Holy Crap - Someone Died - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 10-17-2012, 11:27 PM   #91
K412
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainDropExotics View Post
Webslave is my October hero.
Agreed.

Is this the proper place to discuss this matter? It's my understanding that this is for buyer and seller experiences and to offer insight to a seller before one chooses to do business with someone.

I personally am appalled with the OP and Mr. Tresser.

Old 10-17-2012, 11:29 PM   #92
K412
My apologies, my married name is Kelly James. I recently purchased two smooth sided toads from BSR and they arrived in perfect condition and are doing amazingly well. Ben is a good guy IMO.

Old 10-17-2012, 11:59 PM   #93
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by K412 View Post
Why be appalled with the OP? As far as a "General Business Discussion" goes, this thread has relevance. He can't be held responsible for how someone may choose to twist this situation to their benefit.

Old 10-18-2012, 06:43 AM   #94
BenSiegelReptiles
Thanks Kelly, but I dont think the original poster or the one after had malicious intent. It is a crazy story and made the rounds quickly. Hold no grudges to the op and appreciate your defending us.

Old 10-18-2012, 06:58 AM   #95
hhmoore
Quote:
Agreed.

Is this the proper place to discuss this matter? It's my understanding that this is for buyer and seller experiences and to offer insight to a seller before one chooses to do business with someone.

Actually, the general topic that was posted could have been (and was) posted in a number of our forums...but your understanding of this forum, as stated, is incorrect. This section is for general business topics. Discussing experiences with a specified buyer or seller, and the pre-purchase insights you referred to are strictly limited to the BOI.

Old 10-18-2012, 05:28 PM   #96
K412
I find it highly suspect that this thread occurred after Ben posted his unfortunate experience with Mr. Tresser. My thought is that the OP put it up in defense of or by request of Mr. Tresser as he appears to be of undesirable character.
If the OP is unaware of the unfortunate transaction, my apologies.
HH, I clicked the link and did not confirm the location of the thread before posting.

As far as the tragedy is concerned I believe that the reptile community should support one another as we all need support from time to time. When there is a loss of life, respect for the decedents loved ones in this difficult time should be in the forefront of our minds. We should use our fingers for sending condolence and support as opposed to becoming a bearer of bad tidings.

Kelly James

Old 10-18-2012, 05:47 PM   #97
hhmoore
Quote:
I find it highly suspect that this thread occurred after Ben posted his unfortunate experience with Mr. Tresser. My thought is that the OP put it up in defense of or by request of Mr. Tresser as he appears to be of undesirable character.
Once again, you are mistaken...this thread was posted 5 days BEFORE Ben posted his experience with Jerry Tresser.
I hope that, in the second sentence above, you are not suggesting that the OP is of undesirable character (which is sort of how it reads). I know the OP personally, and will certainly vouch for him.
Quote:
Again, at the time of his post, the other transaction hadn't been made public yet. Jerry Tresser didn't post in this thread until 2 days after Ben initiated the BOI thread.
Quote:
HH, I clicked the link and did not confirm the location of the thread before posting.
With all respect, you don't seem to confirm much before posting....
(at least not in this thread)

Old 10-18-2012, 05:52 PM   #98
WebSlave
Quote:

Kelly James
Warning: Of particular importance is why you signed that post with a name that differs from what you show in your profile ("Kelly Brown").

This does need to be resolved. False names in the profile NAME field are grounds for being banned from this site.

Old 10-18-2012, 05:53 PM   #99
Fangthane
Quote:
HH, I clicked the link and did not confirm the location of the thread before posting
I find it highly suspect that you can't seem to grasp the timeline. You may want to check the dates again. This thread was started 10-07-2012, well before Ben started Tresser's BOI thread on 10-12-2012. Not sure of exactly which orifice that you're pulling your perspective from, but I don't believe that SPJ had any malicious intent when he started this thread. And based on his previous posts, I think you'd have a hard time making the case that he's of "undesirable character".

Old 10-18-2012, 05:55 PM   #100
hhmoore
(post 92, Rich)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!