Unlawful arrest and detention - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum

Notices

Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum Survivalism, Livestock, Preparedness, Self Reliant Homesteading, Individual Liberty

Old 08-22-2012, 06:53 AM   #1
crotalusadamanteus
Unlawful arrest and detention

Brandon Raub. Decorated Marine Corps war vet exercised his first amendment rights on facebook. Below is the post he made...

http://wtvr.com/2012/08/21/full-text...republic-back/

As a result of his post, the FBI arrested him, and took him to a "mental hospital" for evaluation, and he was supposed to be in front of a Judge on Monday just passed. Yesterday, the following text was received via Brandon's brother...

Via Brent M Raub : Big update on Brandon Raub.He being transferred to Va hospital in Salem.Close to Roanoke. Their Agenda is to hide him from the people.To complicate things for our Lawyers and to keep my family from being able to contact him.

This patriot deserves the help and support of the people. If you can find it in your heart to do so, please donate what you can to the following fund for his defense. His mom and family are devastated over this. It is a serious injustice and total violation of his guaranteed constitutional rights.

https://fundrazr.com/campaigns/8LqA0

Old 08-22-2012, 08:56 AM   #2
JColt
In one message earlier this month according to authorities, Raub wrote: "Sharpen my axe; I'm here to sever heads."

I'm all for freedom of speech but if you choose the wrong words it will cost you. I dont understand the defense fund. He has not been charged with a crime and has a lawyer to look out for his interest from civil liberties group.

The family posted one of the facebook postings but here are others that federal agents contend posts made by Raub were “terrorist in nature.”

Old 08-22-2012, 09:02 AM   #3
crotalusadamanteus
And how doea that statement vonstitute a direct threat or act of terrorism? No names or direct threats occured.

Civil liberties groups don't work for free there are fees involved. But I'm not going to turn this into a debate. You don't want to contribute...don't.

Old 08-22-2012, 10:32 AM   #4
JColt
The 30 day evaluation isn't free either. Tax payer paid. I'm just saying there's more than just "My civil rights have been violated" stuff going on here.

Old 08-22-2012, 10:35 AM   #5
JColt
aub is being represented by attorneys associated with the Rutherford Institute, a Charlottesville, VA based civil liberties organization that provides free legal services to people whose constitutional and human rights have been threatened or violated.

Old 08-22-2012, 10:52 AM   #6
Shadera
While I don't disagree with much of what he said, they're probably making an example of him through the UCMJ. If he's out, but he's inactive ready, receiving any sort of monetary benefit, still receiving VA healthcare for an injury, etc, they can unfortunately nail him to the wall for those kind of comments.

Don't like it a bit, though.

Old 08-22-2012, 11:00 AM   #7
Lucille
The fundraising request is for $10,000. If he is receiving free legal representation, exactly why are these funds needed?

Old 08-22-2012, 12:39 PM   #8
WebSlave
It seems that the definition of "terrorism" has become like modeling clay lately. Of course, everyone will be against terrorism. Just adapt the definition of the term to fit whatever circumstance you wish it to apply to.

Of COURSE the government is terrified of the populace waking up and demanding our country back from their grubby little paws.

Old 08-22-2012, 12:50 PM   #9
Metachrosis
Free Legal Representation will not vindicate this man,"the need" is for Legitimate Representation.
This event will "become" very hard to follow in the coming weeks.

Old 08-22-2012, 12:53 PM   #10
JColt
The moment they started using words like homeland security, domestic terrorism and 911 I started worrying.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!