People and their auctions prices - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 11-27-2012, 08:56 PM   #11
Metachrosis
Instead of all the heartburn of people you wouldn't
care took their next breath much less read their public educated retorts.
The site has an ignore feature that turns their broadcast off.
Such a wonderful tool, ignore is potent against entitled folks, it reduces them to less then average. They want to be right, leave'em with it.
They catch on pretty quick, some do anyway .........

Old 11-28-2012, 08:18 AM   #12
Focal
I was just giving you a hard time Rich What I was refering to is, every snake I tried to get on a deal ended up biting me in the rear. If someone is asking the same price in an auction, as a breeder is on their website, I'd rather buy from the breeder. The second hand snake in an auction/sale is more likely to be sick, not eating, injured etc, IMO. This doesn't apply to everyone of course, but I believe the chances are greater considering the shotgun nature of an auction.

I have sold trouble eaters in auctions, after clearly labeling them as such, because it's harder to get a feel of what they should sell for and honestly, I just want to move the animal. There are also a lot of people that realize they want to get out of animals that they made a mistake on purchasing (or caring for) and are only worried about getting 100% of their money back.

Old 11-28-2012, 10:17 AM   #13
allreptiles1966
I'm done Rich.

Old 12-21-2012, 01:37 PM   #14
FireStorm
Quote:
Originally Posted by allreptiles1966 View Post
but starting out with bidding at $200 then stating it wont go for less then $2000. Why start the bidding at $200. Really ? Also,why have bids starting at prices that are normal pricing on here from the good breeders?
So, what you're saying is, someone shouldn't start the bidding for significantly less than what they think animal should sell for, because then there would be a lot of bidding to get to the final price. But they also shouldn't just start the bidding close to what the actual value is either, because then people can't make a bunch of bids.

So what exactly are they supposed to do?

Old 01-07-2013, 10:48 AM   #15
312Herps
I honestly believe there should be no Reserve for the auction section. You need a reserve ? sell it for that price in the trade section . I do see Rich's persepctive , in that why set such a low price to start the bidding if you wont take less than a certain asking price (reserve) which is usually about the same as the "market asking price" . It's kind of like bumper bowling for adults as far as being a seller goes . Also it may not be ,but it kind of seems like a "safe" way to be a market crasher.
On the otherside of the coin i do understand the whole "if you don't like it don't buy it or bid on it " ism . I've found most times when people are complaining about a price , It's usually because they want it and can't afford it or are unable to sell something they believe to be similar for a similar or lesser price.

i say remove the reserve and if you don't want to sell your animal for less then don't Auction it .

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!