Businesses Beware/ telephone scams - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 03-30-2006, 02:31 PM   #1
varnyard
Businesses Beware/ telephone scams

I have gotten about seven calls now. The caller is usually very hard to understand (African accent). They requested my business account number for verification purposes. Beware, I don't know what they have in mind, but my guess is it is a scam of sorts. I have not given them any information, I would also suggest you do not as well. My guess is that they are getting my contact number from my website. The last one called today. The phone number on the caller ID, says unknown. I wanted to warn others not to give them any information.

Old 03-30-2006, 02:50 PM   #2
Lucille
Call your local PD and see if they will provide one of THEIR business account numbers that you can send back to these guys. Sweet trap...

Old 04-01-2006, 09:40 PM   #3
joepythons
Thumbs up sweet

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille
Call your local PD and see if they will provide one of THEIR business account numbers that you can send back to these guys. Sweet trap...
Or you can do what i did once.I replied back in a email from the nigerians that wanted my phone number to talk to me direct.I gave them my local sherrifs dept number .

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!