Does anyone know of any supplies company who will deal with home businesses ??? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 10-29-2004, 12:21 PM   #1
gemdreamer
Question Does anyone know of any supplies company who will deal with home businesses ???

Does anyone know of a Supplies distributor that will do business with someone whose business is home based?

I have a home based business selling reptiles and birds and im looking into a distributor who will sell to me, i have a tax id number and a sellers permit, the only thing is i do business out of my home and have a place at a large auction to sell.

I am looking into internet sells in the future, that is if i can find a distrubutor.

Any help would be great i am just starting this year with my business and would like to expand into Supplies.

Old 10-29-2004, 12:32 PM   #2
The Reptile House
Good Luck

I slipped into the door a few years ago with alot of companies out here in California but now I have refered alot of my friends to them and now they have gone back to you must have a retail store to be able to purchase from them. It is really hard to get set up without a reatil store but way to expensive to even own your own pad these days-the overhead and mark up would be way too high. There are companies that will take you in but you have to pick from them they will not ship or deliver.

Good luck, Shanell

Where do you auction/sell at?

Old 10-29-2004, 01:23 PM   #3
gemdreamer
I have place at the Roseville Auction, we have gotten alot of good response from individuals who have bought and just passed by. I even had a guy who was a member of a local reptile club, who heard we were selling there and came by to see how the animals looked.

I am slowly working to open a store in my town, since the one here does not carry much reptile items.

but i do have a couple of companies that will sell to me, the one distrubutor i called to see if they would sell to me. they told me that they couldnt sell to me, because i dont have a store and i dont have the overhead they do and its not fair to local stores. Please....money is money and they wouldnt even sell to me if i had an online store.....dont people realize that most of the people do their shopping online these days.....

sorry to go on about it, but i just need a supplier who can provide me with reptile supplies since this is what i sell.....

Thanks to anyone that can help.... you may email me if you dont want to disclose names on the forum....

Old 10-29-2004, 01:26 PM   #4
The Reptile House
Where exactly are you located? Southern or Northern. I have a list of Southern Locations but for pick up only but not sure where you are located?

Shanell

Old 10-31-2004, 11:29 PM   #5
gemdreamer
Im in northern california above sacramento

Old 11-04-2004, 05:40 AM   #6
MGReptiles
What type of supplies are you looking for? I have several contacts..

Old 01-30-2005, 01:35 AM   #7
Andrew360
Quote:
Originally Posted by justcage
What type of supplies are you looking for? I have several contacts..
Can you please forward me the contacts for tanks, reptiles, and food. Thanks.
e-mail - ajlee1980@yahoo.com

Old 01-30-2005, 01:36 AM   #8
Andrew360
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reptile House
Where exactly are you located? Southern or Northern. I have a list of Southern Locations but for pick up only but not sure where you are located?

Shanell
I'm in southern ca. Can you please forward me the dealers. Thanks.

ajlee1980@yahoo.com

Old 01-30-2005, 01:50 AM   #9
The Reptile House
They are no longer taking on new customers, Shanell

Old 01-30-2005, 02:10 AM   #10
MGReptiles
Andrew, shoot me an email... I can get yoiu anything from dog bones to 300 gallon aquariums... matt@mgreptiles.com

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!