Bad Guy Avoid Steven Patterson (Apex Reptile Center) at all costs! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-13-2015, 09:39 PM   #11
Apex Reptiles
Kink*

Old 02-14-2015, 03:42 PM   #12
ElexisC
Makes you wonder why they didn't post proof.

Old 02-14-2015, 06:02 PM   #13
juliasara
Any pictures of the tail kink? So far the only one who posted proof of the geckos tails condition was the seller and it looks normal to me. I'm not saying it doesn't have a tail kink but it's hard to decide who is right in this situation when only one side posts proof.

Old 02-15-2015, 08:58 PM   #14
AphroditeGeckos
Sorry for not replying to anyone, this weekend was pretty busy for me.

The male didn't have a kink in the picture from TWO days before he delivered to me. When we met up, he was in his car, just rolled the window down and gave me the gecko and said if I had any other questions to just text him and left all fast. Even my aunt said he didn't seem right. The female is 25 grams, not ready to breed yet. The male is 18 grams and definitely not ready to breed but he admitted to breeding him to one of his females, don't you people know that breeding a gecko to young or skinny can cause problems with growth?

The day he delivered to me was the 12th and he sent me that photo on the 10th. He was in a big hurry that night to get them to me because he had to be at a work meeting and I told him that if he didn't have time to just go to his meeting because I didn't want him to rush. He came anyway and he could have smashed the males tail on accident being in a hurry, I didn't even take them out of their deli cups or look at them because I was running errands so they were sitting on the back seat of my aunts car while we went doing our errands and we were gone for a good 2 hours and then when I got home I had to eat dinner so they sat on my bed THEN I went and looked at them and weighed them, then noticing that the male's tail was all crooked when I put him on the scale.

Old 02-15-2015, 10:32 PM   #15
ladyfett
In order for you to be taken seriously at this point after Apex has come and given his side of the story, you should probably post some pictures of the supposed tail kink and any other evidence that you're claiming against him. Just my .02 cents..

Old 02-15-2015, 10:46 PM   #16
jusmebabee
Quote:
Originally Posted by AphroditeGeckos View Post
Sorry for not replying to anyone, this weekend was pretty busy for me.

The male didn't have a kink in the picture from TWO days before he delivered to me. When we met up, he was in his car, just rolled the window down and gave me the gecko and said if I had any other questions to just text him and left all fast. Even my aunt said he didn't seem right. The female is 25 grams, not ready to breed yet. The male is 18 grams and definitely not ready to breed but he admitted to breeding him to one of his females, don't you people know that breeding a gecko to young or skinny can cause problems with growth?

The day he delivered to me was the 12th and he sent me that photo on the 10th. He was in a big hurry that night to get them to me because he had to be at a work meeting and I told him that if he didn't have time to just go to his meeting because I didn't want him to rush. He came anyway and he could have smashed the males tail on accident being in a hurry, I didn't even take them out of their deli cups or look at them because I was running errands so they were sitting on the back seat of my aunts car while we went doing our errands and we were gone for a good 2 hours and then when I got home I had to eat dinner so they sat on my bed THEN I went and looked at them and weighed them, then noticing that the male's tail was all crooked when I put him on the scale.
If the person doesn't even want to get out the car then they don't want my money.
If they try to hand it to me thru a half rolled down window then i don't extend my hand i just go back to my car and leave.

Meeting in person is supposed to benefit you the buyer. It really make s it hard for you to have a case when you meet in person as the assumption is you looked it over and were satisfied with it.

Old 02-15-2015, 11:27 PM   #17
Apex Reptiles
Female wasn't sold as ready to breed. Was sold as nearly ready to breed. The male isn't to small to breed. People breed as soon as they are able too. He locked up, To me he was ready. I know people breeding female at 32-34 grams. Therefore in my eyes, the female is almost ready to breed. As far as the kink, I'm more careful than that. I wouldn't risk the animals health for me being in a hurry. I dropped it off flawless. I offered you to switch it out for a credit of $200 on available geckos. I try to keep the peace but you seem to not understand how much I care about my animals. Many people can vouche for my animals and how much I actually care. Just like people can vouche for you on your end. I know that tail wasn't on my end, but I will take the male back and give you another gecko at $200 value.

Old 02-16-2015, 12:15 AM   #18
AphroditeGeckos
I had already made my last payment the night of February 10th when he was supposed to deliver them, but again something came up so I asked him if we could reschedule.

Here are the pictures. I put them in my iPhoto to show you when each one was taken. The one from him and then the one from me the night he delivered them to me.

Also, the male could have damaged him tail on his own in his cage and Steven may not have noticed it. I'm not a liar and I didn't do ANYTHING to him. I'm keeping them both as I think they may be able to make some awesome babies in the future. I think any Crested Gecko breeder would tell you the same thing about breeding a male at 18 grams. They have to be 30+ grams just like a female or you can damage their growth.

I texted him at 10 pm about the tail. Here are the screen shots.

And here is just what my friend of Griffin Geckos told me when he told me about the breeding at 18 grams.

Old 02-16-2015, 12:49 AM   #19
nickolasanastasiou
Has he gone off feed?

Old 02-16-2015, 02:13 AM   #20
AphroditeGeckos
What do you mean?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!