Bad Guy Andrew Schnell - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-31-2015, 12:48 AM   #41
SirenSanJose
Sadly, I'm the friend in question, and I feel awful about it.

I've done business with Andrew off and on for years, some in person because he was local to, and I still order my Pangea through him. I have always gotten it quickly until now.

He made a post on his facebook page late one evening offering a 20% off sale, and I got ahold of him and paid him for a 4lb bag. He said "pass the savings on, if you have any friends needing some send them my way, I'll honor the special for 24 hours." So I offered his info to quite a few friends in a local FB group, and several including Marissa and Chandra took him up on it.

A few days later I saw him posting wanting to trade or buy some ball pythons, contacted him via FB IM about a possible trade, got some pictures for him, and ... haven't heard a word since.

The last week or two I've been getting questions from my friends, since I endorsed him and have a business history with him -- did you get your Pangea, have you heard from him? Sadly, the answers are "no" and "no".

I have no idea what's happening with Andrew, and my sincerest apologies to those he burned through me. I've never had any trouble at all with him before, and I would have never suggested the deal if I didn't believe he would honor it in good faith.

Old 01-31-2015, 12:50 AM   #42
SirenSanJose
*because he was local to ME

Old 01-31-2015, 12:56 AM   #43
Merissa
I have sent him an email, as another said that would be a good way to contact him. Other than that I'm not sure there's anything else I can do, I'll just end up losing my money... I have thought about reaching out to Pangea reptile themselves if he does not make everything right by the one month period. I think they should know how one of their vendors is treating customers.

Old 01-31-2015, 02:07 AM   #44
august quion
Same ride here from Andrew, ordered Pangea, Jan 5, because of the sale and free shipping, no shipment no Pangea no contact since Jan 14th. Filed paypal dispute Jan 29.

Old 01-31-2015, 09:00 AM   #45
zombiehun
If people are truly loosing sums of money in the hundreds and thousands, you need to report him to the WA Attorney General. Make sure you have ways to contact Andrew and his business info and location etc. because they're going to need that.

If enough people file a claim, it could be treated as a federal level case against him for fraud (no cost to you).

I'm only suggesting this for those that havent received a refund and don't want to eat their $20 loss.

Hopefully Paypal will honor our claims.

Old 01-31-2015, 10:39 AM   #46
Merissa
Andrew had me send my money as friends and family on PayPal so he wouldn't have to get charged the fee. So sadly, I can't get my money back at all forcefully. PayPal won't do anything.

Old 01-31-2015, 10:59 AM   #47
seanleigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merissa View Post
Andrew had me send my money as friends and family on PayPal so he wouldn't have to get charged the fee. So sadly, I can't get my money back at all forcefully. PayPal won't do anything.
He did the same thing with me…

Old 01-31-2015, 11:06 AM   #48
Merissa
I have sent an email to him last night asking for a refund. Other than that I have used all other ways to contact him I have, with no results. I have always purchased straight through the company itself and I'll contine to do so from now on.

Old 01-31-2015, 11:47 AM   #49
frogmom
I ordered 4 reptiledges thru Andrew Schnells page New Caledonia Northwest on 12/28/2014. The site indicated there were only 4 available. I paid the same day thru PayPal. Did not receive any notice of order being processed. I sent a PM to Andrew on 1/2/2015 asking if he rec'd order. He did respond within the hour that he and girlfriend had been very busy. apologized and stated he would send right away. EXCEPT - he only had 2 reptiledges. We agreed on other merchandise to cover the $48. I waited until 1/16/2015 and sent another PM with no response. I advised PayPal. They were unable to contact him so the inquiry escalated immediately to a claim on 1/17/2015. My refund was posted by PayPal on 1/20/2015 to my credit card. ( screen shot attached ) The refund is evidence of non shipment and noncompliance by Andrew for my goods.
Attached Images

Old 01-31-2015, 01:15 PM   #50
Merissa
I have been in contact with Matthew Parks. He said he was made aware of Andrew scamming people earlier last month and cancelled his vendor account with Pangea. He offered to send me my order and apologized greatly. What a great guy.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!