SPECIESUS or SPECIES U.S - Resolution (INFO) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-30-2004, 06:40 PM   #1
morphrancher
SPECIESUS or SPECIES U.S - Resolution (INFO)

I have spoken personally with the folks at Species U.S about the serious problem with their shipping and the issues I had with their customer service.

I am personally confident now that they are going to change their shipping methods and become more responsive to customer concerns.

Personally I can understand how folks new in the business can make a mistake. However, we all know too well the losers and scammers out there that provoke mistrust and give the industry a black eye.

Species U.S has agreed to refund the cost of shipping and we had an extensive conversation about what is expected in the reptile business when shipping an animal.

Due to the circumstances I cannot retract my criticism of the poor conditions under which they shipped my animal. I would however like to mention that I believe this has been a good learning process for them (and me) and their future transactions may be much more professional.

I believe they showed character in dealing with my situation and with their willingness to learn from it.

Alex Tanner

Old 10-01-2004, 08:53 PM   #2
chaotic9
by any chance, did you buy a tiger rat from them? i've seen one advertised lately, but since it was wild caught, i decided against it.

Old 12-08-2004, 06:32 PM   #3
pch101
SPECIESUS has learned nothing....

I just received a rosy boa from them today. The snake was in a bag identical to the one yours came in. The box was partially insulated with a bottom, Two small ends and a top. The two larger side walls were missing their styrofoam liners and thus nothing was there to keep the two small ends from falling down. As a result the snakes only padding was two square pieces of 1/2 inch styrofoam a heat pad and the top peice of styrofoam. They had told me that the snake had a tiny bit of a pink nose from past nose rub. I guess that was an understatment. It was rubbed to the bone, and the snake had had/has a serious respiratory infection (super puffy throat and open mouth breathing. Its condition and injuries have distorted its whole face to look quite horrible. I will never order from them again. I an disgusted! You talked to them about their methods back in september. Well this is December, and they still need some serious improvment!

James Wilson

Old 12-08-2004, 06:59 PM   #4
morphrancher
Not Cool!

That sucks James. I feel let down because of my earlier post outlining my conversation with them and their seeming willingness to learn from their mistake and take steps to improve. Apparently it's gone by the wayside. Sad...

Alex Tanner

Old 12-08-2004, 07:30 PM   #5
pch101
Not your fault

You are like me, you see the potential in people, and you tried to make a difference. I just should have gone with my gut...

James Wilson

Old 12-08-2004, 07:51 PM   #6
herpcondo
i inquired about a chameleon,,

hi all,,
i inquired about a chemeleon they had on KS and after a few emails,, i just had a bad gut feeling and purchased from someone else,, it is a shame they are selling animals with defects,, and shipping them in substandard shipping boxes,, you know a good shipping box is only 2-3 bucks,, damn shame,, but after reading this ,, glad i passed,,,

Old 12-09-2004, 12:42 AM   #7
gcsreptiles
I bought a pair of Uroplatus phantasitcus from them about 2 weeks ago. I talked to Mike on the phone and told him it was cold and informed him of the weather conditions in my area. He told me they would be shipping them in a styrofoam insulated box with heat packs. Well I got them and the box was not insulated at all, crushed and the phantasticus were like icecubes. There was a heat pack in the box, but a lot of good it does without any insulation. Also, the male was loose in the box because his deli was partially crushed as well. I emailed him letting him know I was dissatisfied with the shipping and for $45 shipping they could have sprung for the correct shipping supplies. Of course no response.

The phantasticus are doing well now and they look to be healthy otherwise.

Old 12-09-2004, 01:16 AM   #8
morphrancher
REALLY Not Cool!

I now feel as if I was played the fool by buying standing up for these guys. Obviously they could care less about the animals. "DON'T BUY FROM SPECIES U S or SPECIESUS" whatever they call themselves.

I'm sending a pic of what started my this whole mess for me. This blood python was shipped in the box it is sitting on, with nothing more than a bag for packing material. It came USPS and spent two days in the system. At least I can report that after pulling off several ticks and treating for internal and internal parasites it is in good shape.

Alex Tanner

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!