Bad Guy Avoid Howard Leong of HC Premium reptiles - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-22-2015, 07:44 PM   #31
Snake-Queen
Even more telling about the OP, is the fact that he has made the initial post and has not commented further.

Old 02-22-2015, 09:25 PM   #32
hleong
Thank you everyone for your comments. I did reach out and contact Brandon several days ago, again asking him for his PayPal information so that I could compensate him for his lost. I was told in no uncertain terms that he does not want my money. As he replied, he makes plenty of money, to keep it, that it will not buy him another spider banana but that it will hopefully buy me some integrity. Unfortunately there will be those few times when a transaction does not go smoothly but to have been blasted on this site, have my integrity questioned when all I tried to do when this went down was to try and make it right and to reimburse him for the lost is a first for me.

Old 02-23-2015, 01:29 AM   #33
Valor
I generally lurk here more than post. However, I do want to say that I think you handled things pretty reasonably, Howard. You were calm and willing to work out any issues the OP had.

That all said, I do agree that $250 seems low for a banana spider. The few I have seen listed recently are in the $400 range. Still doesn't warrant a bad guy thread, in my opinion, though.

Old 02-23-2015, 01:41 AM   #34
LauraB
Quote:
As he replied, he makes plenty of money, to keep it, that it will not buy him another spider banana but that it will hopefully buy me some integrity
From what has been presented, you do not need to buy integrity, Howard. You have been more than cooperative and generous in attempting to rectify the situation.

Perhaps Brandon should research the BP market and exercise a little maturity in the future.

Thanks for posting the texts, Dan.

Old 02-23-2015, 11:56 AM   #35
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valor View Post
That all said, I do agree that $250 seems low for a banana spider. The few I have seen listed recently are in the $400 range. Still doesn't warrant a bad guy thread, in my opinion, though.
That may be retail price, not a vendor to vendor price.

I like most vendors will sell my animals, to other vendors, below retail value. So IMO, $250 is on target for a vendor to vendor transaction.

Also, there has been no proof that the snake is actually deceased ...

If I was in the market for BPs, I would buy from Howard in a heartbeat.

Old 02-23-2015, 02:17 PM   #36
Valor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake-Queen View Post
That may be retail price, not a vendor to vendor price.

I like most vendors will sell my animals, to other vendors, below retail value. So IMO, $250 is on target for a vendor to vendor transaction.

Also, there has been no proof that the snake is actually deceased ...

If I was in the market for BPs, I would buy from Howard in a heartbeat.
Absolutely. I don't think I'd hesitate to buy from Howard, either. His customer service when things went bad was very impressive, as was how he has handled himself here.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!