Dwarfism or runt?? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-07-2011, 10:00 AM   #11
allmotorcrx
Pics for all...

Old 08-07-2011, 12:56 PM   #12
dragonluver83
Why didnt you post a thread in the boi? Seems that you have a problem. This isnt the place to piss and moan and post e-mails. I suggest you have a actual problem take this there.

All those e-mails, and what did they say about the parents genetic's???

I may have missed the e-mail where I said the parents are HUGE

Did you forget that?

Mike,

You send me a email how the dragon is doing good, eats great. Hes not the size you think he should be. But he's gorgeous and eating well.

Then you post this thread. An then you down play from what your original e-mail said to me. To this post where your so lost and you dont know what to do with your cuddle buddy.

Old 08-07-2011, 03:43 PM   #13
yourbeat
i would say no doubt that the dragon in the pictures is a very healthy looking dragon. some dragons just don't get big. i would be happier about him being healthy active and eating and not so worried about him not growing like a monitor. what ever your doing is working or the dragon wouldn't be holding its size and weight so well, he may just be a runt like you stated or a late bloomer. i also def agree this isn't the place to post emails and question a breeder, that's why the BOI is here.

Old 08-07-2011, 04:16 PM   #14
allmotorcrx
Tom you really need to learn to read. Like I said before this is not a missing match. I posted the emails cause you kept saying this and that, that I forgot to add stuff. So I broke everything down for you. You getting all heated is just showing us your wrong about something.
This post was made after 3 days of waiting on a reply thru email, which Is directly lonked to your blackberry, why you didn't respond till so late I have no clue. I didn't post emails of parent due to most of our conversations happened thru text message. And again if your thoroughly read what I posted here and sent you, I said I was perfectly happy with the dragon, just he was much smaller than all other 11-12mth beards. Now honestly what's your reasoning behind getting all frazzled like a little kid or someone in the wrong?? And why did you suddenly take his for sale post down, It was up there??

Old 08-07-2011, 04:23 PM   #15
allmotorcrx
And no where did I say who the breeder was, we could have kept it between email but you felt the need to come in here and try to justify yourself. No BOI needed,like I said before read the entire post and the only issue you see me having is him growing to adult size!!

So please tell me why your mad?? If I went blackballing you or defamating you then I could understand, but....

Old 08-07-2011, 11:19 PM   #16
dragonluver83
Quote:
Originally Posted by allmotorcrx View Post
Tom you really need to learn to read. Like I said before this is not a missing match. I posted the emails cause you kept saying this and that, that I forgot to add stuff.
I said you disregarded my ideas. not that you forgot to add stuff. Who needs to read what?

I told you the dragon should be in a smaller cage no response from you.

I told you the dragon is a desert lizard and should not be bathed everyday. You told me you have had no problems. The poo is not runny.

I seen a pic of the dragon and seen a small cricket that your using for feeders. The crickets your using are to small. I said use larger feeders. you ignored that too.

Quote:
So I broke everything down for you. You getting all heated is just showing us your wrong about something.
Please tell me what I am wrong about. You seem to know so much.

Quote:
This post was made after 3 days of waiting on a reply thru email,
This is why I am mad. YOUR A LIAR!!!! Dealing with ignorant rude customers. An Im tired of dealing with you! YOU need to read then add if its possible.

you sent me the e-mail Aug third. see below e-mail. then MAYBE 24 hrs later your in the discussion forum. SO how is that three days?

Quote:
-----Original Message-----
> From: Mike Smith <allmotorcrx@gmail.com>
> Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2011 13:16:29
> To: <360player@live.com>
> Subject: RE: Available beardies?
>
> Hey Tom,
> I purchased a male Orange Hypo Leather last Sep from you. Everything is going ok I guess, but I do have some questions. He is doing good, eats lots, loves his baths and going out for fresh sun. When I first got him he doubled his length in about 2 months, but quickly stopped shortly after new years. He has stayed right at 15" and has only filled out a little bit. He is probably close to 150grams now. Eats greens, squashes, crickets, dubia, phoenix worms and an occasional wax worm. He's in a 50 breeder by himself, 75w spot gets basking spot to 112f, 40w household bulb to keep ambient hot side at 90-95f and cool side about 75f. 24" reptisun 10.0 inside the screen. Could he be this late of a bloomer. He has been to the vet for numerous fecals, all clean. I thought it might be that his cage was elevated to our eye level, so we brought it down to chest level. This has cut his aggression spurts down, still likes to hiss every once an awhile. He's gorgeous and eats very well.
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> Thanks
> Mike Smith
Then you lied about the dragons parents. Your post. I dunno but there suppose to be huge. Where are the dragons genetic's. Your telling me you have all those e-mails but we only discussed the dragons genetics on text message?

Quote:
which Is directly linked to your blackberry, why you didn't respond till so late I have no clue.
Yup, DIRECTLY to my blackberry. And whats your point.... I guess I should drop the 50 cages I have and tell you, I dunno why your dragon isnt as big as you want it to be.

If its eating and thriving and clean fecals. What do you expect me to do. Send you some dragon steriods so you can pump it up as big as you like?

