Vet is closed till Mon any advice will help!!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-29-2014, 11:56 PM   #1
MastaYoda
Vet is closed till Mon any advice will help!!!

I just rescued three beautiful beardies all have severe "nips" whole limbs missing. Right now i have them all in separate enclosures with soft shower towels as cushion due to having tile as my substrate. The lady said it was her sons dragons and they were supposed to be a pair of fems. Until she supposedly had 60 eggs in the enclosure w them and didnt even know!!! Instead of being a responsible pet owner and seeing she was not ready for that many babies she threw them all in together and thought only feeding them beardie bites and romaine twice a day and crix once a week was a great idea!!! Long story short i met w her picked up the three remaining injured beardies and just need some advice on how best to make them comfortable and help heal their injuries. Two are missing a front leg seem to be healing good have already lost the limb and are healing up ok. The third is a beautiful lil girl hypo sandfire tiger she is sooo sweet and stunning and despite missing an entire back leg and is now losing her other back leg she has great spirit and doesnt let thjis slow her down. Ive dealt with minor toe tail nips jus never anything this severe. I will post picks any advice with this matter will help tremendously!!! All i want is these lil guys to as happy, healthy and long lived as all my other beardies! Im a stay at home dad so i have all the time in the world to rehab them properly w some helpful advice from some fellow herpers!!! Thank you all so much for reading and helping in any way possible[IMG][/IMG] Ps i do have a GREAT reptile vet unfortunately cant be reached till Mon i did call two emergency clinics but as most of u know not alot of qualified reptile vets around these days that can be reached on weekends!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 03-30-2014, 12:06 AM   #2
MastaYoda
One last thing before anyones says something i do have a 48" uvb not pictured as the pics were taken while getting them set up!

Old 03-31-2014, 11:30 AM   #3
Snake-Queen
If you have some chlorhexidine, soak in a diluted solution and let air dry.

I feel so sad for those babies! Bless you for taking them in.

Old 03-31-2014, 12:02 PM   #4
MastaYoda
Thank you they seem to be doing great eating great and getting around well in fact the big ones hand just now fell off on its own i flushed it and put a thin layer of antibiotic cream on it i jus cant tell if her bone is exposed or its jus the wound taking her to vet this afternoon thank you again for responding

Old 03-31-2014, 12:43 PM   #5
Snake-Queen
You're welcome.
I hope they check out fine, aside from the obvious issues.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!