What is the deal with the moonglow crested geckos? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-16-2012, 05:47 PM   #1
emoss1019
What is the deal with the moonglow crested geckos?

MoonGlow Crested Geckos......what information do you have? Real or Fake?

Old 09-16-2012, 07:23 PM   #2
AbsoluteApril
moving this to the discussion forums

Old 09-17-2012, 02:19 AM   #3
Spyral
Moonglow was listed in a couple of books a while back about crested geckos, but it doesn't seem to be reproduced, leading most people to believe that it's a rare occurrence and not a morph of crested geckos. Most so-called "moonglows" are just fired down versions of other colors of patternless geckos, which give the appearance of being pale yellow/peach. It's very easy to get scammed, so be careful if someone is selling "moonglows", especially for large sums of money.

Old 09-17-2012, 10:25 AM   #4
312Herps
Moonglows aren't just white geckos , it's a line of gecko started by a breeder from Ohio for a line of her geckos . like whitewalled is , it's not a real morph it's just the name of a person's project and people turned it into a "morph"( for lack of better termanology, cause there are no actual morphsin crested geckos ).

Old 09-17-2012, 07:13 PM   #5
emoss1019
I have a MoonGlow I didn't know until someone told me this weekend. She has never been any other color other than white patternless she has been stressed and relaxed but never changed colors. I do know she came from Ohio originally.

Old 09-18-2012, 09:09 AM   #6
312Herps
as they say on the interweb , " Photos or it didn't happen " and no offense to you , but video might be in order.

Old 09-18-2012, 08:03 PM   #7
emoss1019
Here is my Girl
Attached Images

Old 09-19-2012, 12:21 AM   #8
CEEMEE
Hey Emily you let me know if you ever need to have a new home for her. I love her!!

Old 09-19-2012, 07:58 AM   #9
emoss1019
Cherie she is so sweet I love her I am thinking about breeding her this year and see what happens but I know how random it is.

Old 09-19-2012, 09:42 AM   #10
312Herps
after looking at that photo in Photoshop that gecko appears to be the same thing a couple other people have , just a very overexposed photo of it.I assure you she turns an offwhite/yellow cream coloration mainly on the dorsal.Here's a photo of a similar female that i myself own.this is while fired up no over exposure.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!