Reptster.com experience with show sponsorship not good - Page 12 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-18-2008, 12:55 PM   #111
jayefbe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie Reptiles View Post
I did not take over a show I started mine without begging for money from others.
I don't know why you have to say something like this. Kelly was trying to start her own reptile show, and it sounds like the majority of the money is coming out of her own pocket. It does not sound as though she was begging for money, but asking a fair price for services rendered.

So far, you have done nothing but throw insults at Kelly and have had nothing constructive or significant to say. It is unclear why you have this vendetta against Kelly, but your unfounded bias against Kelly is pathetic. Explain your differences in opinion and leave it at that. Don't attempt to undermine other people's worthy causes without reason, the only person it makes look bad is you.

Old 09-18-2008, 01:01 PM   #112
KelliH
Quote:
I did not take over a show I started mine without begging for money from others.
Was that really necessary?

Kelly, I hope you and David come to some sort of agreement on this.

Old 09-18-2008, 01:13 PM   #113
Suncoast Herpetological
Quote:
kelly, since you made assumptions about my business maybe you did change the price on David.And by the way I am left handed so I always come out of left field.
What kind of convoluted backwards ass logic is that? Trust me Terry, you are doing David no favors defending him with drivel like that.

Old 09-18-2008, 01:19 PM   #114
homegrownherps
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncoast Herpetological View Post
What kind of convoluted backwards ass logic is that? Trust me Terry, you are doing David no favors defending him with drivel like that.

Old 09-18-2008, 02:02 PM   #115
LakesideBoas
Quote:

That's great you were able to do that, Terry. I don't see where it has any bearing here. Sounds like sour grapes to me.

Old 09-18-2008, 02:12 PM   #116
LakesideBoas
Quote:
kelly, since you made assumptions about my business maybe you did change the price on David.And by the way I am left handed so I always come out of left field.

Definitely sour grapes.

Old 09-18-2008, 02:14 PM   #117
Kingetula
[quote=jusmebabee;627081]Who ships reptiles or anything else without getting paid first?

QUOTE]

LOL you would think no one but...

I have read this BIO forum and you would be surprised. I even think Rich Z(owner of this site) got burned trusting someone once if I recall. Didn't he have some add about it too.

Old 09-18-2008, 02:18 PM   #118
Kingetula
[quote=Kingetula;627413]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmebabee View Post
Who ships reptiles or anything else without getting paid first?

QUOTE]

LOL you would think no one but...

I have read this BIO forum and you would be surprised. I even think Rich Z(owner of this site) got burned trusting someone once if I recall. Didn't he have some add about it too.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=80246

It's been a year since I read this story but...

Old 09-18-2008, 03:26 PM   #119
Sweeney's Serpents
Terry has been putting on a nice show in Birmingham, Al for more years that I can remember. I always enjoy reading these thread that go off in different tangent and goes off topic.

At this point Repster has nothing to gain by showing up here. Congrats you have all bashed him. You will all get tired of interjecting your thoughts and go on with your lives. In the future it would probably be better to have a simple contract to cover both parties and not advertise until the money is in hand.

Bless you all

Scott Sweeney

Old 09-18-2008, 03:39 PM   #120
LakesideBoas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweeney's Serpents View Post
At this point Repster has nothing to gain by showing up here.
Even more customers?

Hmmm, seems like he'd want those....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweeney's Serpents View Post
In the future it would probably be better to have a simple contract to cover both parties and not advertise until the money is in hand.

Bless you all

Scott Sweeney

I agree. That still does not address this issue.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
david young, repster, reptster