Illegal plants - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Flora > Flora General Discussions

Notices

Flora General Discussions This will cover anything and everything you all wish to discuss about plants.

Old 12-20-2006, 08:52 PM   #11
CurtisF

Old 12-20-2006, 11:24 PM   #12
Schlyne
Unfortunately a lot of the plants are often grown in the national parks, destroying protected wildlife habit.

Old 02-10-2013, 07:57 AM   #13
allreptiles1966
Your stuff growing in the ditches and the fields is not marijuana. Its hemp(I know,Still marijuana)) and you will not get high on it ! This was a huge cash crop back many years ago. It was used for clothing and rope and many other products. This type of marijuana will not bud and give you what you smoke when buying or growing your own.
No,i havent tried it. And wouldnt try weed growing in a ditch or a field. There are many differences between Hemp and medical/pleasure marijuana. not hard to tell either.
I think its time to legalize this in more then 1 state. Imagine the taxes our country would make ? Debt would surely drop considerably ! Sick people could use it and not go to jail for it. Its a natural plant that does not need chemicals to produce a final product,so why illegal ? Really? And please, dont bug out if your a drinker saying"its legal. Alcohol kills many people daily !! Weed does not.

Old 02-10-2013, 08:08 AM   #14
allreptiles1966
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliH View Post
Interesting, all the people I have known that grew pot grew it indoors with all kinds of fancy lights, thermostats and fans. They call it hydroponic, or something like that ;-)

Growing indoors doesnt mean hydroponics. Hydroponics is using no soil or soil products,suspending a plant in a net pot or something like it over a reservoir that that has plumbing to bring the water/nutrient to the top of the plant and feeds it though a drip line. Hydroponics uses no dirt. Then we have aeroponics, which is the best way to go on certain types of plants.

People growing inside doesnt mean they are growing hydro. Just means indoor growing. Hydroponics is known to increase yield and lowers fruiting time. It will make your plants grow faster if you have it all tuned in. I grew several types of plants in hydro buckets,including a ghost Chili ( Bhut Jolokia ) pepper plant in 1 for close to 3 years and got many hundreds of peppers. The lights used most often is called a high pressure sodium and produces light from the red/orange spectrum. This is what produces your fruit and lets it mature. Yes,you can use a metal halide but it produces more a green/blue and is not best for fruiting. More for producing green leaf material.

My neighbors seen my plants in hydro and now 2 of them have bought buckets to grow in outside during the summer.

Happy growing of whatever you love to grow. try hydroponics outside,you'll love the results. You can make your own for about $25.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!