whats everyones opinion of the scalless cornsnakes? - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-07-2011, 02:09 PM   #31
Classic Dum's
Quote:
Originally Posted by annmikeal View Post
They are very pricey, but right now they are something new And the people with the money are the ones that are buying the animals... but overall if I had the money, I would buy one too
outstanding

the $ is unreal but when they come down keep an eye out cause they are cool snakes totally unique

Old 03-07-2011, 02:10 PM   #32
annmikeal
When I worked with them, it reminded me of a really old person skin... I know that sounds bad, but it was like a 90 year old grandma's arm... They were just funny looking to me

Old 03-07-2011, 02:12 PM   #33
Classic Dum's
Quote:
Originally Posted by DISCERN View Post
I actually think they are quite ugly, in my opinion. Way too pricey as well, but alas, that is how the human race works. Something different, just for the sake of being different, will be looked at as the " next cool thing ", and loads of money will be spent to " have something different! "

A normal $10 corn is by far, a much more gorgeous animal, and money better spent.

Just my opinion.
they are alot cooler im person, they dont photograph well

Old 03-07-2011, 02:16 PM   #34
Classic Dum's
Quote:
When I worked with them, it reminded me of a really old person skin... I know that sounds bad, but it was like a 90 year old grandma's arm... They were just funny looking to me
honestly i think thats fair, they do sorta have that dry wrinklie feelin to them

Old 03-07-2011, 02:27 PM   #35
annmikeal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Dum's View Post
outstanding

the $ is unreal but when they come down keep an eye out cause they are cool snakes totally unique
I did however see a scaleless texas rat at the Sarasota Repticon for $700.00! Just dont have that kind of dough either, lol

Old 03-07-2011, 03:04 PM   #36
Classic Dum's
Quote:
I did however see a scaleless texas rat at the Sarasota Repticon for $700.00! Just dont have that kind of dough either, lol
ya thats actaully a good deal though everyopnes price list there 1200-1500, i understand what your sayn, took a long time f savn to afforewhat i got

Old 03-07-2011, 04:00 PM   #37
KelliH
Quote:
why not? dont find scaleless attravtive?
Nah, not these. Plus they are not pure corns, they are Texas Rat Snake crosses from what I recall. To each his own though. I like some mutants that I am sure not everyone would! You asked for opinions... ;-)

Old 03-07-2011, 04:09 PM   #38
Payara
Personally I don't like them, they remind me of silkie dragons. I feel kinda bad for it crawling around naked, I would hate to be naked everywhere I go. But I guess I'm biased (not a fan of rats, corns,or balls pythons).

Old 03-07-2011, 05:48 PM   #39
Classic Dum's
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliH View Post
Nah, not these. Plus they are not pure corns, they are Texas Rat Snake crosses from what I recall. To each his own though. I like some mutants that I am sure not everyone would! You asked for opinions... ;-)
Texas rat crosses? is that rumor or something someone can prove? between mine and the others ive seen first hand i havnt seen anything that would lead me to believe they got texas rat in them, if that is something thaT can be proven ill hit the roof

Old 03-07-2011, 06:06 PM   #40
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Texas rat crosses? is that rumor or something someone can prove?
corn x emoryi hybrids

this thread:
http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/sho...=63920&page=23
post 223 and on is where I see that info

they originally came from a breeder in the UK (France?) I think? it's mentioned that is where BHB got their stock from.

just found that after a quick google search. I knew they are crosses but not sure where to go to find the original proof, I can look later when I have more time unless someone posts before I do.

look at their head/eye shape, they look like crosses

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!