paypal FEE - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 02-15-2013, 09:04 PM   #1
mattsnake
paypal FEE

Paypal takes a decent amount for recieving a payment. Its definetly not a free service! What do they do with all the fee money they must collect???

Old 02-15-2013, 10:26 PM   #2
Stephen917
...send it to their families in Pakistan, what else?! I would love to know the same thing! Paypal whether buyer or seller is almost never a free to use service! I Hate Paypal. You should become a seller on Ebay, you'd see just how big a rip-off they truly are!

Old 02-15-2013, 11:06 PM   #3
AGoodwin
When you are a buyer making a purchase, you are NOT charged fees. I also know first hand that seller fees are not all that high. How do you think the company is going to pay to run itself? They have to pay for running their servers and employee payroll. If you don't like the fees, don't use paypal.

Old 02-16-2013, 09:56 AM   #4
TriangleReptiles
What does any for-profit company do with its income? They run the company, pay salaries and make a profit. They aren't, after all, a charity.

Old 02-16-2013, 10:16 AM   #5
Lucille
To be able to pay for an item safely, immediately, and without having to give out one's credit card number increases sales and commerce. I'm sure that the same people who steal and use credit /debit card information are constantly trying to hack into Paypal, so not only does Paypal have ordinary business expenses that most businesses have (payroll, equipment, etc.) they are also dealing directly with money transfers and have to deal with the very risks that they guarantee against for us.

Do people really expect companies to provide their services for free? Do those same people go to work every day and on Friday when payday rolls around go up to the main office and hand their paycheck back to their employers?

Old 02-16-2013, 12:43 PM   #6
WebSlave
Heck, can you imagine how many complaint issues they have to deal with on a daily basis? I wonder how many FULL TIME employees they have to have AND PAY a salary to, just to deal with that sort of stuff?

Old 02-16-2013, 02:32 PM   #7
rcarichter
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Heck, can you imagine how many complaint issues they have to deal with on a daily basis? I wonder how many FULL TIME employees they have to have AND PAY a salary to, just to deal with that sort of stuff?

Sounds pretty thankless. Who would be willing to do that?

Noelle

Old 02-16-2013, 04:26 PM   #8
hhmoore
The fee isn't all that high, especially when you look at the cost of accepting credit cards without them. The options for doing so, until fairly recently, were rather limited for small volume businesses.

Old 03-31-2013, 01:11 AM   #9
PsycHD_Student
The fees charged by many "offline" businesses are comparable to the PayPal fee. While debit card fees are generally cheaper, I don't believe those are often below 3% of the total transaction cost. At least that's how things were back when I had a real job, not a graduate student slave to a university

Old 04-18-2013, 09:22 PM   #10
Digby Rigby
When we originally started selling roaches, we only accepted postal money orders. Within a couple of tears we started taking paypal also. It has increased our income substantially by making payment options available to those who do not want to use postal money orders. Another advantage is that payment is instantaneous. With paypal, people pay us on the spot and orders get processed faster. We pay only 2.9% Thats less than credit card fees by at least half. We look at paypal fees as part of the expenses incurred doing business. When you create a selling price it should be based on your entire expenses to produce and bring to market, just like food, time, product and maintenence, so that when a price to the client is given you have factored in everything so that you can give a final price that is all inclusive. We do not add on charges to a price quote we even factor in shipping so that when you get a price from us its a total price, nothing extra to pay for. We do not like to say price and then add a charge for shipping.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!