Bad Guy James Nicard skink Breeder - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-31-2014, 08:31 AM   #11
Lucille
Mike

Is one of them still alive?

Old 01-31-2014, 08:51 AM   #12
Cyclosaura
I found his member profile. Looks like he deals with snakes, boas and monitors as well.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...r.php?u=125566

Old 01-31-2014, 07:16 PM   #13
jimnic23@gmail.com
The reason mike will not reciieve refund is he never at any point complied with my request for bodies .keep giving me excuses of why he hadnt sent them back yet and. Kept requesting payment bf bodies and i told him ,simply needed bodies didnt care how he ship them back .he never wanted to send back until over a month later.not sure what he is trying to pull almost 2 months now and he acting like its my fault and harrassing me .iv talked to him several times and he makes excuses and then keeps asking for address like he dont have it gave it too him on the phone and also was on box they were shipped in.
I told him i would refund momey not two months later .he didnt email me for weeks and then decides he ready to handle it now .this is a scam and dont know how he exspects a refund aost 2 moths later .i habe shipped tons of reptiles never had a problem bf and only do positive buissness and any one who has ever traded or purchased from me knows that .i make customers that come back bc quality and service i provide and quick and easy transactions.The prob here is mike and tried several times and gave him ample time to comply and he didnt . Thanks Jim

Old 01-31-2014, 07:36 PM   #14
j_dunlavy
Jim, can you post screenshots of the emails between you and mike?
the ones mike posted are difficult to read and may not have all the info.

In Jim's defense, some breeders do want the bodies sent back (but some accept photos); within a reasonable amount of time that is. If I was a seller that had requested the bodies back I would not issue a refund until I got the bodies back, and I would have to draw the line if too much time had gone by without receiving them. Jim did offer a refund pending the return of the bodies.

In Mike's defense, the box was too small for what was being shipped; I have received single baby ball pythons in bigger boxes than that, and the hot or cold pack was always separated from the animal by some newspaper padding.

Old 01-31-2014, 07:44 PM   #15
laterob
Yeah, there seems to be a gap between Jan. 3 and 20. Some of the email content appears to be missing.

Old 01-31-2014, 07:51 PM   #16
jimnic23@gmail.com
If it isnt a scam why is my comment gone and i respond tons of times no reason why it took so long and i only had one simple demand and he would of reciebe a refund. Deff not to months later

Old 01-31-2014, 07:52 PM   #17
jimnic23@gmail.com
Correct

Old 01-31-2014, 07:59 PM   #18
j_dunlavy
I don't know if I would call it a scam, just seems like Mike has let things go too long. If he wanted his money back that urgently he would have sent the bodies right away. pretty simple imo.

Old 01-31-2014, 08:46 PM   #19
Iraqvet
Does anyone believe that the 3 pictured are not dead?..James, why such a small box?..That seems like you didn't care at all about how you shipped them, and makes the heat pack issue very plausible..Would you refunded him shipping for sending them back?..If not, I wouldn't have either..Its clear they arrived dead...

Old 02-01-2014, 03:09 AM   #20
chazzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iraqvet View Post
Does anyone believe that the 3 pictured are not dead?..James, why such a small box?..That seems like you didn't care at all about how you shipped them, and makes the heat pack issue very plausible..Would you refunded him shipping for sending them back?..If not, I wouldn't have either..Its clear they arrived dead...
My thoughts exactly! What makes you believe Mike is trying to scam you other than not complying with your demands for him to ship the dead skinks back to you right away? Because the way it looks to me is you're grasping at straws looking for a way to get out of refunding Mike. Your reasons for not sending the refund are petty no matter how strongly you feel about them. When you compare the fact that 3 out of the 4 skinks were DOA, which you were notified about and received photographic evidence, to Mike being hesitant about spending more money to ship the carcasses prior to a refund, is comparing apples to oranges. There's definitely something very wrong here and it has nothing to do with Mike not shipping the dead skinks back immediately.

You should have sent him a shipping label for the DOA's to be shipped back to you. Mike shouldn't have to spend another dime on this deal, it's not his fault they arrived dead. This problem rests on your shoulders James and you seem to be reaching for any excuse to get out of refunding him his money which he is owed, no question about that. Unless of course you have strong evidence that the skinks in the photos are not the animals you sent or you believe they're still alive is another issue. But you have not stated or contested those claims, only that Mike has taken to long to send them back to you. Really, how is this a scam on Mike's part?

Also your claims of being a great seller and having repeat customers has no bearing on this situation. Mike still paid for 4 skinks in which 3 arrived dead and now you are refusing to take responsibility and refund him. How can you justify this? Have you shipped other animals that arrived DOA and the customers shipped the bodies back to get their refund? Or is this the first time you have had to deal with a situation like this? Was that the box you shipped them in, I'm assuming it was because you didn't say it wasn't. That box was way to small obviously, since 3 skinks died in transit due to improper packaging. Did you ever tell Mike that you won't refund him unless you receive the bodies back by a certain date? Or did you just decide that to much time had passed when he said he would ship them?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!