Info Dragons For You - Cages - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-12-2010, 09:44 PM   #11
spyder79
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
Actually it isn't just Harald who seems to have had an issue with these cages.
On BP.net someone else repsonded to my inquiry stating the cages shipped were a different size then they ordered and when a heat panel is installed, it causes the top to sag under the weight.
I am not getting a good feeling about the cages and based on my past experiences of getting crap from cage builders, I am going to look elsewhere.
my personal suggestion would be www.boamaster.com they are awesome got three of their stackable melamine cages. They also do PVC. I have never heard any complaints from any of their customers.

Old 02-13-2010, 01:51 AM   #12
Skiploder
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragons4you View Post
Harald,
This was so upsetting to us, I went back and found your order and old emails. Your order was in 2007 and it appears that the locks on your cages were damaged in shipping. We were more than happy to replace the locks and mailed you new ones. We assumed that you were satisfied.
I'm the guy on BP.net.

I posted my experience on another thread. I don't give my opinion unless asked - and I've responded to two threads in three years about your cages.

I ordered my cages in either 07 and 08 and my experiences mirrored Harald's and I posted as much in May of 2008 on the BOI.

You never addressed my last round of e-mails. I was content at the time to let things lie as I honestly thought that (1) you claimed were busy with shows (2) you sent me slightly bigger cages than I ordered and (3) they were fairly inexpensive.

The fact remains - like Harald, I found your cages to be flimsy and the specific ones I ordered - the snake lock boxes - had door issues due to the weight of the PH-2 heat panels. The roof sagged so bad that the doors were next to impossible to close.

Additionally, the ABS opening for the acrylic sliders were so roughly cut that they ended up scratching the door.

Steve posted on BP-Net and I answered. You demanded my name and our transaction date. You can deduce it from these posts.

I don't post here very often and when I do, it's to post an opinion when one is solicited via a BOI inquiry. You have insinuated I am fronting for another manufacturer which is not only baseless but insulting.

18 months ago a thread was posted on the BOi which Harald and I both responded to. Our opinions we offered today are the same as we gave at that time. Accusing me of criticizing your cages under the guise of shilling for another manufacturer is a low blow. I was willing to kiss of the money I unwisely spent on your cages three or so years ago. I am unwilling to have you deflect responsibility for your past poor customer service and flimsy product on some BS agenda you think I have.

Don't bother PMing me on this board or any other. You have all the pertinent information here to figure out who the hell I am and when you shipped me those two cages. If you still want to continue to publicly deny we ever did business I will out you here as a liar.

Old 02-13-2010, 02:01 AM   #13
hhmoore
Janice,
I wasn't going to go into it, as it was an old transaction...but as long as you continued:

I told Steve that the cages were very lightweight - so lightweight that they had a somewhat flimsy feel to them...but they seemed well constructed. Since I wanted them for display units, and would occasionally be using them offsite, that was both a bonus and a detriment (not the well constructed part, lol)
The problem I had was with the hasps on the sliding doors. On each cage, one was broken...as I said, the damage was minor, but it rendered the cages useless. I needed the ability to securely lock those cages. I was finally sent a pair of showcase locks, but the delay was ridiculous...and they didn't work very well during the brief period that I tried to use them.

The end result - cages that looked bad because of broken plastic bits. I did pop off one of the broken pieces, as instructed - that looked worse. I won't use ugly, damaged caging for a display - I'm funny that way - so it was $400 wasted. At one point, I did consider using them in my home, but the doors didn't slide easily (especially with nothing on them to grab with the hook). Yes, there were things I could have done to make them more functional (they still would have looked bad, do to the broken plastic bits, or my coverup measures if I had removed them), but I elected not to put the effort or money into them. Had they worked out better, I would have purchased several more, and the fact that they didn't match anything else in size or design wouldn't have mattered.

*There were one or two phone calls, during which some of these issues were discussed.
I do believe that your cages could work out quite well for many people. Unfortunately, that wasn't my experience. Again, I only posted because Steve referenced my message to him & I didn't want the anonymous third party issue to be raised by anybody.

Old 02-13-2010, 03:19 AM   #14
StrictlyExotics
Honestly, if people were spending upwards of 400.00 on a cage that they are having an issue with, you cannot blame them for warning people. I, for one, am looking for a stack and I dont want to dish out 1200.00+ for something I MAY, or may not have issues with. Luckily for you, Harald and Craig were able to chalk it up to a lesson-learned rather than someone like me who CANNOT drop that kind of cash on something subpar. I have NO experience with you or your cages but I am going to take two peoples word for it that they are, in fact, a little subpar in the locking and weight issues.

Old 02-14-2010, 12:35 PM   #15
BobH
Almost three years ago, I bought 23 cages from them. They are stacked up to 6 high and I have not had any sagging problems. They have held up great. I did enlarge the ventilation holes a little. I think they are very good cages for the price.

Old 02-17-2010, 11:59 AM   #16
Heart4Dragonz
I just got two of the 36*17*20 cages, and I have No problem with them. Myself and a couple of other people who deal with dragons near me when into a deal for 12, and None of us have any problems with a single cage. I personally met Jimmy from Dragons for you at a Repticon in tampa this past weekend, and he was more than kind and helpful with information on the cages, heating and lighting. My beardies love thier new mansions, and they look great. I didn't ave them shipped I personally picked them up, so there was No damage, and I don't currently lock my cages, so no input there...

Old 03-07-2010, 04:42 PM   #17
CJReptiles
I dont believe they would not try everything possible to resolve any problems with their product.Thats just not the type of people they are.

Old 03-07-2010, 10:35 PM   #18
Dev1283
Cages of mine are great Thanks great doing business with u VERY reasonable on price too for what u get. And also very fair if anything breaks with the repiar! Absloutly looking coward to more cages from u guys!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!