Bad Guy Avoid Howard Leong of HC Premium reptiles - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-14-2015, 06:37 AM   #21
hleong
Now Brandon, if you will forward me your PayPal account, I will immediately forward you the payment of $250. I will of course include paypal's service charges. I will then immediately post a snap shot of the transaction here for all to see.

Old 02-14-2015, 09:45 AM   #22
NTReptiles
Brandon, you sound like a cry baby to me. What else do you want from him? Obviously since you didn't get a necropsy done on the dead snake, no one can know for sure what happened. But the only "proof" in this thread is from Howard, which shows him promptly attempting to solve the problem. This did not deserve a bad guy thread.....

Old 02-14-2015, 12:08 PM   #23
Snake-Queen
Howard, I do not see you being a bad guy in all of this. When Brandon became upset about the cash difference, you immediately offered it straight up, with no additional costs to him. I call that a good guy move.

It seems that Brandon is more upset at the fact that you valued the spider banana at $250. I have seen the price of bananas fall quickly over the past few months, so $250 is not unreasonable or low.

If anything, Brandon is coming off as a difficult customer.

Old 02-14-2015, 12:42 PM   #24
hleong
Thank you NTReptiles and Snake-Queen for your comments. No a necropsy was not done and I did not request one nor was it bought up. The animal was fine in my care and Brandon had a chance to see him, hold and exam him before taking him. However the fact remains that he did die and that was totally unacceptable to me. I did not request nor require proof, his word was good enough, I just wanted to make it right and compensate him for the lost. And yes, banana males are that cheap now.

Old 02-14-2015, 01:14 PM   #25
Otter_23
Do you have any proof of the deceased snake? A photo perhaps?

Old 02-14-2015, 01:16 PM   #26
Otter_23
Sorry just read your last post. I would like to see proof in the form of a photo from Brandon.

Old 02-16-2015, 05:23 PM   #27
Ridge Runner_20
I have done business with Howard in the past and even been to his house. I can tell you that his animals are top-notch and I've found him to be a very stand-up guy. I have many friends who would all say the same.

Brandon, there is simply no more that *could* be done to rectify the situation! He never questioned you, doubted you, and immediately sought to make the situation right. At this point, the only harm being done is to any reputation you may have or are trying to build. Take a step back for a minute, review the texts, and think again about how you're "getting screwed". The evidence is simply not there...

RR_20 (Mike)

Old 02-17-2015, 12:26 AM   #28
Skinker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider624 View Post
I asked him on site if the banana was eating on its own since it was smaller than any snake on the table. He assured me he ate at least 3 meals on his own, and he came from a small clutch. Considering this was a breeder to breeder trade, I assumed he had no reason to BS me.
Maybe I'm reading too much into it but this quote just oozes shady to me. You think honesty is only required in breeder to breeder trades? It's ok to lie to the dumb customers, nobody would dare take another breeder for a sucker?

Old 02-17-2015, 07:43 PM   #29
doc1975
I'm glad i'm not the only one that caught this! Its a shame to open a bad guy thread on someone that clearly isn't deserving of it. Shame on the OP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinker View Post
Maybe I'm reading too much into it but this quote just oozes shady to me. You think honesty is only required in breeder to breeder trades? It's ok to lie to the dumb customers, nobody would dare take another breeder for a sucker?

Old 02-22-2015, 06:24 AM   #30
Tsquier
Hi! I just wanted to get a good guy post in here as well. I bought a boa from Howard last year. He was very easy to work with and my girl came healthy, hungry and is growing beautifully!

Anyone who has dealt with BPs know how finicky they can be. There are so many factors that can go in to them refusing a meal. What were the temps? The humidity? Maybe it was a shy eater? I have a BP that will only take f/t rats, after dark and no one can be around! She's a pain! Anyway, sorry you got a bad guy tag Howard. Hope things get straightened out. And I hope to buy from you again in the future!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!