Inquire Scott Micheals Serpent City - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-25-2004, 11:13 AM   #1
HerpLuver
Inquire Scott Micheals Serpent City

Just wondering if anyone has dealt with this gentlemen before, and if so what is your experience in his business dealings. He sounds like a professional business man over the phone i just want to make sure there are no horror stories dealing with him.

Thanks in advance.

Chris

Old 05-25-2004, 11:34 AM   #2
reticlvr
I have dealt with Scott Micheals a number of times, years ago I bought an awsome pair of yellow anacondas from him. He is also very knowledgable and gives great support on the animals he sells.

Old 05-25-2004, 02:26 PM   #3
bachman
Never dealt with him personally, but know people who have, and it's all good.

He is also a vet DVM.

Chad Bachman

Old 05-25-2004, 02:48 PM   #4
evansnakes
He is not a vet/DVM. He still posts that he is but he was removed from his practice and lost his license.

Old 05-25-2004, 02:55 PM   #5
bachman
Oh well, I still have not heard anything bad about him.

Chad Bachman

Old 05-26-2004, 12:37 AM   #6
bachman
Guess I should not post good things about people unless I have dealt with them personally. I got an email from someone telling me some pretty nasty stuff, so I would wait & see more peoples opinions on him.

Sorry,

Chad Bachman

Old 05-26-2004, 04:14 PM   #7
ChrisCarmichael
Scott's always been a great guy to deal with and actually, he didn't lose his DVM degree (maybe the license to practice, but he is a DVM....doctor of veterinary medicine)......that's one thing that can't be taken away!

Old 05-26-2004, 07:33 PM   #8
Mark Petros
Thumbs up scott micheals

Scott is a very honest,knowledgeable guy. Though he isnt a practicing ,he is a doctor of vet. medicine. I`m very comfortable in recommending him as a good guy to do business with. Mark Petros

Old 05-26-2004, 10:05 PM   #9
evansnakes
Mark, Rob, you know what I meant. I thought I would spare the details. Scott is educated, but he is not liscensed or practicing and that is somewhat misrepresented when he posts online and he does not make a distinction. I was simply wanting to point out that there is a difference.

Old 05-26-2004, 10:46 PM   #10
Lee Watson
Thumbs up Scott Michaels--a great guy

Scott Michaels, DVM, RPH, is one of the most knowledgeable reptile vets I know. He has written numerous papers that have been published and has been breeding snakes for 25 years or more.

I think Evan Stahl has pipe dreams or something to say Scott was removed from his practice. Scott allowed his State vet license to lapse over 15 years ago because he went into pharmacy. He is now a registered and licensed pharmacist in Illinois. By the way, he never had a vet practice, although he did have a State license at the time.

The D.V.M. stands for Doctor of Veterinary Medicine. This is an earned degree just as R.P.H. is an earned pharmaceutical degree. These degrees will go to the grave with the person who earned them.

I am not one to put feedback on the BOI, but when I see some of these people who apparently just want to see their names in print, have no idea of the subject but make statements that are far from the truth, I get angry.

I have known Scott and his family since he was 12. He has been a vendor at my show for years. I have never had a complaint about him.

Did the person who sent Chad the private email not have the guts to stand behind his statements? Was this the same person who tried to scam Scott on some ball pythons, the person who owes me money, the person who solicits for good guy posts for the BOI, the person who's banned from Kingsnake, who needs to open the windows on his mini-apartment so he can get fresh air and think straighter, etc., etc., etc?

You can meet Scott at Lee Watson's Reptile Swap (www.reptileswap.com) in Streamwood, where he's a regular vendor. By the way, all of you folks are invited to my 13th anniversary party for my show on Sunday, July 18. Lots of free food (hamburgers, hotdogs, potato salad), birthday cake, and all the trimmings.

Thanks for reading.

Lee Watson

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!