Reptster.com experience with show sponsorship not good - Page 16 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-18-2008, 08:30 PM   #151
TylerStewart
Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaLuvHerps View Post
Tyler, here is my question for you on this:
Am I still supposed to have him ship me his materials for setting up at the show, set up, run his booth, take the time to pass out MORE advertising materials for him, tear down his booth, ship his materials back, and THEN wait for him to pay for things? The agreement was made for a certain amount of money (doesn't matter how much in the end), and it is for SPONSORSHIP. Yes, David agreed that he didn't mind paying a bit more BECAUSE we would have to do the extra work. HOW can the rest of the "work" be done if the show isn't here? Am I just supposed to TRUST that he would pay after the show at this point after no communication at all for so long? Am I supposed to WAIT for him to pay because the show isn't here yet so that I CAN finish the rest of the agreement? How am I supposed to even set up him shipping things to me when he doesn't have the time to take 2 minutes to send me an email saying he was confused about the sponsorship amount?
Do I feel he still owes the entire $750 since this work was not done? YES, I certainly do. He AGREED to that fee by replying to my inquiries about payment by first setting up a payment plan which I already spoke about, and then by saying he was sending a check on 9/3 after ONCE AGAIN being quoted the sponsorship fee. I did my part, or at least EVERYTHING that I could do for my part, and HE breached the contract, NOT ME. I would have continued to fulfill my end of the bargain had he done a single thing on his end, but he couldn't even find the time to put up a banner ad, much less send out a check as a partial payment for the services.

Kelly Kordek
No, you're not supposed to have him ship you the stuff, or anything else about the show, that's fine. Call it a done deal at this point, you have every right to. But really, this was nothing more than an inconvienence for you, and like I said before, you really don't have any money into it that you wouldn't have had in there anyways. People back out of things like this all the time. Is it an inconvienence? Sure it was, but you act like he ripped you off and owes you $750 when you haven't even done 3/4 of the things you and him supposedly agreed to on the phone. You now officially have put more time into this thread than you have lost in your and his transaction. I don't assume Dave is off the hook yet, since you did have his name on the flyers and the site, but realistically, do you think he owes you $750? Apparently you do.

This might be going out on a limb, but have you ever considered the fact that you might have benefitted from his name being on your flyer as much or more than he did by being on your website and some flyers? When Reptiles Magazine, Kingsnake.com, Zoo Med or any large company (and I tend to consider Reptster a large company) is put on a flyer, it gives THE SHOW SOME CREDIBILITY.

On top of all this, as was said before, you could have just waited on payment before listing him as a sponsor. Sure, we like to take people in the industry's word on things, but I think it should be just written down as a lesson learned. If you can get a few hundred bucks out of him for the flyers, more power to you.

Old 09-18-2008, 08:31 PM   #152
Suncoast Herpetological
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie Reptiles View Post
Yes and the check cashing customers agreed to pay 35% is that fair ? Probably not.
What?

Is there any other completely random irrelevant and nonsensical statement you can toss out as a red herring Terry? Dial back on the meds a bit

Old 09-18-2008, 08:34 PM   #153
jayefbe
While I don't agree with Tyler, at least he was able to make a competent post that stated his opinion as well as his reasoning behind his opinion. It wasn't just off-topic, condescending, pot-stirring blather.

Old 09-18-2008, 08:36 PM   #154
Dixie Reptiles
I give up,find David and hang him for this crime he has committed.

Old 09-18-2008, 08:38 PM   #155
ToshaMc
For what its worth I cant tell you how many times I've been told the check's in the mail and it never came. Couldn't even tell you in the past two weeks how many times I heard that payments were coming for this animal or that one. I'm sure I've dropped communication in the middle of a deal a time or two myself. It's just part of life.

I see, how many emails? from Kelly trying to chase down the money and getting no response -- at some point really early on I know I would have thought "hell I got better things to do" and moved on.

Is it Davids fault she jumped the gun?