The subject title said, "available beardies" I wasnt looking to make any sales, so I left the e-mail alone. To me, you werent a customer. You wanted to request a dragon from me. Im busy moving to a new home. So I will get to you when I have the time.

After I finished reading the e-mail I asked if you have been helped or not. My phone has nav./gps on it and my girlfriend has been using while were moving. Maybe another reason your e-mail took awhile to get back to.

Quote:
I didn't post emails of parent due to most of our conversations happened thru text message.
Again, you have all those e-mails but no text messages. ESPECIALLY when its the dragons genetic's?

Quote:
And again if your thoroughly read what I posted here and sent you, I said I was perfectly happy with the dragon,
Actually the only thing here I noticed is that you have had hundreds of dragons and never had this problem before. your only comment is he would be a handsome bachelor. The only time you seemed to mention that you were "perfectly happy" was in your e-mail to me. Here it kinda seems like your playing the sympathetic whats wrong with my cuddle buddy role.

Quote:
And why did you suddenly take his for sale post down, It was up there??
An now this. This can be your third lie. Contact a mod. and see if I deleted ANY classified ads in the last few months and see what the response is.

Quote:
And no where did I say who the breeder was, we could have kept it between email but you felt the need to come in here and try to justify yourself.
You dont have to say anything.... I will speak up for my work. Whether its pos or neg. I dont hide from anything.

Quote:
No BOI needed,like I said before read the entire post and the only issue you see me having is him growing to adult size!!
o

Well the dragon is about 50 grams under weight in my opinion. (Going on the time frame of 11 months) Then when I see the picture, There is NO bones sticking out in his hips. No bones in his head sticking out. Doesnt have the "weak eye" look AND he has a dragging belly. What more do you really want from this dragon? Muscles on his neck?

Quote:
So please tell me why your mad?? If I went blackballing you or defamating you then I could understand, but....
Okay big picture broke down for the guy who doesnt get it! This thread doesnt make me upset. I could have ignored it here and no one would of never knew. That isnt the point.

I offered ideas, you had a reason why that wasn't it. Why bother talking to you, IF your only going to tell me thats not it.

Then I read your post how you had hundred of babies dozens of adults and you never had anything like this happen. Like something is wrong with the dragon I sold you. When in the e-mail you sent me, you were perfectly happy just thought he should be bigger.

He isnt to terribly small and he isnt unhealthy. Would you take your one kid to the doctor multiple times because hes not growing like your other one?

Then the b.s. lying.

I never said the parents were huge.

You did NOT wait three days to post this thread. It took me three days to give you a response.

Now you want to accuse me of pulling a ad down.

I wish you went to the boi with this. You would of more and likely got your chewed for something so stupid. Then when you get caught up lying on the boi its really your

So if you dont understand why im upset. You never will. Honestly I dont think you will get it. But keep reading this post. It might sink in.

Old 08-07-2011, 11:30 PM   #17
allmotorcrx
Ok there may have been some exaggeration on time frames, but come on now get your panties out of a bunch. The original question posted was dwarf or runt?? You then blew everything out of control. Just like you posted, you could've ignored this thread and kept it between emails like any professional would do.

And like I said and you've quoted, he will just be a handsome bachelor.

Done deal

Old 08-08-2011, 12:46 AM   #18
DJ Dragons
Out of curiosity, how often does the dragon get Calcium w/D3 vs. straight Calcium? The reason I ask is that unfortunately some UVB bulbs even within the same brand just aren't putting out as much UVB as they should. We've purchased a Solarmeter 6.5 early on to measure all our bulbs and have seen this firsthand.

As far as growth goes, one of our current dragons was around that size at about 9 months of age due to illness early on, but has shot up like a rocket recently and is now over 21" and 400 grams at approx. 1 year of age.

BTW Tom, the little girl I purchased from you earlier this year is doing awesome and I might have to send you a photo sometime. :P

Old 08-08-2011, 01:06 AM   #19
DJ Dragons
One last thing. I'm curious how much time your dragon spends in his basking spot vs. the ambient surroundings because the paunchy belly could also be a sign of insufficient digestion of his food which might result in eventual blockage. That, to Tom's earlier point, could be remedied by purchasing a rock to bask on and potentially lowering the lights if needed until the temps are correct for the new setup.

Old 08-08-2011, 06:49 AM   #20
allmotorcrx
Please point me to the cricket you are seeing, the last order of crickets I got are prewing.

He gets vit d3 cal 5 days a week. after talking with the vet we decided this would be best due to variances in bulb output and life, same reason bulb gets replaced every 4 months. He also get roughly 4 hours real sun weekly. We had his blood drawn in may and every thing was perfect.
He basks for usually 2-3 hours after each feeding, there are places on his log that get to 115 all the way down to 89 on the hot side. He does have a slate rock that is attached to his log that he basks on as well as sleeps on, it holds temp very well as this is directly under his basking light. He has always had a nice fat belly, like I said he eats better than me. His vet is DVM Scott Stahl. I have had many fecals done and always come back clean. Never any undigested insects or veggies.

We did re-paper the insides of his cage. He is stressing out right now but still eating so we will see. Hopefully he will spurt like yours DJ...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!