Bad Guy Brandon Griffey - Page 11 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-05-2012, 08:54 PM   #101
mechnut450
I seen healthy snakes die faster than 10 days. I had a bp given to me that was healthy and easting fine then suddenly it died with in a week period for unknown reasons) the only thing I could evert figure out was that it was stressed out over the change in eviroment.

We all know that breeding creates stress so with the stress of shipping and if he breed right off the back that could be so much stressthat it gave the poor snake had heart failure. on top of that the 2 females that were breed to can still produce potions ( among the other morphs, not a morph nerd lol ) then op is out of snake and the receiver still makes out good ( with new snakes)

Old 05-05-2012, 09:01 PM   #102
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike41793
Wow took me awhile to get through this whole thread!
My thought process on the whole thing is this:
Im almost positive ulcers dont develop in just 9 days. Ulcers are caused by bacteria and can slowly develop in the lining of the stomach for years. So with that said i would say the ulcers were a pre-existing condition that had developed in xaviers care....
Not necessarily true. Apparently, not all ulcers are created equally or by the same process. The breeding process could have possibly created a pressure ulcer from being under or wrapped up by a much larger female. This is purely speculation, since no one knows for sure how, why or when the ulcers formed. But I think it's worth noting.

Excerpt from here: http://www.o-wm.com/content/how-much...al-and-in-vitr

Quote:
Severe pressure ulcers and deep tissue injury are associated with higher mortality rates, longer hospital stays, and costly treatment. Time is a critical factor in commonly employed measures (eg, pressure redistribution for wheelchair users and patient turning schedules) to prevent pressure ulcers and deep tissue injury. Surprisingly, information regarding the timeframe for pressure ulcer onset, particularly for deep tissue injury onset, is scant. To create a timeframe for the development of pressure ulcers and deep tissue injury, available evidence from the following study types was obtained and reviewed: 1) studies involving patients who underwent surgeries of known duration and subsequently developed a serious pressure ulcer with subcutaneous tissue damage or deep tissue injury; 2) animal studies in which loads were applied on soft tissues of anesthetized animals and tissue viability monitored in real time or using histology post-euthanasia; and 3) in vitro models in cell cultures and tissue-engineered constructs. Findings from the three models indicate that pressure ulcers in subdermal tissues under bony prominences very likely occur between the first hour and 4 to 6 hours after sustained loading. However, research examining these timeframes in sitting patients is not available. Further fundamental research, employing animal and cell culture models, is required to narrow this range further and to correlate the time factor to the extent of tissue damage.

Old 05-05-2012, 09:05 PM   #103
Lucille
In post 34 Thomas says the vet himself could not say how long the ulcers were there.

Old 05-05-2012, 09:59 PM   #104
Bill T
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexPredatorBoids View Post
Not necessarily true. Apparently, not all ulcers are created equally or by the same process. The breeding process could have possibly created a pressure ulcer from being under or wrapped up by a much larger female. This is purely speculation, since no one knows for sure how, why or when the ulcers formed. But I think it's worth noting.

Excerpt from here: http://www.o-wm.com/content/how-much...al-and-in-vitr
Not the same kind of ulcer what you are reading are skin ulcers I. The ulcers the snake had are internal

Old 05-05-2012, 10:11 PM   #105
Bill T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill T View Post
Not the same kind of ulcer what you are reading are skin ulcers I. The ulcers the snake had are internal
Ok reading it again I may be wrong what type of ulcers did the vet say they where.

Old 05-05-2012, 10:14 PM   #106
DesertRat73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill T View Post
Ok reading it again I may be wrong what type of ulcers did the vet say they where.

In the video he says "ulcers", the report says ulcerative enteritis and mild esophogitis.

Old 05-05-2012, 10:19 PM   #107
Bill T
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRat73 View Post
In the video he says "ulcers", the report says ulcerative enteritis and mild esophogitis.
ok so it is internal

Old 05-05-2012, 11:04 PM   #108
deborahbroadus
Well, regardless...as many females as they paired with the deceased snake...perhaps the buyers will get lucky and then no one will be out anything at all...

Old 05-05-2012, 11:15 PM   #109
bullies&balls
I think it was stated that only 2 or 3 girls were paired with this animal. As well as a couple from the OP. That would fit a 3 day rotation if he wasn't breeding and left in with a female before been moved to another.

Old 05-05-2012, 11:51 PM   #110
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill T
That was posted under the premise that the same principle could apply both internally, as well as externally. I don't know much about the internal anatomy of snakes, and where the stomach is, in relation to the ribcage. Speaking purely as a layman, it seems that what would effect soft tissue on the outside of the body, could have the same effect internally, with an identical stimulus: the tissue being forced against a "bony prominence". If a much heavier snake was on top of, or wrapped around the male for an extended period of time, it could flatten the snake out to the point that the ribcage could come into direct contact and exert a good amount of pressure on the stomach. Sort of like compartment syndrome, but caused by external constriction as opposed to internal swelling.

Guess I'm just trying to puzzle this thing together into a picture that makes sense to me. Pay me no mind.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!