Second half of the story would be nice.

If anyone is keeping score file me under: Don't know either part, but yes I'm quite happy with Reptsters service

Old 09-18-2008, 08:39 PM   #156
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEBEASTREPTIL View Post
No, you're not supposed to have him ship you the stuff, or anything else about the show, that's fine. Call it a done deal at this point, you have every right to. But really, this was nothing more than an inconvienence for you, and like I said before, you really don't have any money into it that you wouldn't have had in there anyways. People back out of things like this all the time. Is it an inconvienence? Sure it was, but you act like he ripped you off and owes you $750 when you haven't even done 3/4 of the things you and him supposedly agreed to on the phone. You now officially have put more time into this thread than you have lost in your and his transaction. I don't assume Dave is off the hook yet, since you did have his name on the flyers and the site, but realistically, do you think he owes you $750? Apparently you do.

This might be going out on a limb, but have you ever considered the fact that you might have benefitted from his name being on your flyer as much or more than he did by being on your website and some flyers? When Reptiles Magazine, Kingsnake.com, Zoo Med or any large company (and I tend to consider Reptster a large company) is put on a flyer, it gives THE SHOW SOME CREDIBILITY.

On top of all this, as was said before, you could have just waited on payment before listing him as a sponsor. Sure, we like to take people in the industry's word on things, but I think it should be just written down as a lesson learned. If you can get a few hundred bucks out of him for the flyers, more power to you.
I am more in line with this frame of mind.

Not everything was done, and therefore i dont think ALL that money is owed. Maybe compensation for services already preformed, but certainly not the whole 750.00. I think both parties can walk out of this happy, and with a good lesson learned.

I do agree that this should no longer be ignored or put off though. It should be addressed, and addressed immediately. A half hour of ones time is WORTH it for an entire reputation.

Old 09-18-2008, 08:40 PM   #157
Cat_72
Terry.....if there was a discrepancy in the pricing, David should have addressed it then instead of just saying he'd send a check for the payment. If he feels as you do, that the pricing wasn't "fair", he should have stopped things right there. But he didn't. And at this point, he still doesn't seem to be addressing it.

I'm not saying that he deserves to be "hanged", but he needs to get this straightened out. Ignoring it obviously hasn't worked for him so far.

Old 09-18-2008, 08:41 PM   #158
jayefbe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie Reptiles View Post
I give up,find David and hang him for this crime he has committed.
The sad part is that nobody is really disparaging David in this thread. Everyone just wants some kind of resolution, or at least a response from him about this matter. He's gotten much more of a benefit of the doubt compared to most people on here, and I believe it's due to his good reputation and the service he provides. Nobody wants this to get ugly. This could have been resolved long before this with just a little bit of effort on David's part.

Old 09-18-2008, 08:42 PM   #159
SPJ
David may not owe the full amount but he does owe for what has been done so far and at the very minimum, he owes and explanation of what happened to the promotor.

Right now his silence is working against him IMO.

Old 09-18-2008, 08:43 PM   #160
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToshaMc View Post
For what its worth I cant tell you how many times I've been told the check's in the mail and it never came. Couldn't even tell you in the past two weeks how many times I heard that payments were coming for this animal or that one. I'm sure I've dropped communication in the middle of a deal a time or two myself. It's just part of life.

I see, how many emails? from Kelly trying to chase down the money and getting no response -- at some point really early on I know I would have thought "hell I got better things to do" and moved on.

Is it Davids fault she jumped the gun?

Second half of the story would be nice.

If anyone is keeping score file me under: Don't know either part, but yes I'm quite happy with Reptsters service
Tosha....if a show is being planned, things HAVE to be done early. You can't wait til the last minute, and expect to have a successful show. I don't call this one "jumping the gun", I call it organized and well-thought out preparation to get a new show going. Big difference from the "check's in the mail" for an animal that was never shipped out scenario that keeps getting brought up.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
david young, repster, reptster