Inquiry Mitch Behm (global captive breeders) - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-19-2012, 01:02 AM   #51
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Me View Post
Why does it matter if they were all imports? I see nothing wrong with it. I myself have a few imported ball pythons and I think it's great to get new bloodlines. Of course imports can have problems but not all of them do and normally if you can get the parasites out of them, get them hydrated and feeding... they will thrive.
There's no problem with imports nor importing them.

The problem some people have here with mitch is his character. Or lack thereof.

He wants people to think he's this great breeder that's produced thousands of animals for years and years. None of that is true.

He IS an importer, which is fine.

He IS a flipper, which is also fine.

He IS a person who pretends to be a breeder. When he said that he had sold over 800 chondros last year at the lowest prices out there, did you get the notion that he had produced them? That's what he wants people to think.

I'm sure he sells some great animals. I'm also sure that most of them are NOT produced by him. It's just unsavory. mitch is sort of like the snickers bar in the swimming pool. Once you've seen that floater go by you keep expecting more of the same and if you're smart, you er on the side of caution when you do. So far he has not disappointed.

You may never have a problem with him, he seems to treat women better than men. But he's shown himself here and in the past to be someone a lot of people would choose to avoid. He's really rather unpleasant.

Old 03-19-2012, 01:12 AM   #52
MRC31
I sold to Mitch a very long time ago...he paid. I tried to get something in the past(long time ago) never worked out...don't remember what it was probably 4 or 5 years ago. I do not do business with people who act childish or start pissing matches on the BOI...it speaks volumes about a persons character and how they will treat you in the event IF there is a problem with a purchase or trade.

Old 03-19-2012, 02:16 AM   #53
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behmfamily View Post
James,

That section that you looked at is for species identification and care sheets, not animals for sale. Animals for sale are listed in the Store or in Kingsnake.com ads. I'll chalk this up to too much St. Patrick's Day celebrating.

Mitch

To be fair to James, you already have care sheets under the information tab on your website. It states click link for care sheets where it brings you to another site. So, it wasn't that big of a leap to assume the "Animal" tab was for something other than care sheets.

Also to be fair to you, it seems you just copied all the different species you could find to put under the tab. It's understandable that you didn't know that nobody would need that care sheet. When your uneducated on what you're writing and coping, mistakes happen.

James, I don't think he actually had any idea to the status Tiliqua adelaidensis and probably thought he could find and sell them. Just like the fact that he was trying to illegal sell rubber boas in that old thread. He just doesn't fully educate himself about what he his selling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasBilly
Once again a thread has been hijacked and has morphed into a forum for settling or airing old feuds/gripes. How 'bout moving this little turf war to text messages etc. so the rest of us who have no dog in the fight can glean info that is actually germane to the initial posting? All of this piling on makes it tough for the neutral reader to get through it all.
Bill

I would agree with that to some extent but when you have the subject of thread caring on the discussions and trading barbs with others it allows a lot of insight. After all, the thread is about him and how he responds to others I would think that would be somewhat on-topic.

It gave me some insight. Particularly the post about undercutting all the breeders, flippers and importers by selling the cheapest hatchlings you can buy.

I've been around long enough to see many come and go. It is always the guy with the loudest mouth bragging about how much he sells (volume not quality) that is around for the short term and the dollar is the bottom-line not the hobby. It could just be the people bragging usually stretch the truth a little. Regardless, it just personally rubs me the wrong way.

Again to be fair here, I don't think Mitch intended anything illegal or deceitful. It was just ignorance. After-all, when it is about the dollar and telling everyone what a big deal you are, you have to have that exciting webpage with all kinds of information on it you know nothing about. Who has time to research anything?

Old 03-19-2012, 02:16 AM   #54
Behmfamily
The idea has always been to increase the number of hobbyists, not to make money. There has always been a negative rap on imports even though that's the way the hobby grew away from native species. Mostly, its been a ploy to raise selling prices and make a greater profit. FB doesn't mean WC and CB in Indo is good enough for me.

I don't believe that the founding stock for either Wes' False Water Cobras or James with his Tiliqua were native species. That's the issue; hypocracy.

Mitch

Old 03-19-2012, 02:40 AM   #55
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
The idea has always been to increase the number of hobbyists, not to make money. There has always been a negative rap on imports even though that's the way the hobby grew away from native species. Mostly, its been a ploy to raise selling prices and make a greater profit. FB doesn't mean WC and CB in Indo is good enough for me.

I don't believe that the founding stock for either Wes' False Water Cobras or James with his Tiliqua were native species. That's the issue; hypocracy.

Mitch

I agree with part of that. Imports and the history but not the rest. Imports haven't always had a negative "rap". They were a necessity. I think everyone
with any time in this hobby appreciates that.

Breeders took the time to educate themselves on the different species and specialized in care and propagation by species. It's not hypocrisy. Knowledge has just moved forward and quality of the animals have improved where many imports are simply not needed in most species commonly worked with. Not all but most. I don't think anyone here was bagging on imports in general just deceptive practices.

But since you brought this up

Quote:
Mostly, its been a ploy to raise selling prices and make a greater profit.

In general with many species, When you are trying to refine a project and produce quality not quantity it isn't hype. There is a difference between customer bases here. That line of thinking is for people interested selling quantity to someone who wants that item. That's how you sell 800 generic low cost hatchlings a year.

Captive-born prorogation by quality breeders is done to promote certain aspects and that customer base is completely different. That's not hype but a discerning buyer.

Old 03-19-2012, 02:50 AM   #56
Dennis Hultman
I hit post by accident when I went to preview but I will just finish with that there is a place in this hobby/business for cb, cbb and imports. Problems usually only happen when someone is deceitful are tries blur the lines on what role they are playing.

Old 03-19-2012, 09:54 AM   #57
Wilomn
The name itself is misleading. From what I understand, they don't breed a whole lot themselves.

Something more along the lines of Global Flippers would be more appropriate.

And this isn't to smear guys that flip reptiles. I do it myself. I just don't make allusions to having produced that which I haven't. What mitch does is sort of skirting the line of honesty and of course, when he's really cornered, he'll say whatever he thinks will make him look good. It's REAL important to mitch that he LOOK good.

Old 03-19-2012, 11:06 AM   #58
Behmfamily
"From what you understand..." LOL. Whatever isn't produced here is clearly identified as to its origin. I very happy to offer high-quality animals from foreign breeders.

I care about my public image from real hobbyists and potential customers, not mass-posters with an agenda.

Fortunately, no one cares about your opinion and I'm always willing to address your baseless accusations here in the BOI.

Mitch

Old 03-19-2012, 04:50 PM   #59
Wilomn
Quote:

Fortunately, no one cares about your opinion and I'm always willing to address your baseless accusations here in the BOI.

Mitch
Nice sidestep there mitchy. Can you find any baseless accusations I've made?

We know you're a liar.

We know you think you can buy your way into any and everything. In large part, you can.

But what we also know is that deep down, you're just not that great a guy. You keep trying to cast aspersions upon me, but since I aspire to nothing, and your lame attempts to make me look poorly fail miserably, I consider the source, most likely a trust fund baby surrounded by people who stroke your mighty ego leaving you scant opportunity to actually see what people like Dennis and James and myself are really saying about you. You scratch the surface and away you go, deep as a newly minted dime.

Old 03-19-2012, 05:02 PM   #60
WebSlave
Warning: If this is related to business transactions, then it may continue in this vein, but if the subject matter of continued postings is more directed towards PERSONAL issues, then this just is not the venue for that kind of a discussion. Any such postings will be considered as PERSONAL attacks and incur relevant infractions.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!