53 AM   #4
Hec.1
I'm glad I got my money back, but I'm very upset that my time and energy were wasted. No one should have to deal with that. I've purchased from some very well known breeders in the reptile community and they've been very professional, pleasant, etc. It's very simple! They have what I want, I have the the money in hand and it's a done deal. Manny was jerking me an the other buyer around the whole time. Manny is falsely advertising his animals and sending the buyers a totally different snake without them knowing. That is the main reason for this post! Not refunding money has been an issue with Manny as well, but not in this situation.
Attached Images

Old 09-11-2015, 08:59 AM   #5
Hec.1
The post the other buyer posted and me showing him.
Attached Images

Old 09-11-2015, 09:10 AM   #6
lilnightmare
Colour me confused as those pictures are of 3 different snakes - You can tell by the head markings.

Think I have missed something

Old 09-11-2015, 09:57 AM   #7
chkadii
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnightmare View Post
Colour me confused as those pictures are of 3 different snakes - You can tell by the head markings.

Think I have missed something
Here's how I interpreted it (the bold sections are my emphasis, the text between parenthesis are my words):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hec.1 View Post
Manny Frade has screwed me twice in two days. He tried to sell one snake to two people. He posted an ad on facebook of a female Lipstick Sunglow Tuesday morning. I messaged him to see if it was still available. He answered me and said yes it was.I sent the payment through PayPal early in the morning. That afternoon I see someone on face book post the same snake I just bought earlier and their saying they just bought the snake (third boa photo). So I show Manny the post and ask him, what's up with that? He tells me that I ruined the surprise. He said he was going to surprise me with one of his "hold backs" because of another issue we had on a purchase last year. He was going to send me a different snake without telling me. I told him that the one on the ad is the one I want. He shows me a picture of the"hold back" (first photo) and another Sunglow (second boa photo). I told him again, I want the one in the ad. He then agrees to make it happen. Wednesday morning I get a message from Manny saying two of the snakes he showed me the day before had escaped because he didn't close the tubs right. Later he tells me he found one, but not the one I wanted. He said if he finds it he'll let me know or he'll give me a refund. Little did he know I spoke to the other buyer and the buyer told me that Manny had told him there was an error with the picture of the original snake in the ad so he wouldnt be receiving the original one. Shortly after that he issues me a refund. I go home I tell him I'll take the "hold back" rather than not have anything. I send the payment and we finalize the deal. I'm on Facebook I notice he posts a pic of the hold back on his page. Shortly after he sends me a message this morning and tells me he's canceling the transaction because I was speaking to the other buyer about what had happened and the buyer gave him an ear full. He stated that "I added insult to injury". He said it's business not personal. I never saw the original snake in any other picture and that leads me to think he was lying the whole time. If the other buyer would've never posted on Facebook we both would've received snakes we didn't want. The other buyer settled for the one I turned down. Moral of the story is Manny Frade from Perfect Predators is a liar and a con artist. I am done with him!

What I don't understand is what the end-game for Frade would be if this was a con. The only thing I can think of is to sell two (maybe three boas if the original was sent to a third buyer rather than being a hold-back or lost/sick/dead) boas instead of none since the desired individual was unavailable. He may have been banking on the hope that the buyers wouldn't recognize the change, or if they did that it'd be too much trouble to swap the animals out. That said, if that WAS his end-game, it's odd to me that he wouldn't just accept Hector's money for the hold-back (I'm interpreting the text as the other buyer purchasing boa #3/second photo). Or for that matter, why he'd lie about any of it - it'd be easy enough to say "my mistake, this is actually a hold-back. I have these available though..." and both customers would probably have chosen the alternatives they ended up wanting anyway, and been happy.

Old 09-11-2015, 10:18 AM   #8
Guy Castro
Hector,I'm sure a mod will tell you to put the correct location in your sig. Most of use live in the US.

Old 09-11-2015, 01:58 PM   #9
Hec.1
Let me break it down. Manny posted an add of a snake for sale. I bought it first. He then let someone else buy it. He had two buyers one snake. He was planning on sending us different snakes from the very beginning. He was LYING the whole time. He was telling me and the other buyer different stories. He wasn't going to tell us that he was sending different snakes. False advertising. The hold back and the other one are the ones we were going to get regardless. That snake in the ad was just a way to sell those other two. Get it? The snake in the ad didn't exist. It was an old picture of a nice Sunglow he knew he could use to get people to buy the two he did have. I'm not buying his bs story about it escaping. This is the same guy that has told buyers theirvsnakes died before shipping!!

Old 09-11-2015, 01:59 PM   #10
Hec.1
NY Castro.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!