Sorry to be such a newbie...baby has stress marks most of the time? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-13-2009, 08:47 PM   #1
shelldom
Sorry to be such a newbie...baby has stress marks most of the time?

I've been doing a little research on stress marks, and now that I can recognize them, I realize that our little guy has them a lot of the time. He gets fed until he ignores the crickets several times a day, his temps are fine, etc. I just peeked in at him and he's got stress marks now but we havent bothered him for at least a couple hours, when we fed him last. Is this something serious I should worry about? He's very young, I'd say about 6 weeks at the absolute oldest. Thanks again for your help!
Also- this is a little off my original topic, but does anyone know where I can find some sample growth rate charts, so I have something to compare him to?

Old 05-13-2009, 09:44 PM   #2
Tere Salazar
Hey, you know what? Every single one of us on this site was a newbie at one time or another. It's nothing to apologize for.

Those stress marks can also be on a baby that's kept a bit different temp than what he prefers. You may want to try messing with his temps a few degrees this way, a few degrees that way, just as long as you're within "the range".

If you still think it's stress, it could be something as simple as him being housed in a busy room, such as the living room. You can try limiting what he sees by covering the glass with paper or putting him in a different room.

Babies are so difficult sometimes, but once you figure them out, it's all just fine. Just remember...what works for other dragons may not work for your guy. So make sure to try different things, and you will eventually find what it is he likes.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!