Bad Guy Bigjoejr79 Joseph Lyons - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-17-2015, 12:47 PM   #31
Copperhead1121
Since i knew nothing about shipping at the time i thought it was correct as far as shipping under 40 degrees but i saw a lot on here shipping in lower temps. Then i was told they were closed on MLK day but FedEx website said they were open and under normal shipping and receiving hours on that day. He has text since this post saying he could have money to me by Feb 21st via money gram. We shall see if he comes through on this once again.

Old 02-17-2015, 12:57 PM   #32
Big Borg Reptiles
I honestly would not count on him sending you the money back, no matter what he says. It's a pretty classic scammer move (from what I've seen on here anyway) to keep promising a refund and string it out long enough that you can't find them again. If I were you I would keep my fingers crossed but pursue other avenues of attaining the refund in the meantime.

Just be glad it was only about $100, I've seen people screwed out of ten times that. The BOI is your best friend when dealing with reptile sales online, I highly recommend checking here first if you decide to send money to someone again. I'm lucky in that I've never had an issue yet but I also do my research beforehand.

Old 02-17-2015, 01:00 PM   #33
Copperhead1121
Yeah i'll definitely be checking people out more. It was only $150 but when you have 6 kids and one on the way coming up with extra for reptiles isn't too easy. lol. Lesson learned for sure. Still a lot of good people on here though so hopefully can do more business in the future on here.

Old 02-17-2015, 01:25 PM   #34
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copperhead1121 View Post
Still a lot of good people on here though
Very true! The "bad guys" get a lot of publicity because they usually invoke deep emotional responses. There are however, a lot of wonderful, hard working, honest people here that successfully buy and sell daily without any problems whose stories are simply less sensational.

Scammers/thieves are not exclusive to the reptile world, it happens everywhere. Lessons learned here are applicable across many of life's adventures. You might be surprised to learn that most of us who despise scammers the most and proactively go after them, where at some point in our lives scammed too.

Old 02-17-2015, 01:27 PM   #35
Big Borg Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Walker View Post
Very true! The "bad guys" get a lot of publicity because they usually invoke deep emotional responses. There are however, a lot of wonderful, hard working, honest people here that successfully buy and sell daily without any problems whose stories are simply less sensational.

Scammers/thieves are not exclusive to the reptile world, it happens everywhere. Lessons learned here are applicable across many of life's adventures. You might be surprised to learn that most of us who despise scammers the most and proactively go after them, where at some point in our lives scammed too.

Old 02-17-2015, 03:32 PM   #36
Copperhead1121
Yeah i definitely agree as well. Thanks for the responses and taking time to read through everything on this.

Old 02-23-2015, 10:24 AM   #37
Copperhead1121
I just wanted to update this thread since more has happened. I received a text from 803-387-4570 stating it was Joseph and he was trying to refund me my money. He stated he could either mail money order again since the first was apparently returned or get through money gram by Fed 21st. I agreed to money gram. He then text me again Wed Feb 18th asking me to send info again and he would be trying to send money Thursday or Friday. I sent the info once again and text Sat asking when to expect money and then again that afternoon after no response. I then received a text Sunday morning stating at noon Sunday. At noon at i asked for confirmation number and never received another message. I then advised i would be updating the BOI with his information. Hopefully this will stop someone else from being scammed by this guy. His name is Joseph Michael Lyons Jr and his fiance is Krystle Michelle Bair both which were found on facebook. The address i have was old of 156 Shamrock Rd Neeses, SC 29107. The old number i had for him is 803-747-3315. I was then given a new address of 10391 Charleston Hwy Bowman SC 29018. Hope this helps someone else in the future.Of course if i need to post any of the recent texts i would be more than happy to do so.

Old 02-23-2015, 11:45 AM   #38
Robert Walker
Just to add a couple of items:
1. Joseph Lyons (JL) lied on his profile using "Lions" as his last name.
2. JL has been notified via email multiple times about the BOI threads.
3. A BOI notice was placed on his fiance's FB page. (Feb 13th)
4. As a reminder to readers, this is one of JL's last comments on Fauna:
On 1/28/16 Joseph said, "if u want a refund no problem ill have ur refund in a few days."
5. Email: bigjoejr79@aol.com
6. Born: May 1979

Joseph Michael Lyons Jr
https://www.facebook.com/joseph.lyons.16144

Fauna Account: bigjoejr79
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...r.php?u=148171
Attached Images

Old 02-23-2015, 11:48 AM   #39
Big Borg Reptiles
I love that he has a tattoo that says "only god can judge me"

Old 02-23-2015, 11:48 AM   #40
Robert Walker
http://mugshots.com/US-Counties/Sout...s.1243729.html
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!